What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by toshioa » 05 Mar 2018, 08:44

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Would it help if I said there's remasters coming out for the first Dark Souls this year, including the Switch? Of course, you don't want to throw that... :=D:

:lol: I shall avoid it like the plague :P

In other news, as I was snowed in from Thursday afternoon until this morning, I was able to smash through Horizon Zero Dawn and I have to say, it's one of the best stories I've played out in a LONG time. Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it; the characters were great; the story line had depth, was well planned out and unfolded with absolute precision and the flawless gameplay just completed the experience. If you haven't already played this game, I definitely invite and urge you to give it ago - you will not regret it! :)

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 06 Mar 2018, 04:45

I agree. If you can stay away from staring at the scenery for long enough the story is fantastic. Was running through the Frozen Wilds before I took a break. I believe another dlc story has just been released for it this year?

Was watching some of that Go 8-Bit on UK Dave earlier and it got me back to playing some Toobin', which in turn sent me off on a NES marathon of lesser-known arcade style games. The soundtracks alone are still some of the best. Definitely when it comes to Batman, Ninja Gaiden and the TMNT games.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 06 Mar 2018, 10:27

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:I agree. If you can stay away from staring at the scenery for long enough the story is fantastic. Was running through the Frozen Wilds before I took a break. I believe another dlc story has just been released for it this year?

Was watching some of that Go 8-Bit on UK Dave earlier and it got me back to playing some Toobin', which in turn sent me off on a NES marathon of lesser-known arcade style games. The soundtracks alone are still some of the best. Definitely when it comes to Batman, Ninja Gaiden and the TMNT games.

Haha, so true, the scenery and overall feel of the game can definitely distract you from what is happening on screen. When I first left the 'sacred land', I must have just stood there for a good couple of minutes taking it all in before being attacked by a bloody Thunderhawk! :lol: Took frigging ages to kill, a stark contrast to later in the game when I was nailing them left, right and centre: lol: I have to admit, I've not heard anything about a further DLC but if there is one, I'm buying it with immediate effect! ;)

I feel shameful admitting this, but I don't know what Toobin' even is! :O

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 06 Mar 2018, 16:35

I'm playing Xenoverse 2 again. I've only played it a few times before, never getting further than Raditz. I've crushed him, but just haven't progressed more because of the training opportunities that keep popping up. :D Besides, FighterZ has been commandeering my attention. lol But now I think I can concentrate on it. The female Majins have a short Stamina Break period, shorter than any other race. So, if I use Kaioken wth one, I should be in good shape. I'll need Krillin to fork over Rise to Action again though so I can maintain a steady Max Stamina Defense Boost. He's the only instructor I've ever completed training with. lol Time for me to up my game.

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 06 Mar 2018, 16:43

[mention=21954]Emotive[/mention] you got dlc 6 ?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 06 Mar 2018, 17:05

I have Extra Pack 1 and all of the previous DLC, but not the latest one.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 06 Mar 2018, 23:35

Naruto ninja storm baruto beat ninetails yeah madara

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 07 Mar 2018, 02:29

Instead of making a blast-type CaC for Xenoverse 2, I'm making a balanced-type Saiyan male. I've never had a Xenoverse balanced-type before, so this should be interesting.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 07 Mar 2018, 03:25

Gonna play Bloodborne tomorrow

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 07 Mar 2018, 04:18

toshioa wrote:Haha, so true, the scenery and overall feel of the game can definitely distract you from what is happening on screen. When I first left the 'sacred land', I must have just stood there for a good couple of minutes taking it all in before being attacked by a bloody Thunderhawk! :lol: Took frigging ages to kill, a stark contrast to later in the game when I was nailing them left, right and centre: lol: I have to admit, I've not heard anything about a further DLC but if there is one, I'm buying it with immediate effect! ;)

I feel shameful admitting this, but I don't know what Toobin' even is! :O

Say what? You don't know of the holy legend of Toobin'? Now I'm sure I'm going to have one of those 'feeling old' moments. An arcade and Atari classic. Better than falling down a river in person.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50083[/ATTACH]

[mention=717]PharaohAtem[/mention] I imagine everyone and their dog will be playing Bloodborne this week with the community event Return to Yharnam being restored. No better time to dive in if you've never played a Souls game before, as there will be plenty of assistance online to help overcome the difficult enemies. (And probably a few hijinks too). Might use PS Plus as an excuse to finish collecting the rest of the bolts in Ratchet & Clank too.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

King Jackman
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by King Jackman » 07 Mar 2018, 17:22

[mention=21954]Emotive[/mention] I'm really enjoying it at the moment. I've got so many parralel quests to do because I tried to do all of the trainers and everything else first xD just starting doing the pqs online now

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 07 Mar 2018, 19:05

Jackman wrote:[mention=21954]Emotive[/mention] I'm really enjoying it at the moment. I've got so many parralel quests to do because I tried to do all of the trainers and everything else first xD just starting doing the pqs online now
So am I. :D Our wifi sucks arse though because it's too slow for online play. >.> Still, the game's a 10 in my eyes. I've finished up with Krillin, have Piccolo as my Instructor, got evaluated by Yamcha, and got Tien's Volleyball Fist and Dodon Ray. I've only completed the tutorial PQ so far and haven't done any story quests after the Raditz one. I also passed the Class Advancement Test and now am up to Easy. I've got Eis Shenron's Super Soul. It's pretty handy actually. Now I'm trying to do the Challenges for more TP Medals. ^.^

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 07 Mar 2018, 19:35

I have one more character to unlock on DW9....XD
Thankfully Sima Zhao's story goes right to the end of the Jin Dynasty so I know I will definitely get the last one

Once that's done I will just whore out the rest of the achievements lol
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 07 Mar 2018, 19:40

Well I am an achievement whore lol
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium