What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by PharaohAtem » 03 Mar 2018, 01:35

I’m also playing the game theif

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 03 Mar 2018, 06:03

Considering you unlock almost 20 in one go in the second campaign of Luo Yang in DW9, and you do that three times for each faction, then you have the Jin dynasty and the 'other' generals, it's close to 100 characters to unlock. It will very likely go over 100 with DLC.

Bang some extra rubber on those analogue sticks I say. I got some cheap blue ones with studded grips on and they've been a blessing to my fingers. Then again, been so used to growing up with d-pad controls through MegaDrive, SNES, GB, GBA, Playstation and Sega Saturn that my thumbs could no longer feel pain in high school when I started playing the Gamecube...

I'm a classic Need For Speed fan over the modern games. The customisation put me off. The chase scenes must be great with modern graphics though. If they're anything like the Burnout games then they'll have many fans.

Played through some Demons Souls a bit more while saying goodbye to the servers. Definitely on my own with these bullies that we call bosses now.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

King Jackman
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by King Jackman » 03 Mar 2018, 06:39

Im playing ALOT of Xenoverse 2 at the moment. Absolutely loving it. Going to try and finish it this weekend and then play online with others on monday/tuesday

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 03 Mar 2018, 11:14

Emotive wrote:How many characters are there roughly?

A lot XD

But they are easy to unlock, just gotta finish the chapters as one character and whoever else you can select in that chapter will unlock once it's done

Most of the ones I need are like during the Jin Dynasty, which is basically towards the end and no one I've been has reached that far lol
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 03 Mar 2018, 19:02

xD

I've gone retro myself with Final Fantasy VIII. All of that Triple Triad playing really stoked the old FF VIII fires for me, so this'll be pretty damn awesome!!! :D Just started a new save, compliments the PS Classics store on my Vita. :D

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 03 Mar 2018, 19:13

I play ff stormblood on my pc

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 03 Mar 2018, 22:35

If we're talking classics, I've gone back to the Mark of Kri games to finally finish them. Never realised there was a prequel/ sequel all this time. Currently backtracking through the cantina after reaching the target. I enjoy it not being overtly stealth-based.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Itachi
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Itachi » 04 Mar 2018, 01:08

Back on GTA now and finally reached rank 100 after nearly 5 years since I had the game on the PS3 then PS4

a year later...

Before I was only just playing Destiny then D2 it was a good game but it just didn't feel

the same as the first one and not many people are active on it. :(

Need to get back on my SNES mini soon... lol

"Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail."

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 04 Mar 2018, 07:01

Congrats on the GTA achievement. It's a great feeling to play something like that for so long and not feel it's wasted when you reach a milestone. Don't forget to pick up your freebie you'll have unlocked.

Can't say much on Destiny 2 as I only played the original a couple of times and never touched the sequel, but I've rarely heard anything good about it. The devs made one botch after another, only saved because Star Wars Battlefront 2 performed worse. Even if it did do well though, it's been tough for any online multiplayer to survive while sandwiched between Overwatch and Call of Duty WWII over the past year.

Had Dynasty Warriors burnout earlier, so I've gone back to trying some One Piece Pirate Warriors, hopefully followed up with Fist of The North Star 2.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 04 Mar 2018, 18:43

Pokemon sun ultra just because

Itachi
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Itachi » 04 Mar 2018, 23:30

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Congrats on the GTA achievement. It's a great feeling to play something like that for so long and not feel it's wasted when you reach a milestone. Don't forget to pick up your freebie you'll have unlocked.

What freebie? all I got was a gold trophy for reaching rank 100 can't remember what's it called now but I have unlocked

the RPG and other few car mod staff etc... I know that there was an event for logging on between the 16th of Feb til 27th

if I remember you'll get around $200.000+ cash if I'm not wrong around that much of money.

I've completed all the heists so far and started doing the "Doomsday heist" now still got lots to do on the game...

I still enjoy GTA rockstar have made a success the game went over 4 years and still active keeping it alive with

activities, events, new cars, double RP etc....

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:Can't say much on Destiny 2 as I only played the original a couple of times and never touched the sequel, but I've rarely heard anything good about it.

Yeah I liked Destiny the game was good and they went further with the graphics on D2 alot to do on it like

the raids, missions, quest stories but it can be hard and frustrating in the Raids if your not sure what to do

with a team of 6 people.

Only one trophy away from platinum in D2 they made it easier than D1 I still went platinum on trophies in D1 hehe (I know some games I only play for trophies)...

"Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail."

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 05 Mar 2018, 00:07

I've gone more retro with Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors. I'm at Story 23 in the fight against Majin Vegeta. I've started a new game because I couldn't get Supreme Kai to give me "Super Saiyan 2nd" when I talk to him as Gohan after Kibito revives at the World Tournament. Sometimes he gives it out, sometimes he doesn't. So, from now on when I start LSW from scratch I'm just going to get 2nd and 3rd as rewards from battles from now on, which I already have from Trunks' Future Ex. Stories. I had to sacrifice Big Bang Attack, but Galick Gun will probably be better for the fight against Buu anyway. But you can fire it quicker given its low Card Cost (17 CC for 100% accuracy and 20 Beam Damage, or Destructo Disc for 85 accuracy and 25 Beam Damage - which I also have, but the accuracy is an issue versus even opponents with the same speed as your fighter, Big Bang Attack is 23 CC with 90 accuracy and 30 Beam Damage). I've got Goku's Teleport, so that's coming in handy. Especially since Final Flash can wipe Goku out with a single hit if he can't block it on his own. So, what do I do? Gather Power every two turns, dishing out a 4 Stage Attack (the one from the Power Menu, not from the deck) on the turn after, use Teleport from Goku's Limited Attacks in each Defense Phase. Keeping this up, I can gain CC and keep a solid Beam Defense... but Vegeta uses Cont. Kick too... I'll just soft reset if I lose. lol

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 05 Mar 2018, 03:27

Pokemon Ultra Sun cought some more legendaries including ho-oh which was annoying as hell by the time I cought it only had something like 2 more attacks left all it's other attacks were at zero. It's was stubborn.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 05 Mar 2018, 05:07

Juuza wrote:What freebie? all I got was a gold trophy for reaching rank 100 can't remember what's it called now but I have unlocked

the RPG and other few car mod staff etc... I know that there was an event for logging on between the 16th of Feb til 27th

if I remember you'll get around $200.000+ cash if I'm not wrong around that much of money.

I've completed all the heists so far and started doing the "Doomsday heist" now still got lots to do on the game...

I still enjoy GTA rockstar have made a success the game went over 4 years and still active keeping it alive with

activities, events, new cars, double RP etc....

The rocket launcher, yeah. It definitely does have a lot of staying power, even without the hundred of mods the pc version has had over the years. I've definitely enjoyed most of the races and the heists. Spent many a year just messing about with friends trying to find the biggest glitches in the open world map. Big vehicles and small spaces tend to be the most crazy. The tron bikes and the micro machines mini-games weren't bad either.

2013 - Starting off and doing missions.

2014 - Completing races, survivals and finding glitches.

2015 - Moving over to the next-gen version, heists and adversary modes.

2016 - Moving into offices, bunkers and stunt races

2017 - Hangers, flying cars and trying to survive satellite lasers.

Nice that they're still giving those 'tax rebates' too to keep people logging in. I'm intrigued on how they'll implement the free gun you had to unlock in GTA Online for Red Dead Redemption 2.

That is some tactival survival skills the Saiyans would be proud of [mention=21954]Emotive[/mention]. Nothing wrong with soft resets. I found I've done it mostly for Final Fantasy and the Warriors games over the years. Less rage quitting, more saving time to approach the fight from a different angle.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 05 Mar 2018, 07:43

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:That is some tactival survival skills the Saiyans would be proud of [mention=21954]Emotive[/mention]. Nothing wrong with soft resets. I found I've done it mostly for Final Fantasy and the Warriors games over the years. Less rage quitting, more saving time to approach the fight from a different angle.
If you lose even once and save afterwords, you fulfill the requirements to unlock a character(s) that you're trying to get, they won't unlock. Seems to be something the programmers never fixed. So, whenever you lose, if you soft reset instead of waiting for the "Continue?" screen, it renders the loss null. It's pretty sweet, seeing as to unlock the team skills Ult. Kamehameha (Goku & Gohan), V-Ball Crash (Gotenks & Piccolo), and of course Special Card that you get for beating the game without losing. To get Majin Vegeta you need to lose to him once as Goku (which can be done in a New Game+ as I've found out by trying it out) though, so you can't get it and the Majin prince in the same story playthrough. :( At least you can get him the second or more time around though. :D