What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 14 Feb 2018, 04:42

I didn't actually realise there were notices on games to let you know they were remote play compatible these days? Wow. They technically all are via pc, but that means DBFZ can be played via any device as it doesn't require a lot of controls. I must say that was the easiest Dragonball game to get into yet, even though it had some complaints that it was too easy to pull off combos. I've convinced a few friends to try it and it's their favourite fighting game as they're not big into the genre.

Speaking of new to the genre, just got Dynasty Warriors 9 today. Oh dear oh dear... it'll do well with the mainstream market, but the hardcore fans may be annoyed by it. Another open world game! It's taken me a whole day just to do the Yellow Turban rebellion because the maps are so stretched out!
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Feb 2018, 11:22

Assassins Creed Origins: battling a snake in a boat and getting my but whipped but I'm learning

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 Feb 2018, 21:52

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:I didn't actually realise there were notices on games to let you know they were remote play compatible these days? Wow. They technically all are via pc, but that means DBFZ can be played via any device as it doesn't require a lot of controls. I must say that was the easiest Dragonball game to get into yet, even though it had some complaints that it was too easy to pull off combos. I've convinced a few friends to try it and it's their favourite fighting game as they're not big into the genre.

Speaking of new to the genre, just got Dynasty Warriors 9 today. Oh dear oh dear... it'll do well with the mainstream market, but the hardcore fans may be annoyed by it. Another open world game! It's taken me a whole day just to do the Yellow Turban rebellion because the maps are so stretched out!
It's usually on the back of the case. Sometimes it isn't, but I've been told all PS4 games are RP compatible. Weelll... Xenoverse isn't... >.> I've tried it. It says "this application can't be used on this device," give or take a different word or two. It ALWAYS says that for my PS3 games. So much so that I've given up trying to do ANY Remote Play on it! >.< Talk about tragic. ;.;

I'm not big into the genre either, but it had/has EXCELLENT reviews. I even got to see some gameplay and cinematics. After that, it was pure inevitability for me about getting it. lol I'm still new to this, so the combos I need to figure out and find for each character. I know, there's a Combo Tutorial. Those get to be frustrating to pull off, so I think I'll just use Battle Practice to be creative. ^.^

Playing Dragon Ball FighterZ again. I'm not doing those preset combos anymore. THAT's why I was getting so frustrated. I need to create my own.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 15 Feb 2018, 06:36

Ah, I remember the warnings being present for PS3 games. Thought they changed it when it got to the PS4 so you were simply streaming the feed as though your Vita/ laptop or monitor was the main screen, rather than trying to play the games direct from other devices?

With most of the 2D fighters the combo tutorials can get pretty grating. I usually spend a week just in there before going online or to the arcade modes. I've always found the biggest challenge isn't the buttons themselves, but the split second timings. It's the same reason I rarely play as any counter-type fighters, where you have to wait for your opponent to attack to parry, throw or counter attack.

Finally reached Hu Lao Gate in DW9. See you next year... (may take a few breaks and do some GT Sport races to break up the time).

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Feb 2018, 17:26

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Ah, I remember the warnings being present for PS3 games. Thought they changed it when it got to the PS4 so you were simply streaming the feed as though your Vita/ laptop or monitor was the main screen, rather than trying to play the games direct from other devices?
Don't look at me. lol :P I just know I've seen it on the back of a few games, like Assassin's Cree Origins(I think...).
MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:With most of the 2D fighters the combo tutorials can get pretty grating. I usually spend a week just in there before going online or to the arcade modes. I've always found the biggest challenge isn't the buttons themselves, but the split second timings. It's the same reason I rarely play as any counter-type fighters, where you have to wait for your opponent to attack to parry, throw or counter attack.
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head right there. >.<
MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Finally reached Hu Lao Gate in DW9. See you next year... (may take a few breaks and do some GT Sport races to break up the time).
xD Ciao for now!! lol A year though? We'll miss ya! x'D

I'm taking a break from FighterZ with DmC right now. It's a good way to relieve the temporary frustration. ^.^ Oh, speaking of DmC!

I've finished Vergil's Downfall on Human mode, Devil Hunter mode is next! So by beating the game I got the Hollowed(Hallowed?) skin for Vergil! It's called "Standard," and then there's "Weak Vergil" which is the skin(costume/outfit) you see as the default when you go through the first playthrough of Vergil's Downfall. The "Standard" one is originally "Weak Vergil," but after you beat the game on any difficulty(I think... I finished it on Human, so it stands to reason) you get the Hollowed Vergil skin as the new "Standard." His eyes are red-orange and pupiless, his body emanates an aura(either white or black, I can't remember), and his skin is pale. His hands, sleeves, and collar are a luminescent white. It's so AWESOME!!! :D I'm not sure if it's more powerful than the other Skins, but either way, it looks SWEEEET!!!! :D POWER!!! ABSOLUTE POWER!!!! The Definitive Edition has the DMC 3 outfit and hair style for Vergil as a Skin. I've been using that for the whole story(until I unlocked the one you get by finishing Vergil's story that is! :D ).

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 15 Feb 2018, 17:39

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 9

There's so much wrong with it....but I still love it...
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Feb 2018, 18:33

MakiChan wrote:Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 9

There's so much wrong with it....but I still love it...
I know the feeling. I was like that about DMC 1 back when it was on the PS2 first. Only because I kept dying really, but I LOVED it! I think I actually got scared from the whole dark atmosphere at first too. lol What? I was little!! xP

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 15 Feb 2018, 18:49

No DMC 1 was just hard as fudge XD

Even on Normal it was difficult XD
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
The Phalanx - Trivium

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Feb 2018, 20:31

I knuuuwww!!!! I managed ti beat it though. Even came up with a couple of tips for the Mundus fight(both times) and how to get a lot of Red Orbs by repeatedly killing Phantom when he chases you down the hallway and restarting the Mission. lol

Hypnoticx
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Hypnoticx » 15 Feb 2018, 21:10

Oh its a lot of fun, very interesting storyline.
Tales from the borderlands is a spin off to the actual games and doesn't involve shooting, its similar to life is strance and your choices affect how the story goes ^^
I too am no good at shooting...

I've always meant to try dmc at some point, heard great things.

Almost complete life is strange, now attempting Thief again.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Feb 2018, 21:20

Starting up DB FighterZ again. I'm determined to learn combos!!!!!

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Feb 2018, 23:50

Ninja storm 4 boruto kinda in training mode won one fight then lost one by one attack

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 16 Feb 2018, 05:05

I like when games have nods to previous ones via costume unlocks or weapons, maybe even past levels. DMC and Dynasty Warriors have both shared that trait in the past.

Yeah, DW9 certainly has it's issues. I'm sticking with it because I've always liked the lore, but the graphics were buggy as all hell in movie mode. Always keep that in action mode. The voice acting in English grates on the ears after a while too (as it's much more speech heavy than action unlike previous arcade-like Warriors games) so I've changed the voices to Chinese for authenticity. I like that they've gone for an RPG feel this time around, but that open world needs more to do!

It didn't take a year to get through Hu Lao Gate in the end, but I've been switching between factions, so it does feel much longer.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Feb 2018, 08:51

I don't remember, did Dante or Lucia have different costumes in DMC 2? I know Trish was unlockable, that's one thing I do know. You did have to finish both of their stories though to do so. I never got around to playing as Lucia. Not because I didn't want to, on the contrary, I couldn't WAIT to. Ohhhhh!!! I think disc 2 was too scratched for me to play as her when I bought it for the PS2 back then. :( I do have the PS3 DMC HD Collection, so maybe it's high time I do that.

I unlocked Bloody Palace for Vergil! Woooooo!!!! The furthest level I've hit was 18(without Super Vergil - I haven't even unlocked him yet). So far anyway. :P I need those Red Orbs. Small Vital Stars and Small Devil Stars are now 1,000 each while the Large ones are a staggering 2,000!!!! >.< >.< So instead of doing a Mission for orbs I'm hittin' the Bloody Palace. I NEED those items for the harder difficulties!! Damn't!! ;.;

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 16 Feb 2018, 10:33

Lucia wasn't all that great, I used Trish to do the harder difficulties and that dreaded boss Trismagia as she was OP as fudge

Back onto DW9, the graphics and voice acting are terrible, they really did not need to change all their voices. The game itself is amazing though
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
The Phalanx - Trivium