What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 16 Jul 2020, 07:30

FiLtHyRoSe wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 22:50
Ah! That's a pity actually the game actually looked really good and the concept of combat were interesting - I was think of picking this one up but I'm getting ''Trials of Cold Steel'' vibes from it. Note a big fan of the Trails games anymore - too much going on...

I stuck with the game for another 2 chapters and now I'm getting in to it. The first 2 chapters are proper slow burn with VERY little combat and you spend most of your time talking to people and casually playing a dating sim than anything else BUT if you can get past this to chapter 3 and beyond, it gets a lot more interesting and the combat really kicks in. I wont say too much more as I don't want to spoil it but it's definitely been a case of 'don't judge a book by its cover' or in this case 'don't judge a game by it's first chapter or two' :lol: I'm on chapter 4 now and I now believe I can complete the game ;)

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 16 Jul 2020, 12:47

I just blasted through pokemon shield. I caught the wolf legendary and am now doing a few of the raids but I dont quite get what the difference in reward from a 5 star vs a 4 star is. Is it just more xp? Are the pokemon that come from raids stronger? What about hidden abilities? I'm sure I'll find this out over the next few days and then probably put the game down again as I can't say I'm a fan of many of the pokemon designs anymore (I hate pokemon that have human objects).
It's the most use I've got out of my switch in a long time as I really only played a bit of Mario Kart and then some Ring Fit every now and again. Is it just me or is there a bit of a lack of top tier games for it?

~Biggkenny~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 16 Jul 2020, 12:51

Biggkenny wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:47
I just blasted through pokemon shield. I caught the wolf legendary and am now doing a few of the raids but I dont quite get what the difference in reward from a 5 star vs a 4 star is. Is it just more xp? Are the pokemon that come from raids stronger? What about hidden abilities? I'm sure I'll find this out over the next few days and then probably put the game down again as I can't say I'm a fan of many of the pokemon designs anymore (I hate pokemon that have human objects).
It's the most use I've got out of my switch in a long time as I really only played a bit of Mario Kart and then some Ring Fit every now and again. Is it just me or is there a bit of a lack of top tier games for it?
Ive just started Pokémon Sword this week, it’s a lot of fun isn’t it?
I do wish there were some more good games on it, there’s some great ones but I’m already at the point of “is there really anything else I want?”
Probably doesn’t help we’re about due to start hearing about a new Mario or Zelda game but they’ve been silent
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 16 Jul 2020, 14:00

GraceMellody wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 12:51
Honestly I wasn't enjoying it at first but I really got into it. It feels weird of saying this but I really kind of got into the story of it and I ended up with some weird feeling at times.
The champion is a really charismatic guy, people respect and look up to him, he does a really good job of being the champion (keeping everyone entertained and also safe).
Your rival is his brother, and really wants to be as good as him or better one day. He tries his best and when he loses he figures he must have some issues that he needs to sort out. He tries different things until he becomes really strong. I appreicate the effort this guy puts in and he deserves to do well.
Then there's the player, me. I dont say much, I'm just really good at battling. I become an obstacle for my rival that he needs to pass before he can attempt his true goal, but I stop that from happening by never giving him the chance to compete against his brother. I beat the champion and become the new champion. I cant help but feel my character is not fit for the role he plays. He's not experienced enough and definitely not charismatic enough to have the same impact. He doesn't try to share his positive ideals with the world, he just reacts to issues and resolves them.

I started intentionally not using my single best pokemon in the battles against these guys as I felt like I needed to pretend I was trying hard so that their inevitible loss wouldnt seem as bad and they wouldnt look so much worse than me. I felt like if I was in my characters shoes, I would have liked to let my rival go ahead of me and get a chance against the champion. I felt that it was improper to compete for the champion title as in Galar its more than just a medal for being the best.

I'm not an RPer so these thoughts really caught me off guard. I don't know why pokemon of all things make me think about morality of winning.

GraceMellody wrote:
I do wish there were some more good games on it, there’s some great ones but I’m already at the point of “is there really anything else I want?”
Probably doesn’t help we’re about due to start hearing about a new Mario or Zelda game but they’ve been silent
I'm not a Mario fan and I havent actually played Breath of the Wild yet (I need to borrow off my brother in 2 weeks). I feel like I want another IP I can get behind as the only nintendo game I really played was Pokemon.

~Biggkenny~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 16 Jul 2020, 19:43

Biggkenny wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 14:00
GraceMellody wrote:
Honestly I wasn't enjoying it at first but I really got into it. It feels weird of saying this but I really kind of got into the story of it and I ended up with some weird feeling at times.
The champion is a really charismatic guy, people respect and look up to him, he does a really good job of being the champion (keeping everyone entertained and also safe).
Your rival is his brother, and really wants to be as good as him or better one day. He tries his best and when he loses he figures he must have some issues that he needs to sort out. He tries different things until he becomes really strong. I appreicate the effort this guy puts in and he deserves to do well.
Then there's the player, me. I dont say much, I'm just really good at battling. I become an obstacle for my rival that he needs to pass before he can attempt his true goal, but I stop that from happening by never giving him the chance to compete against his brother. I beat the champion and become the new champion. I cant help but feel my character is not fit for the role he plays. He's not experienced enough and definitely not charismatic enough to have the same impact. He doesn't try to share his positive ideals with the world, he just reacts to issues and resolves them.

I started intentionally not using my single best pokemon in the battles against these guys as I felt like I needed to pretend I was trying hard so that their inevitible loss wouldnt seem as bad and they wouldnt look so much worse than me. I felt like if I was in my characters shoes, I would have liked to let my rival go ahead of me and get a chance against the champion. I felt that it was improper to compete for the champion title as in Galar its more than just a medal for being the best.

I'm not an RPer so these thoughts really caught me off guard. I don't know why pokemon of all things make me think about morality of winning.

GraceMellody wrote:
I'm not a Mario fan and I havent actually played Breath of the Wild yet (I need to borrow off my brother in 2 weeks). I feel like I want another IP I can get behind as the only nintendo game I really played was Pokemon.
Actually yeah, I do fully agree with "feeling in the character's shoes". I've always felt in the original games that I was the trainer and felt the connection to the POKEMON, but I never really felt that much connection to the other humanoid characters, whereas with this game I do find myself really attached to them.
I would like for them to introduce a new IP. Splatoon was a great, fresh (no pun intended) new breath of air for Nintendo, and I hope they continue to bring in some new IPs every so often
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 Jul 2020, 19:17

story of seasons: friends of mineral town

winding down on it, have almost everything i could get

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 22 Jul 2020, 19:30

Lolin wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 19:17
story of seasons: friends of mineral town

winding down on it, have almost everything i could get

Now you'll have to play Doraemon Story of Seasons.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 Jul 2020, 19:40

if i actually knew a thing about doraemon i probably would

i just know he's a round cat and there's hijinks

Citizen
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
United States of America

Post by Citizen » 22 Jul 2020, 20:03

That's legit about all there is to know.

Well that and he's a time traveling robot round cat.

King Jackman
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by King Jackman » 22 Jul 2020, 20:38

Kai wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 09:20
Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris on Steam. it has a few issues that really need to be fixed ASAP but it's absolutely incredible for the shoestring budget it was developed on
is it worth getting then? How much is it?

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 24 Jul 2020, 12:30

Jackman wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 20:38
Kai wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 09:20
Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris on Steam. it has a few issues that really need to be fixed ASAP but it's absolutely incredible for the shoestring budget it was developed on
is it worth getting then? How much is it?
£40 standard/£75 deluxe on Steam (+£10 extra on PS4 and XBOX One). it had a rough launch and Chapter 1 is a real snooze fest, especially if you've already watched the Human Realm arc of Alicization or Light Novels v9-14, but it picks up from chapter 2 and that's where the original story begins, centering around new character, Medina Orthinanos with some elements of the story also featuring Alice Synthesis Thirty. There's also story co-op, but it had progress-breaking issues prior to the v1.03 patch update.

I'd say it's worth it if you have a competent mid-range or better PC, otherwise you should wait if you have a fairly low-end PC or consoles as the performance isn't great on them.
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

lucas.asiq
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lucas.asiq » 24 Jul 2020, 22:51

Playing some God Eater 3 on pc. I wish I was playing Monster Hunter instead lol, but the game improved a lot compared to the first 2. Also have DQXI and Baldur's gate Enhanced edition on the backlog to play soon after. On Switch I'm playing Astral Chain.

Wolvenessence
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Wolvenessence » 26 Jul 2020, 13:38

I have to plug in and set up my PS4 again, since we got rid of cable a while ago and didn't have time to set it all back up to our television ( My sister and I ). I'll play Lost Ember once more~ ❤🐺

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 28 Jul 2020, 09:21

On the FINAL chapter of Sakura Wars at long last :lol:

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by softnlil » 28 Jul 2020, 10:04

My gaming update list:

Dead by Daylight - I'm finally getting back into gaining Dead By Daylight, especially now that I'm getting my bf in to it too. I've seriously missed this game and I'm glad to be giving my bf my old copy once I get the nightmare edition for my bday on Sunday. He wants to get into it so much that he's gonna buy DLC packs for the PS4 and then the PC ver when I get my pc so we can stream it together :3 definitely buying a fuck tonne of DLC packs in September so I can level up my survivors

Kingdom Hearts 3 - getting back into KH since i made a new psn account. i also bought kh3 remind so i definitely need to play that at some point too! need to complete the previous KH games

FFXV - same as above, just playing it again because i love the game

Minecraft Dungeons - currently grinding since we need to beat the boss on Apocalyptic mode so we can get the platinum trophy on ps4 and complete the game ready for the dlcs

Dead Island 1& 2 - beat 1 but never got 100% of collectibles so will go back and do that. practically completed 2 but getting all collectibles before we finish the game. may try and platinum these once we've finished since the trophies are pretty easy

The Forest - literally just fucking around and seeing how long we can survive xD our third file is going pretty good, we have building destruction on so that's fun xD

ACNH - been addicted ever since it was released, been playing daily even though i reset my island. finally got terraforming again so i'm starting to make my island into my fairy forest dreams :3 got some cute ass villagers (got Bluebear who is my baby) so gotta spend hours finishing that (only done my entrance so far xD)
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵