What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Aug 2018, 23:05

final fantasy something on my phone it's okay but I think I'll delete it computer or ps4 are so much better.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 11 Aug 2018, 21:46

PharaohAtem wrote:final fantasy something on my phone it's okay but I think I'll delete it computer or ps4 are so much better.

Is that the tower defence thing they made for phones, or an actual FF game? I'm not much of a fan of the spinoffs. Do enjoy playing the older FF games and other 2D RPGs on mobile though. Anything up to 7 which buggers up the battery with the overheating. Just a shame they're so hard to come by these days. That was even before the great rom purge began.

Impatiently waiting for We Happy Few to release when I get home, so I've been going through Complusion Games' last title, Contrast. They do their noir pretty nice. There's some strange progression, the first game to be Playstation 4 exclusive, then We Happy Few is multi-platform, and then the next game will be Xbox exclusive as they're one of Microsoft's new batch of studio buyouts.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 12 Aug 2018, 15:27

Final fantasy xv is what it’s called it looked okay but I didn’t like it.

Assassins creed origins I really hate boat battles and looking for ceaser with that woman is a pain I really hate her weapons

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 12 Aug 2018, 15:34

Atelier Rorona. I'm on assignment 4 and just bought success for it so I have the rest of the first year to finish various other tasks for the residents and my party members. hopefully I can get town popularity to 80% before the requests becomes harder and more time-consuming.
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Aug 2018, 23:12

Currently obsessed with Civilization 5 again.
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 13 Aug 2018, 00:00

Steamworld Dig 2. I do love a simple game that continues lore across sequels. I never manage to reach the bottom in time though. If I do, I haven't collected enough gold to get the four golden stars.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 13 Aug 2018, 10:14

Well I just bought Ray Gigant and Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy in the PlayStation sale on PS Vita so I'll probably download and give them a try this evening :D Other than that, smashed through Diablo 3 on Xbox One yesterday with a friend; trying to pound through the season :)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 13 Aug 2018, 10:46

I picked up Monster Hunter World yesterday cause it recently came out on PC. Only played a few hours so far, but it seems fun. Combat is a bit slow after playing Dark Souls 3 for 600+ hours, but plays well.

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 13 Aug 2018, 12:58

Blasting through Far Cry 5, so much fun :)

Baroness Fandom
Great Britain

Post by Baroness Fandom » 13 Aug 2018, 18:45

I am currently doing a play through of Paper Mario. Despite the fact that I got that game over 15 years ago I have yet to complete it, and I aim to rectify that.
Vampire Clan Joint Leader - Alcon 2018

Vampire Clan Leader - Alcon 2019 - Winning Clan of 2019

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 13 Aug 2018, 21:34

Baroness Fandom wrote:I am currently doing a play through of Paper Mario. Despite the fact that I got that game over 15 years ago I have yet to complete it, and I aim to rectify that.

That's definitely a series I need to complete too. Completed Thousand Year Door as I was obsessed with the RPG style. Also completed Super Paper Mario which was okay. The 3DS Sticker Star put me off a little, so may go back to the first instead.

Finally got around to playing We Happy Few. The story is fantastic as expected. Only the game feels a little short and quite buggy. I vote Nosey Old Lady for biggest villain of 2018. What a pain in the smile she is!

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Laniakea
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Laniakea » 14 Aug 2018, 11:58

Well since I have a lot of YouTube videos on my channel I usually play popular games as they give me a lot of views. Currently I play/record happy Wheels. People love to see hilarious moments from this game on YouTube channel.

P.S. In case you have channel record yourself playing this game, you will get tons of vies and subscribers as well :)
Anime or games? Why not both? Why not: Alchemy Little, powerlineio, kunker or templerun???

qchrollo
Ireland

Post by qchrollo » 14 Aug 2018, 20:19

I've been going through some visual novels like MGS2 and then MGS3. Most of the parts were pretty goofy and so the serious parts hits especially hard to me.
Gameplay wise for MGS2, the game becomes unbearable when you get to the part where you have to disarm the bombs. The section with the underwater part is awful as well. The story's good, abit too meta in MGS2 though, and you have to trudge through too much unfun gameplay.

"Truly we are Sons of Patriots!", seriously Kojima? Just kidding, he's pretty good. Wish he got rid of all the backtracking you have to do in those games though.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 14 Aug 2018, 22:28

I'm rubbish with stealth games in general, so disarming bombs is strangely the easier part for me. The naked Raiden part of MGS2 was the pain the in the naked arse, running around trying not to get towel whipped or shot.

Older games are definitely more prefable to watch people play on YouTube. I was one for watching horror games, but then got into playing them more instead as I didn't want the surprises or scares ruined, same with a lot of newer games and their lore. Happy Wheels is a good shout. Guaranteed a laugh every time.

Either way, I wouldn't play games like MGS like certain Youtubers with three letter names anyway. You either have fun with the game and ridicule yourself for absolutely bombing at the game, or you storm through it and offer some tips. Seems to work either way.

Welcome to all our new gamers showing off their gaming delights (or woes)! Gave We Happy Few a break as it's still being buggy and enemies aren't appearing, will wait to see if they fix it. I've moved to playing some Yakuza while I wait for the Shenmue Remasters to release.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Aug 2018, 01:25

Stelth games can be fun. I know the older assasins creed games I tried to steal weapons or stuff off of guards or other people as I walked by them. Sometimes I did it perfectly or I scewed up and got chased or killed. I love living on the danger side.