Your unpopular opinion on video games

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Your unpopular opinion on video games

Post by Sdbillustrations » 19 Feb 2019, 14:33

Hey you ever found yourself in the minority with what the gaming community thinks of certain games?

For me it would be...
1)Final Fantasy XV was a great game and one of the best Jrpgs on the PS4
2)Never been a big fan of the Persona series and find them a bit overrated
3)I really liked the ending to Far Cry 5
4)Final Fantasy IX is better than VII
5)I thought both Skyrim and Fallout are dull and ugly looking games
6)Sonic Heroes was one of my fav Sonic games

If so what unpopular opinions do you have?

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Your unpopular opinion on video games

Post by lolin » 19 Feb 2019, 18:11

In terms of mechanics and gameplay, there's no better MMORPG than World of Warcraft.

In terms of chat and community, there's no worse MMORPG than World of Warcraft.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 19 Feb 2019, 18:24

Unpopular opinions?
1. Dragon Quest have have a more interesting future than Final Fantasy
2. Sword Art Online Hollow Realization is the most content heavy Action RPG and if had a bigger budget and was more well known and less hated, would be the best game of this decade.
3. Pokemon, as a JRPG is the most overrated franchise in the Genre. it took me to open up and play proper JRPGs to figure that out. I still love the franchise though.
4. The whole Battle Royale stuff that's getting shoe-horned into Shooters is a fad that will die out once the dust stettles on the next gen consoles and will be a PC thing.
5. Breath of the Wild is the most overrated Nintendo game, and wouldn't be valued so highly if it was a Wii U exclusive like it would have been if it didn't get delayed so badly that it also became a Switch release game
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 25 Feb 2019, 14:21

I take back everything I said about Persona being overrated. I'm completely hooked and in love with Persona 5. It just took 10 hours and alotta tutorials to get there haha. But oh my goodness was it worth it, this could be a new fav jrpg.

I'm very excited to get home asap and play it, shame its my long day at work...

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 25 Feb 2019, 15:20

FF IX is better than FFVII, it was the best game in the series and the culmination of everything the series stood for. Voice acting killed FF for me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck Tidus.

"You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say 'hey there's the bad guy!' So what does that make you? Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide -- and how to lie. Me I don't have that problem. I always tell the truth -- even when I lie." - Tony Montana

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 25 Feb 2019, 15:23

Reno Wingates Hazard wrote:FF IX is better than FFVII, it was the best game in the series and the culmination of everything the series stood for. Voice acting killed FF for me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fuck Tidus.

I love FF IX :D i am a little biased as it was the first Final Fantasy game I fell in love with. I did try FFVII first but found it had a aged poorly. I'm holding out for the remake.

Yeah I wish I could play FFX in Japanese or without voices.

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 25 Feb 2019, 15:24

Sdbillustrations wrote:I love FF IX :D i am a little biased as it was the first Final Fantasy game I fell in love with. I did try FFVII first but found it had a aged poorly. I'm holding out for the remake.

Yeah I wish I could play FFX in Japanese or without voices.

I beat them all in under a year then got 10 on launch, FFIX was the best, VI was great and I liked VIII because it reminded me of Harry Potter but more edgy. FFVII was good, very kooky and unique like the older FFs.

"You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say 'hey there's the bad guy!' So what does that make you? Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide -- and how to lie. Me I don't have that problem. I always tell the truth -- even when I lie." - Tony Montana

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Feb 2019, 15:46

Sdbillustrations wrote:6)Sonic Heroes was one of my fav Sonic games

SAME
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 25 Feb 2019, 15:53

Here's another one: The Sega Saturn kicks ass and has better Street Fighter games than modern systems.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Feb 2019, 15:58

Subspace Emmisary was good
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 25 Feb 2019, 16:02

Reno Wingates Hazard wrote:I beat them all in under a year then got 10 on launch, FFIX was the best, VI was great and I liked VIII because it reminded me of Harry Potter but more edgy. FFVII was good, very kooky and unique like the older FFs.

that's insane XD it takes me forever to just beat one of them haha i admire your skills. My favs go FFXV, FFIX, FFX, FFIV (waits for angry FF fans to arrive XD )

I really want to play VIII but there isnt a great modern way to play it :/

GraceMellody wrote:SAME

Anytime i here the opening song, i get nostalgia overload XD SONIC HERRRRROOOOOEEESSS!!!

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 26 Feb 2019, 02:42

Sdbillustrations wrote:that's insane XD it takes me forever to just beat one of them haha i admire your skills. My favs go FFXV, FFIX, FFX, FFIV (waits for angry FF fans to arrive XD )

I really want to play VIII but there isnt a great modern way to play it :/

Anytime i here the opening song, i get nostalgia overload XD SONIC HERRRRROOOOOEEESSS!!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PlayStation ... :rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SONY-PS2-PL ... :rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Final-Fanta ... :rk:2:pf:0

You were saying? :p

Region free so you can use any version of FF8, just don't raise the pirate flag. :p

I bought a Saturn and DC from Detroit, this is how you play old games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3915 ... TASY_VIII/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =203527336

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 26 Feb 2019, 09:13

haha i mean on modern consoles (i know i know.. i should be into pc gaming XD ) but some games are worth getting the original console for. I partly can't stand how bad ps1 games look on my HDTV :/ poor final fantasy ix (luckily its coming to the switch so im going to complete it on that)

wait is there a way to get a region free version of Chrono Cross?

thanks for all the info this is really useful :)

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Feb 2019, 14:07

GraceMellody wrote:SAME

Hell yeah.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 26 Feb 2019, 17:24

There's no region free Chrono cross. I've heard of some people making other region PSN accounts so there's that I suppose... Not sure if that even still works anymore.