Sword Art Online games

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Sword Art Online games

Post by Kai » 13 Sep 2018, 17:42

Hollow Fragment (PS Vita)
Re: Hollow Fragment (PS4, PC)
Lost Song (PS Vita, PS4)
Hollow Realization (PS4, PS Vita, PC)
Accel World vs Sword Art Online (PS4, PS Vita, PC)
Fatal Bullet (PS4, XBOX One, PC)
Memory Defrag (Android, iOS)
Integral Factor (Android, iOS)

Let's Discuss these games :)

[mention=100664]toshioa[/mention]
[mention=79663]DragonOfDojima[/mention]
[mention=717]PharaohAtem[/mention]

and whoever else I'm not really familiar with but have played any of them
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Re: Sword Art Online games

Post by DragonOfDojima » 14 Sep 2018, 13:36

Im a kirito xD

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Sep 2018, 18:00

I’ve played lost song on vita and I loved it my first sao game I’ve ever played.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 14 Sep 2018, 18:06

PharaohAtem wrote:I’ve played lost song on vita and I loved it my first sao game I’ve ever played.

I wasn't a massive fan of the Post-game, but my favourite characters were Kirito, Asuna, Yuuki Rain and Black Lotus
Image Image Image

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Sep 2018, 18:22

I can’t remrmber who that girl with the pet dragons name was but I like her kirito, assuna, dragon girl and another I forgot I’ll have to look.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 14 Sep 2018, 18:25

PharaohAtem wrote:I can’t remrmber who that girl with the pet dragons name was but I like her kirito, assuna, dragon girl and another I forgot I’ll have to look.

Silica and her pet is called Pina
Image Image Image

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Sep 2018, 00:02

Awe yes now I remember. I got to a desert area and got killed by a Gia t scorpion after not firing up until then not cool

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 15 Sep 2018, 13:38

PharaohAtem wrote:Awe yes now I remember. I got to a desert area and got killed by a Gia t scorpion after not firing up until then not cool

You know I've got such a temptation to return to all the SAO games at some point and try to grind for the max levels
Image Image Image

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Sep 2018, 09:48

Kai wrote:You know I've got such a temptation to return to all the SAO games at some point and try to grind for the max levels

You and me both! I need to finish Hollow Fragment at some point or another! Was the first SAO game I played and I really enjoyed it, just got to a point where I was constantly grinding levels and, whilst still fun, it did get a little repetitive. I was trying to find the best area to train in and found a small section of the Hollow World that had some 'gazer' looking creatures that offered good exp for their return and weren't too difficult to beat either. Any tips? ;)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 17 Sep 2018, 10:32

While I haven't played any of these games I have been interested in picking one up on PC I just don't know which one to go for. What I'm mainly looking for is which one is the most satisfactory on the gameplay side, and doesn't require another game to get into it. As far as the anime goes I've only seen the first season and right now I don't have any plans to continue with it in the near future. So based on this, which one would you recommend?

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 17 Sep 2018, 14:29

Beerkeg wrote:While I haven't played any of these games I have been interested in picking one up on PC I just don't know which one to go for. What I'm mainly looking for is which one is the most satisfactory on the gameplay side, and doesn't require another game to get into it. As far as the anime goes I've only seen the first season and right now I don't have any plans to continue with it in the near future. So based on this, which one would you recommend?

Start with Re: Hollow Fragment. it's the first story-wise and the cheapest.
Image Image Image

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 17 Sep 2018, 14:38

toshioa wrote:You and me both! I need to finish Hollow Fragment at some point or another! Was the first SAO game I played and I really enjoyed it, just got to a point where I was constantly grinding levels and, whilst still fun, it did get a little repetitive. I was trying to find the best area to train in and found a small section of the Hollow World that had some 'gazer' looking creatures that offered good exp for their return and weren't too difficult to beat either. Any tips? ;)

The best thing to start off with, is grinding weapon mastery, and farming skill points, so you can unlock new Sword Skills and Battle Skills. Auto-attack may be a cheap way to do it, but it's also the most effective way. For that, focus on obtaining skills that raises your attack speed and just hack away at the enemies. You'll also want skills like Perfect Style and Hyper Armor to help protect yourself and to temporarily give you perfect accuracy.

There's a lot to fill you in on though, so I'll let you digest it bit by bit :lol:
Image Image Image

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 18 Sep 2018, 09:09

Kai wrote:The best thing to start off with, is grinding weapon mastery, and farming skill points, so you can unlock new Sword Skills and Battle Skills. Auto-attack may be a cheap way to do it, but it's also the most effective way. For that, focus on obtaining skills that raises your attack speed and just hack away at the enemies. You'll also want skills like Perfect Style and Hyper Armor to help protect yourself and to temporarily give you perfect accuracy.

There's a lot to fill you in on though, so I'll let you digest it bit by bit :lol:

I've definitely been chomping away at the skill points and masteries :) I've almost mastered every single weapon class on Kirito! I need to get back on it truth be told and start smashing through it again but I'm a little 'too' addicted to Cyberdimension at the moment :lol: Going to finish Cyber then make a big ol' return to Fragment :) Will get PS+ soon to so we can play online :D

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 18 Sep 2018, 14:26

toshioa wrote:I've definitely been chomping away at the skill points and masteries :) I've almost mastered every single weapon class on Kirito! I need to get back on it truth be told and start smashing through it again but I'm a little 'too' addicted to Cyberdimension at the moment :lol: Going to finish Cyber then make a big ol' return to Fragment :) Will get PS+ soon to so we can play online :D

That would be awesome!

Then for Level Grinding, The most amount of EXP you can get from battles is defeating enemies 15 levels higher than your own, But level suppression kicks in in those scenarios so you get hidden Accuracy and Evasion penalties during battle, and you'll notice that you'll miss a lot, and they will be able to hit you more
Image Image Image

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 18 Sep 2018, 14:48

Kai wrote:That would be awesome!

Then for Level Grinding, The most amount of EXP you can get from battles is defeating enemies 15 levels higher than your own, But level suppression kicks in in those scenarios so you get hidden Accuracy and Evasion penalties during battle, and you'll notice that you'll miss a lot, and they will be able to hit you more

When I come back from Croatia next week, I'll look at getting PS+ sorted and will let you know bud :)

That would definitely explain why my XP has tailed off a fair bit now then; I think the gazer things are only 2-3 levels higher than Kirito. Then again, I was using them to raise other party members such as Asuna, Leafa, etc. I don't suppose you know whether my save file from PS4 would work with the Vita version? If so, I'll get a copy on Vita too ;)