What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by DragonOfDojima » 15 May 2018, 12:12

i Main Ninja and Samurai

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 15 May 2018, 12:14

Ooo nice combo :D I main archer/bard at the moment but probably going to mix it up soon :)

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 15 May 2018, 12:17

Bard and monk are my secondary classes when im bored and go loot hunting i got a choice between 4 classes

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 15 May 2018, 12:31

I need to train some other classes truth be told and put some more time in to it :) I never even finished the MSQ if I'm honest :lol:

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 15 May 2018, 12:35

Its ok enjoy the story and you can go on mog station and buy you classes up to level 60

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 15 May 2018, 15:05

toshioa wrote:I'm tempted to pick a copy of this up myself! I love the Nep games and really enjoy them so it stands to reason I'd enjoy this too. Granted I don't have the VR headset but it's all good :) haha. How's it playing out so far? :)

Actually Compile Heart revised more of the game than was advertised by Idea Factory International. The VR isn't the only new change, the changed the combat system, the UI, the game now autosaves, even in dungeons right up to your exact spot in the dungeon, but you only get one save file now. Party members fully heal up after every battle, meaning that in battle, you're limited to only 4 recovery items per battle. Combos/Skills are no longer automatically learned upon level up, instead you have to buy them with credits. The way stats work is completely changed too. You get BP when you level up and clear challenges to apply bonuses to your stats with. The framerate has been nerfed to 30fps except for VR Events. I could mention more but 1. This could probably end up as a massive wall of text, and 2, I can't remember everything off by heart, and I still haven't unlocked/experienced the rest of the stuff for myself anyways.
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 15 May 2018, 15:33

NightmareHollow wrote:Actually Compile Heart revised more of the game than was advertised by Idea Factory International. The VR isn't the only new change, the changed the combat system, the UI, the game now autosaves, even in dungeons right up to your exact spot in the dungeon, but you only get one save file now. Party members fully heal up after every battle, meaning that in battle, you're limited to only 4 recovery items per battle. Combos/Skills are no longer automatically learned upon level up, instead you have to buy them with credits. The way stats work is completely changed too. You get BP when you level up and clear challenges to apply bonuses to your stats with. The framerate has been nerfed to 30fps except for VR Events. I could mention more but 1. This could probably end up as a massive wall of text, and 2, I can't remember everything off by heart, and I still haven't unlocked/experienced the rest of the stuff for myself anyways.

I see; that is a pretty BIG deviation from the other titles and certainly wasn't shown or perceived in any of their marketing. I am still really keen to give it a try though and it could well be very interesting indeed. There wasn't anything wrong with the mechanics in any of the other games but I guess they had to evolve and change sooner or later. The auto save and healing after battle certainly does make the game considerably easier! HP was one of the hardest things to factor on that game haha. Odd that they'd cap the fps though?? I'm guessing that's to accommodate the VR users??

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 May 2018, 19:57

I'm playing as a Majin in DB Xenoverse 2, and have Zarbon's Super Soul "H-How could he?!" that "Boosts Stamina recovery speed (S)". It's pretty nice for a Majin (I use a female for their VERY short stamina/guard break duration. Even the small boost is more than enough to keep up with a near-constant vanishing (ANNOYING!!!!) opponent. I'll post some videos ad screenshots soon. Plus, I've figured out how to switch the voice overs to english. ^^ Only from experiences with other games that had the option. :D

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 May 2018, 03:03

So went on a mission two levels higher then me took a few rounds but I finished it. In ac origins I really hate the shielding bearing ones that jump around they are the hardest to kill

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 May 2018, 11:12

I started Lulu over again. It's a good thing you can keep the transformations you get, or 'Awoken Skills'. Super Vegeta recovers muuuch more ki at the second level than Super Saiyan 3. Pretty tempting to use a Saiyan blaster because of it. :D I prefer the Saiyans over the Frieza-types tbh. Frieza-types have low health too, but not a lot of power. Not as much as a Saiyan anyway. Plus I'll be able to get the last two dragon balls easily this way. I've already got Time Skip/Molotov, and the two Supers you get first after you select the option, then Eis and Nouva Shenron's attacks, THEN Omega Shenron's attacks! Now I can't wish for any more attacks!! D: At least until Guru powers up the Dragon Balls again. If he does. x.X

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 17 May 2018, 09:42

been playing nidhog ii, worms WMD with friends. Two of the best multiplayers I've discovered recently.

I have fond memories of playing worms 1, 2 and armageddon back in the day. I was very concerned if they would've have messed with the formula too much since then but WMD felt like a blast from the past and great fun to play with mates in the cafe.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 18 May 2018, 08:02

Bought Albion Online last night on Steam (discounted at the moment to coincide with the Steam launch) played a couple hours so far and really enjoying it :)

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 19 May 2018, 04:53

Sdbillustrations wrote:been playing nidhog ii, worms WMD with friends. Two of the best multiplayers I've discovered recently.

I have fond memories of playing worms 1, 2 and armageddon back in the day. I was very concerned if they would've have messed with the formula too much since then but WMD felt like a blast from the past and great fun to play with mates in the cafe.

Agreed. The Worms series lost a beat when it went 3D, but they saw sense and went back to the 2D style with the classic humour the games were known for. Think I'm yet to try WMD as I only played the demo. Having finished Battlegrounds I should probably get on to it. I do wish they'd make a sequel or remaster of similar game Hogs Of War though...

I'm currently playing Bleed + Bleed 2. Fun little arcade 2D shooters. They're the femme fatale version of the MegaMan games for what The Giana Sisters were to the Mario games.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 20 May 2018, 10:58

Bought Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition yesterday...

Safe to say it's not leaving my Switch anytime soon...also not like I have it on the Wii U and 3DS either XD
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 22 May 2018, 21:50

Gonna have to start playing bloodborne.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage