What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by Emotive » 06 Feb 2018, 03:14

Pretty self-explanatory. I'm just curious as to who's playing what and how far you've gotten story-wise.

Right now I'm playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse (1st one) since I never finished it. Then I plan on starting the 2nd one. I've just finished the Android Saga and now I've got some Paralel Quests to do.

What I switch to when I'm not playing Xenoverse is a toss up between DmC Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy X from the FF X / X-2 HD Remaster. In DmC I've upgraded all of Rebellion's attacks/techniques and am working on Osiris. I've yet to do Mission 03 though, but I like being prepared. Mission Select is very handy for the purpose of accruing Red Orbs and Upgrade Points. Image

How about all of you? What're you playing?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by PharaohAtem » 06 Feb 2018, 05:26

Assassins creed origins. I’m currently at the pyramids of Giza. It’s the first creed game I’ve played on the ps4 but I love it. Killing people isn’t always easy and missing jumps isn’t very nice since I’ve died doing that even while riding my horse. There’s such a large map I wonder if it ever ends

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 06 Feb 2018, 07:30

Yeah, the map is pretty friggin' huge. I'm still at Siwa at the beginning though, so I haven't had the problem with jumps(yet!).

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 09 Feb 2018, 04:52

I could mention an amount probably in the double figures of games I'm currently in the middle of in terms of open world games. Horizon, MGSV, Fallout 4, AC Syndicate (yes I'm behind) and FFXV just to name a few. In Final Fantasy I'm near the end after the train based chapters.

I'm also regularly on Dragonball FighterZ and having finished the story, I'm going through the Snakeway arcade ladder. A little Cuphead now and again and a few races with mates on GT Sport (will someone nuke that Nurburgerkingring track from orbit?)
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 09 Feb 2018, 09:04

Double figures? Daaayyum! I could never have my attention span that widespread. o.o;

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 10 Feb 2018, 04:36

That's the issue I have with open worlds. Too busy trying to do all the side quests and collectibles. It was easier a decade ago when the only main games to worry about were Elder Scrolls and Fallout. I finish most of the linear games okay, but end up going back to them as I enjoyed them so much, which clearly doesn't help...

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Feb 2018, 04:55

At least you're getting the most out of your games. I like to also. I'm SO grateful for Mission Select in DmC DE. Makes things easier. :D

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 10 Feb 2018, 05:04

Ah yes, was just about to say that. I tend to agree. Mission modes are much easier to get through, plus they afford you proper times to rest so you're not searching across maps for several hours. I did a few back-to-back gaming marathons over the last few years (one on each console of PS3/ X360), and two of my favourites to play together were the Devil May Cry series and the Gears of War series. Could just do a mission in one, then jump to the other and do a mission in that. Bish bash hack 'n' slash.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Feb 2018, 16:03

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Ah yes, was just about to say that. I tend to agree. Mission modes are much easier to get through, plus they afford you proper times to rest so you're not searching across maps for several hours. I did a few back-to-back gaming marathons over the last few years (one on each console of PS3/ X360), and two of my favourites to play together were the Devil May Cry series and the Gears of War series. Could just do a mission in one, then jump to the other and do a mission in that. Bish bash hack 'n' slash.
Nice. I apparently stick to one game and have the most fun out of it over and over again. lol I've got more time than I know what to do with. ^.^;

Also, I deleted my Vergil's sava file so I can get Yamato' demon and angel forms earlier. (I'm playing Vergil's Downfall in the DmC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition. The Health Crosses, Health Cross Fragments, and Lost Souls are in different locations than they were in the PS3 DLC.)

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 12 Feb 2018, 04:10

Going for the 100% in the Warriors Orochi series in preparation for Dynasty Warriors 9 coming out this weekend.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 12 Feb 2018, 12:07

What's Warrior Orochi?

Still trying to get some Upgrade Points for Vergil to be ready for Mission 2. Actually I might go ahead and do that one. It's on Human mode, so they should be weak. ^.^

Hypnoticx
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Hypnoticx » 12 Feb 2018, 13:26

Currently Life is Strange, I'm in episode 4 and really loving the story so much emotion and lovely style very interesting story. I adore options too. So been playing batman and tales from the borderlands, telltale games too x
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 12 Feb 2018, 20:11

Hypnoticx wrote:Currently Life is Strange, I'm in episode 4 and really loving the story so much emotion and lovely style very interesting story. I adore options too. So been playing batman and tales from the borderlands, telltale games too x
I've seen my friends on the PS4 playing that. I should give it a try sometime. ^.^ I tried Borderlands, but I sucked at shooting. :(

About to Remote Play Vergil's Downfall on DmC Definitive Edition.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 13 Feb 2018, 05:41

Hypnoticx wrote:Currently Life is Strange, I'm in episode 4 and really loving the story so much emotion and lovely style very interesting story. I adore options too. So been playing batman and tales from the borderlands, telltale games too x

Telltale games are fun, but Life Is Strange is possibly the best episodic game I've played until Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out. Didn't think I'd enjoy it without any action gameplay, but it's got a gripping choose your adventure narrative. Gotta catch up on the Before the Storm episodes as a bonus one comes out in March.

[mention=21954]Nephilim Vergil[/mention] - yeah, the earlier missions in most DmC's weren't too difficult so you never needed to level up that much. I usually found a pattern of there being a pain in the ass boss halfway through each game (and with the Onimusha games too) that you either had to backtrack and level up with points to get past or find a weapon somewhere that could the job without the grinding.

Warriors Orochi was a spinoff series of Dynasty Warriors that was essentially a crossover with Samurai Warriors (and later on in the series with other Koei Tecmo games, such as Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur and even Joan of Arc from Bladestorm). I've been addicted to the series for well over a decade now. It's supposed to be getting a Switch port at some point, which may be one of the games I buy again just to have a handheld version of.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 Feb 2018, 08:41

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Telltale games are fun, but Life Is Strange is possibly the best episodic game I've played until Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out. Didn't think I'd enjoy it without any action gameplay, but it's got a gripping choose your adventure narrative. Gotta catch up on the Before the Storm episodes as a bonus one comes out in March.

[mention=21954]Nephilim Vergil[/mention] - yeah, the earlier missions in most DmC's weren't too difficult so you never needed to level up that much. I usually found a pattern of there being a pain in the ass boss halfway through each game (and with the Onimusha games too) that you either had to backtrack and level up with points to get past or find a weapon somewhere that could the job without the grinding.

Warriors Orochi was a spinoff series of Dynasty Warriors that was essentially a crossover with Samurai Warriors (and later on in the series with other Koei Tecmo games, such as Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur and even Joan of Arc from Bladestorm). I've been addicted to the series for well over a decade now. It's supposed to be getting a Switch port at some point, which may be one of the games I buy again just to have a handheld version of.
Dragon Ball FighterZ got here today! So I've been practicing in... Practice. lol And the tutorials are nice to do too. Now I'm taking a break though with DmC again. Vergil's Downfall only has 6 Missions, but daaaaamn there's a lot of demons to fight!!! I can't WAIT till I unlock his Bloody Palace!!! :D Also, I think I'll get back to FighterZ. It doesn't say it on the game case, but it's Remote Play compatible. ^.^ They really should've put that on there. /: