What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by Sdbillustrations » 03 May 2018, 09:22

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Got back into Sleeping Dogs after I found a limited edition version with an artbook. Don't think I actually ever completed it. Either that or they added bits in to the remaster since the PS3 version...

[mention=100664]toshioa[/mention] that is exactly the same thing I was doing last year, just logging in to collect the free games to play later. Then the games tended to be ones I'd already bought, so I stopped my subscription. Came back this year because of Cuphead, then decided to get a three month subscription instead of rolling, so back to downloading freebies. MGS V is the big one this month, though I suspect everyone has it by now with the amount of times it has gone free. Streets of Rage trilogy is a great add, plus Vanquish is a neat Sega title as well.

Haha on the Eshop woes. Talking to someone who accidentally bought shovelware from it today, they made a good point. For all it's problems with selections of games on sale, Steam at least has begun to move on from the 'Greenlight' days of letting any old shovelware and tat on their front pages. Nintendo seems to have done that job for them instead. The EShop has turned into the new Steam Greenlight. So many non-games clogging up that place!

Sleeping Dogs is that got me back into gaming after a long break, I think the last game I completed before that was probably Super Mario Odessey which was last year i think.

Sleeping dogs is such a great game, especially if your a hong kong martial arts cop violent movie fan

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 03 May 2018, 09:24

Had a go at playing Rayman Legends, but at the moment I don't feel I can get that invested in any games while my focus is on catching up on some art commisions.

I have a one track mind with things haha its either drawing, gaming, comics, anime or movie. Can;t be all of the above.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 04 May 2018, 06:20

Definitely a Hong Kong cop fan from the Police Story days with Jackie Chan and Hard Boiled with Chow Yun Fat, so it definitely ticks the boxes there. Also enjoyed the True Crime series so it was always going to do well for me. That reminds me, I never did complete that Stranglehold game starring Chow on the X360. He sure did love his doves...

I like games like Streets of Rage and Rayman Legends being freebies, as it gives me a chance to get social once in a while with some online buds, catch up over a quick game rather than getting ultra competitive. My mind is the opposite though. I'm always trying to multitask so I'm easily distracted. I either complete them all in a day or none in a day... :shrug:

Had a quick speedthrough of Psychonauts again, seeing as it was going free on Twitch Prime. They keep drawing me back in...
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 05 May 2018, 01:42

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:You have extra lives Atem? Did you use the Konami Code to come back to full health?

It is indeed a dangerous but great sale. While Steam do good general sales, I find PSN to do a lot more of the indie and foreign games I'm into. I find XBox usually has a lack of proper sales (when they did have great ones in the 360 days), while Nintendo's Eshop is just a confusing mess, where you don't know what is on sale, and whether the sale is actually a sale...

Saying that, was instantly hooked, lined and sinkered back into the Streets of Rage trilogy thanks to it being free on XBox Live this month. Loving the mirror mode, a whole new way to play!
PSN also has Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X / X-2 HD Remaster (there's only a ONE-TIME use code for X-2 on the Vita that's the only way to get X-2, sooo... do NOT get the HD Remaster preowned (at least for the Vita since the platform version has both on it, including Eternal Calm and Last Mission; there's also a Data Transfer option that lets you upload your Vita saves on X to a "cloud" server [internet connection not needed] that you can access once you pair your Vita and PS4, so you can pretty much instantly switch from the Vita to the PS4 with the same save. It ISN'T automatic though, so you have to upload to the cloud on your PS4 each time, but that's to be expected. I should know because I have the PS$ & PS Vita versions, plus X-2 on my Vita because I bought it new and didn't even know you needed a code for X-2, so I got VERY lucky). You can only get FF VIII from the Vita's PS Store (or PS3, as I have it on both), but NOT on the PS4's PS Store. >.< It'd have to be remastered to be though, so I guess I can see why not. You can still get FF VII and IX from the PS Store on the PS4 though because they remastered those (unfortunately they nerf'd VII's dialogue though. >.>).

I love still having my PS3 in addition to my PS4 & PS Vita!!! lol i R spoiledz xD

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 05 May 2018, 04:12

It was quite clever how they tried to make the 3D Final Fantasy games playable on the go with the Vita, especially X. I'm hoping they'll get around to putting the PS1 versions of the FF games from 1-6 at some point, or at least Anthology. Those things are tough to find preowned and cost a fair chunk if you do.

I've kept my PS3 around (aside from a backlog of games) for the simple reason it's backwards compatible where the PS4 is not. Can usually trust it for the PS1 and PS2 games, so will usually buy the ones I don't have physically on the PS3 to free up space.

XBox's current sale isn't too bad either, a lot of add ons going cheap. Bagged the Season Pass for Sunset Overdrive, another title I'd never finished, so have started that from the beginning again.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Izzy
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Izzy » 05 May 2018, 04:16

I am currently playing Multiple characters on Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, and Dragon Age Inquisition. I have beaten all three previously but I wanted to do multiple plays of the games for the different World Building effects in each game. I've also created custom world buildings for them on the Dragon Age Keep. I'm playing them on Xbox 360 and PS4.

Besides the Dragon Age games I am also playing FFX and FFX-2, and FF 15. I'm not so far into 15 yet though. I keep getting distracted by Dragon Age.

Also playing Sword Art Online, FallOut 4, and Minecraft.

Play FFXIV? Need a Free Company? Join the Moonlight Warriors on the Jenova Server! PM for more Info!
Play ARK? Need a Tribe? Look for Reina on EU Server 836 on The Island!

Back in the Habit.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 05 May 2018, 14:30

Creed origins: back to siwa

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 05 May 2018, 14:40

does fortnite count ?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 08 May 2018, 03:20

Yes

Doing some side missions in AC: Origins and I kinda laughed when you see a bunch of jerks on horseback trying to hide behind a rock as if I didn't see them do it.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 08 May 2018, 04:48

Woooo!! I just had 3 scoops of VERY HOOOOOTTTTTTTTT coffee so I can stay up and play Xenoverse 2!! I have the Frieza-Type's Golden Form!!!!!!!! :D And Final Kamehameha, Super Black Kamehameha, Savage Strike, Aura Slide, Sudden Death Beam, Divine Lasso, Impulse Slash... and other attacks that I honestly can't keep track of right now. lol The AWESOME thing about Turn Golden?? You can use it even with a brand-new character!!! (F-Type only, of course) I also got Potential Unleashed which, let me tell you, it was NOT easy to get Z rank in all of the previous Advancement Tests. I'll try to post a screenshot of my Golden Shivur soon. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! :D :D :D It might be kind of selfish, but I think I've earned some me time for a while. ^^

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 10 May 2018, 14:12

I'm currently in drawing mode lately, as I'm taking on art commisions to raise some some for my upcoming wedding/honeymoon, because of that I haven't been in the biggest gaming mood.

When i'm in this mood I need something a little more casual or easier to jump in and out of, so I started playing Rayman Legends which is free this month. :)

Sdbillustrations
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Sdbillustrations » 10 May 2018, 14:19

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Definitely a Hong Kong cop fan from the Police Story days with Jackie Chan and Hard Boiled with Chow Yun Fat, so it definitely ticks the boxes there. Also enjoyed the True Crime series so it was always going to do well for me. That reminds me, I never did complete that Stranglehold game starring Chow on the X360. He sure did love his doves...

I like games like Streets of Rage and Rayman Legends being freebies, as it gives me a chance to get social once in a while with some online buds, catch up over a quick game rather than getting ultra competitive. My mind is the opposite though. I'm always trying to multitask so I'm easily distracted. I either complete them all in a day or none in a day... :shrug:

Had a quick speedthrough of Psychonauts again, seeing as it was going free on Twitch Prime. They keep drawing me back in...

I loved the 80's for Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fat movies. :)

I got really into John Woo Chow Yun Fat movies while at work weirdly, at lunch breaks I'd go to the video room and binge their martial arts vhs collection :D I discovered so many good movies this way like the a better tommorow 1 & 2.

I'm also a big fan of Donnie Yen and Iko Uwais :D

I'm still waiting for the raid 3 :(

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 11 May 2018, 11:13

Reignited my passion for Sword Art Online : Hollow Fragment last night and played for a couple hours solid :D Might actually complete that game some time soon :lol: Watch this space...

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 11 May 2018, 11:20

toshioa wrote:Reignited my passion for Sword Art Online : Hollow Fragment last night and played for a couple hours solid :D Might actually complete that game some time soon :lol: Watch this space...

That and Hollow Realization are so fun. I think I need a little shot at Hollow Fragment again soon. I want to see if I could ever max out the Sword Skill Masteries with Dual Wield and maybe 1 Handed Swords
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 11 May 2018, 11:25

NightmareHollow wrote:That and Hollow Realization are so fun. I think I need a little shot at Hollow Fragment again soon. I want to see if I could ever max out the Sword Skill Masteries with Dual Wield and maybe 1 Handed Swords

Hehe that they are! :) Dual wielding and 1HS were the first two masteries I maxed out on the game, followed closely by 2H Axes and shields :) I started maxing daggers last night for the heck of it but daggers are weak as!! :( I think I'm now on floor 83 so still got a long way to go to the top. Levelling just seems to take forever at the moment and I'm still trying to find a 'good spot'. I've smashed through as much of the Hollow World as I dare for the time being too...