What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 02 Nov 2020, 15:54

Mr Skelebaul wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 22:42
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 17:28
Mr Skelebaul wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 00:04
I've hit chapter 9 in Yakuza 0 and I recently started Dragons Dogma again, see if I can actually complete it this time around.
Are the Yakuza games worth playing? Two of em are on Game Pass right now I'll need something to play once I've finished with Witcher 3 and Neir: Automata

Definitely worth playing. Everything is fantastic about Y0 so far.

Only issue is. The only Yakuza games on PC are Y0/1/2 and 7. There's been no news yet of ports of the rest of the series. But I don't see them 3/4/5/6 out. But it would be nice if they actually communicated what they planned on doing with those games.

Awesome 👍 I'll check em out
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 02 Nov 2020, 19:48

I have Yakuza 0 on steam when sega was doing their anniversary sale

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Nov 2020, 19:52

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 13:03
Got the Amnesia bundle on switch, might start playing those
So what kind of games are those? If it's zombies I won't be able to do it. lol Those scare me too much. Kinda sad, I know.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2020, 20:46

Emotive wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 19:52
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
So what kind of games are those? If it's zombies I won't be able to do it. lol Those scare me too much. Kinda sad, I know.

Wellll... not exactly zombies, to be fair I don't know what the hell they are but I call them face monsters XD they are survival horror games! In the first one you wake up in some sort of castle or maybe mansion and he doesn't really remember what has happened but through a trail of letters he finds out he needs to seek someone deep within said location. But there are creepy monsters around and you have no weapons and to top it all off he basically craps himself whenever he finds himself in the dark (ideal! not...) ok... he doesn't crap himself, he becomes less sane which is a running theme across all the three games.

I don't know a lot about Justine and Machine for pigs (the 2 successors to The Dark Descent- the first game) but from what I understand Justine is a stand alone and isn't really a sequel??? Machine for Pigs is the actual sequel I believe but others may need to correct me on that one!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 02 Nov 2020, 20:47

Emotive wrote:
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

They're the hide and seek kind of games. Think outlast. I dont really know about the second and third game, because the second aint that great and theres not much talk about the third. But here's a spooky lad from the first game.

Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Nov 2020, 20:55

Mr Skelebaul wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 20:47
Emotive wrote:
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

They're the hide and seek kind of games. Think outlast. I dont really know about the second and third game, because the second aint that great and theres not much talk about the third. But here's a spooky lad from the first game.

Definitely the type that's like an impasse when it comes to me being able to get too far in a game. lol Creeps me out to the point I can't play it anymore. XD It's disappointing too that games can do that for me. lol I'd love to play some Resident Evil or Silent Hill without having that happen. >< Some people aren't meant for horror I guess? Looks kewl though. The poor guy's got a big mouth too from the looks of it. lol

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 02 Nov 2020, 20:57

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 20:46
Emotive wrote:
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

I don't know a lot about Justine and Machine for pigs (the 2 successors to The Dark Descent- the first game) but from what I understand Justine is a stand alone and isn't really a sequel??? Machine for Pigs is the actual sequel I believe but others may need to correct me on that one! 

Justine is more of a side story/addon to the first game included with it and is pretty much standalone. Short and sweet.

AMFP is pretty much the same deal because it's made by a different studio (The guys who did Dear Esther).

AFAIK, Justine is pretty good for what it is. But the same cant really be said about AMFP.

AMFP pretty much just does away with all the things that made Amnesia good. No sanity system, no resource management (Sanity items, health items, lantern oil), uninspired enemy design. Not sure on the story. You can pretty much safely skip AMFP, you're not missing much.

The new one: Rebith is apparently pretty good, but it has same minor issues. Namely the sanity effects aren't as good, mostly just being jumpscares. A decent followup game.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 02 Nov 2020, 21:10

Emotive wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 20:55
Mr Skelebaul wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 20:47
Emotive wrote:

Definitely the type that's like an impasse when it comes to me being able to get too far in a game. lol Creeps me out to the point I can't play it anymore. XD It's disappointing too that games can do that for me. lol I'd love to play some Resident Evil or Silent Hill without having that happen. >< Some people aren't meant for horror I guess? Looks kewl though. The poor guy's got a big mouth too from the looks of it. lol 

Yeah, Horror isn't for everyone. Some can take it and be unaffected, like myself. Others cant go a second past the title screen without being traumatised for life (Like I used to be lmao)

I for one love it. Although my favourite kind of horror (Meta Horror, think Imscared and DokiDoki where the games actively fuck with the 4th wall and the player directly) is really hard to make and come by.

As for the spookyboy (Gatherer) yeah, IIRC the backstory is that they're people that served under the games Antagonist and they were horribly experimented on and twisted into those mindless grunts. Their other varient is a little more grotesque

Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Nov 2020, 21:15

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
Emotive wrote:
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

Wellll... not exactly zombies, to be fair I don't know what the hell they are but I call them face monsters XD they are survival horror games! In the first one you wake up in some sort of castle or maybe mansion and he doesn't really remember what has happened but through a trail of letters he finds out he needs to seek someone deep within said location. But there are creepy monsters around and you have no weapons and to top it all off he basically craps himself whenever he finds himself in the dark (ideal! not...) ok... he doesn't crap himself, he becomes less sane which is a running theme across all the three games.

That sounds like something that might get me to acclimatize to the undead game-wise. Or creepy dark things anyway. lol I'm not really sure what to call them. Sanity testers!! XD idk I might actually try it out. I'll have a look for one of them. As a beginner for the series which would you suggest to play first out of the installments?

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 02 Nov 2020, 21:38

Emotive wrote:
02 Nov 2020, 21:15
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
Emotive wrote:

That sounds like something that might get me to acclimatize to the undead game-wise. Or creepy dark things anyway. lol I'm not really sure what to call them. Sanity testers!! XD idk I might actually try it out. I'll have a look for one of them. As a beginner for the series which would you suggest to play first out of the installments?

Probably just play them in order.

Or better yet, try SOMA. It's by the same people, but it's not quite as heavy on the horror and there's no sanity to manage. It's much simpler. Still has monsters but I wouldn't say the game is as intense as Amnesia.
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Nov 2020, 21:50

I'll put SOMA in my PS Store Wishlist right now cuz I'm still not sure if I want to conquer that fear just yet. lol Wish I wasn't so scared by those kinds of games. I do want to conquer it at some point tho so I'll get either it or something like it. Thanks for the info and advice ^^

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Nov 2020, 22:09

Yeah I agree, you are better off playing them in order, although by the sounds of it Dark Descent is the best out of the three

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 03 Nov 2020, 15:54

A workmate was talking about the Amnesia games. I guess I'll add them to the ever growing list of games I need to play but have no time for lol
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 03 Nov 2020, 19:55

Oof. That's gotta sting. :( That's a Greek tragedy right there. My condolences.

btw in FF XIII I've got 61 Fortisol and 99 Deceptisol but still trying for 99 Fortisol by running around from the Sacrarium to the Oblatorium. Never know when I'll need to use 'em so why not? They're common enough. lol For now anyway, pre-crystarium.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 04 Nov 2020, 19:10

ULTRAKILL!
Mark my words
They will be gone
They've moved along
We'll meet again