What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 11 Sep 2020, 17:58

Went back to playing Death End Request 2. On chapter 10 and was completely blown away from the lore drop in chapter 9

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Sep 2020, 20:36

Currently downloading The Letter and by the looks of it, its going to make me pee my pants so lol wish me luck

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 Sep 2020, 18:51

So I generally dislike mobile games other than Pokémon Go which I dip in and out of I never play them. However I have found one that's really good imo, it's called Sky, an absolute gem I stumbled across which has some beautiful graphics and art style. Highly recommended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Sep 2020, 13:34

Finished the first Spyro. Just started the second one now, only on my 3rd talisman so far.

Lauren
VG mod

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 17 Sep 2020, 16:53

Just started Sekiro so far this game is great
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 17 Sep 2020, 21:23

Last edited by lambda-sky on 27 Feb 2021, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 17 Sep 2020, 22:29

lambda-sky wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 21:23
Currently playing Forza 7.
I used to play a lot of Gran Turismo 4 on PS2, it's amazing how far games have come in the past 15 years.

Racing games are fun because going round lap after lap you enter a state of flow and every corner can be done slightly better than last time. It's a zen-like endless pursuit of perfection.

My favourite track is Prague. It's such a pretty city and the esses at the end are really cool when you get them right without slamming into the walls and fly past the pussies who braked too hard Image
  Spoiler:  
Forza Motorsport 7 17_09_2020 21_54_23.gif
the only racing games i really got into were the first two Gran Turismo on the PlayStation and a couple of the Burnout and Need For Speed games on the PS2 and GameCube I've not touched one in nearly 20 years lol. i agree about the flow state you mentioned though, i remember playing the same race over and over trying to perfect lap times etc on all the racing games I played back then. 
i should give forza a try see if i can get back into that groove :)

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 18 Sep 2020, 13:50

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 22:29
i agree about the flow state you mentioned though, i remember playing the same race over and over trying to perfect lap times etc on all the racing games I played back then. 
Yeah it's pretty addictive isn't it. :)

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 22:29
the only racing games i really got into were the first two Gran Turismo on the PlayStation and a couple of the Burnout and Need For Speed games on the PS2 and GameCube I've not touched one in nearly 20 years lol.
The early Need for Speed games used to really annoy me. Because once the computer cars were off the map they just ran at a constant speed. So it was actually easier to win with a car slightly slower than the others, because they would always be near you and forced to brake for the same corners you do. If you had a car that was too fast then every time you slow down for a hairpin or something, the other cars would fly past you at 200mph because they didn't have to brake while they weren't visible on the screen. :rage:

The tyres also had no grip going sidways. Probably to make it easier to drift but you ended up with stupid situations where your 10ton garbage truck goes flying everytime a police car hits you from the side. Or if you accelerate too hard in a powerful rwd car from stationary you would actually go sideways instead of spinning round in circles like the Lord's physics demands.

On the other hand Gran Turismo could be a little too autistic with the physics sometimes. Like trying to steer round corkscrews like Laguna Seca or that fictional mountain track they had in GT4. Each tyre has a different level of grip which is constantly changing as you go up/down and left/right at the same time so one tiny mistake and you turn into a frisbee.

So yeah, I think Forza strikes a good balance between realistic physics but still fun to play. Although after 7 attempts maybe you would expect that. I haven't played any of the earlier ones because 7 is the first one available on PC.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 18 Sep 2020, 16:18

lambda-sky wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 21:23
Currently playing Forza 7.
I used to play a lot of Gran Turismo 4 on PS2, it's amazing how far games have come in the past 15 years.

Racing games are fun because going round lap after lap you enter a state of flow and every corner can be done slightly better than last time. It's a zen-like endless pursuit of perfection.

My favourite track is Prague. It's such a pretty city and the esses at the end are really cool when you get them right without slamming into the walls and fly past the pussies who braked too hard :roll:
  Spoiler:  
Forza Motorsport 7 17_09_2020 21_54_23.gif

I used to play Gran Turismo on PlayStation too. Also owned Forza 5 I think that was on playstation 3??? Cant remember XD Yeah other than that it has been a while since I properly sat down and played a racing game. I find a lot all the same tbh

Lauren
VG mod

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 21 Sep 2020, 08:32

Been replaying Mad Max, it's still as lovely as ever.

Also playing some Stronghold: Crusader. It's pretty much a casual age of empires

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 21 Sep 2020, 16:25

Moved onto the PS4. Picked up Persona 5 as it was on offer for 80% off for the ultimate edition for PS+ members

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 21 Sep 2020, 18:44

still playing Sekiro, it's really hard lol i wont give up until its completed though!!

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 21 Sep 2020, 18:53

hyrule warriors def edition

i'm close to finishing three adventure maps and one i've barely touched

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 21 Sep 2020, 20:13

Resident Evil Revelations, on the third episode

Lauren
VG mod

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 22 Sep 2020, 10:35

Gunna be playing some Witcher 3 and Bless Unleashed today :)