What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Jul 2023, 09:34

Currently playing AEW Fight Forever, and it's a bit limited but not as terrible as everyone on social media says it is.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Jul 2023, 14:32

Started streaming Ace Attorney Trilogy on Twitch. I don't stream for long so I only did the first episode last night

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Jul 2023, 14:41

LilMissLarBear wrote:
13 Jul 2023, 14:32
Started streaming Ace Attorney Trilogy on Twitch. I don't stream for long so I only did the first episode last night

If you have any of the consoles, the Anime follows the plot of the games exactly.

About 16 years ago I had a Nintendo DS, and bought the Phoenix Wright games as I'm a fan of that kind of thing, it was also released on Xbox last year, and I think it's on the PS and the Switch.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by djd001 » 13 Jul 2023, 17:30

I live on Genshin.
I'm still no good.
And close to 500 days play time, I still don't have a set of artefacts.
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Jul 2023, 21:25

I've been playing and getting achievements on various games on Xbox all day, most noteably some pretty decent Doom clone on Game Pass called Prodeus.

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 15 Jul 2023, 23:07

LilMissLarBear wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 07:34
Been trying Harry Potter Magic Awakened and it's honestly fascinating. It's like all sorts of types of games mushed into one. It's a RPG but the combat style looks like a tower defense style but it isn't because you can move around yourself but you get cards to put things on the board which cost energy so you can keep putting things down on the board just like a tower defense game

There's mini games which makes you feel like you are either playing a big standard rhythm game or Cooking Mama. I swear to God my mind is blown. There is a story and I'm working through yearbook 1-2 right now.

The opening graphics are amazing. I'll enter Hogwarts and actually play it soon.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 12:45

Currently I'm playing Dragon Age Origin... I had gotten to Redcliffe. My PC RAID system got wiped... so not restarting as I lost all my save files. I was also progressing through Republic Commando (played it years ago on Xbox but managed to get it running on PC) and was at Kashyyyk. Also still doing the 1.5 Epic of Remnant - SERAPH event. Once I do that, I'll make my way through 1.5 proper. And then on the Road to Lostbelt 7.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Jul 2023, 13:39

I managed to get quite a few achievements on Super Ninja Miner last night.

I started The Expanse: A Telltale Series this morning, pretty cool so far, although I had to turn the sound off, lots of swearing, which Mum and Dad don't like.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 27 Jul 2023, 16:30

AlterAstolfo wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 12:45
My PC RAID system got wiped... so not restarting as I lost all my save files
Well I hope you learned something... Sensitive data goes in RAID 1 not RAID 0

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 27 Jul 2023, 16:34

Been playing Persona 5 lately as beforehand I had a bit of a block trying to defeat Komoshida and it took a few attempts now I am on a new mission just infiltrated the palace :dance:

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by AlterAstolfo » 27 Jul 2023, 17:57

Beerkeg wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 16:30
AlterAstolfo wrote:

I bought it from a guy, didn't know what a RAID was. And well, it was just a RAID 0. Thankfully I've fixed the PC, had to basically reset it and install windows on one of the drives with a flash drive.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Jul 2023, 07:47

AlterAstolfo wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 17:57
Beerkeg wrote:
AlterAstolfo wrote:

I bought it from a guy, didn't know what a RAID was. And well, it was just a RAID 0. Thankfully I've fixed the PC, had to basically reset it and install windows on one of the drives with a flash drive.

I've learned the hard way not to buy PC hardware from backstreet dealers who have stalls at stuff like computer fairs.

No after sales support for a start, if you take it away, plug it in and it won't work, it's ready for the bin and you've probably just spent a lot of money on it.

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by AlterAstolfo » 28 Jul 2023, 10:28

richardallen1976 wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 07:47
AlterAstolfo wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 17:57
Beerkeg wrote:

I've learned the hard way not to buy PC hardware from backstreet dealers who have stalls at stuff like computer fairs.

No after sales support for a start, if you take it away, plug it in and it won't work, it's ready for the bin and you've probably just spent a lot of money on it.

Yeah, I mean it was working fine. I left a memory stick in the PC when I had launched it one day... but because it was only a RAID 0 when I rebooted the machine it wanted to launch via the memory stick and I was stuck in a Boot Loop. So I eventually found a video, it led me through a series of commands to get to the Boot Menu. And it instructed me to do a reset.

That reset process I learned later on Steam likely broke the RAID 0 and well... now my PC no longer had Windows.

Thankfully I reset it up, though now I have a load of desperate SSD's acting as independent storage, so MCC doesn't fit on the PC no more. Luckily my old PC can run the games up to 3.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 28 Jul 2023, 12:32

MCC is like under 50GB.... what millennium is this? I didn't know they still make drives that small...
If its a hardware RAID controller, you can still use it and just set up a few drives in RAID1 for backups or what not. If you were on linux you could just use zfs or something to expand storage without a raid contoller. Sadly the windows zfs port still sucks and windows itself only lets you extend volumes on the same drive.
If your old PC dive is big enough to hold whatever game you want, why not just plug that into your main PC? Keep the current drive with windows on it as your boot drive and just add the other one as data.
You could buy a basic 2TB SSD for like 40£ and throw it in the PC.
Theres a ton of options to get things going again.

AlterAstolfo
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by AlterAstolfo » 28 Jul 2023, 14:54

Yeah, I mean the SSD I have is actually bigger. But Steam having this error where it claims there's isn't enough room despite it having plenty. So I gave up in the end.

So I ended up for now using the new PC for Unreal, Blender and some RPGS and Single Player games. And using my Old PC as my Multiplayer game one. For now.