Gaming Zone (GZ) Lounge

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Re: Video Game (VG) Lounge

Post by PharaohAtem » 01 Aug 2017, 12:36

I so loved Pokémon yellow it was nice to see the Pokémon beside you and then it didn't happen again till the new gold

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 01 Aug 2017, 14:35

Yah it was a nice touch. :)
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 21 Sep 2017, 20:23

October seems to have a lot of good games coming out really want to play Assasins Creed Origin looks good. I'm buying a play station 4 not sure which package I should get though.

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 22 Sep 2017, 09:34

Get the cheapest one - they never give you good games.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 22 Sep 2017, 20:57

What Moulders said. They'll end up trying to charge you for more anyway, plus they'll probably have another Creed out next year. Narrowly avoided those Easter eggs with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 23 Sep 2017, 02:03

Yeah that's true. I got the special addition god of war psp then the assigns creed vita both are failures in ways though the games I thought were decent

I'll probably not buy a package deal.

Gonzalez96
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gonzalez96 » 29 Dec 2017, 16:14

Hi

I have some video game tournament in mind I'm willing to post a thread through but I'm not sure if i'm allowed to do this without approval. Thought I'd post my thought here and if any of the staff here is OK with it, i'd be happy to post the thread here.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 29 Dec 2017, 20:29

Are we talking interactive tournaments with members playing against each other, or voting type tournaments for games, characters etc? I think both could be possible.

On that note, are we doing a best of 2017 series or lists? I'm happy to waffle on about those if that's dandy?

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Gonzalez96
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gonzalez96 » 29 Dec 2017, 20:41

It's sort of an Interactive Tournament, or a championship rather for a game. But in this one players don't need to be online to play each other, just put their name in and watch it go. Basically it's called on "Offline" League (I might record videos on this note). I'll probably make a thread to be posted here for discussion.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 29 Dec 2017, 20:58

The more information you can give us on your thought and ideas would be most welcome

Gonzalez96
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gonzalez96 » 29 Dec 2017, 22:58

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49287[/ATTACH]

I have recently started work on painting Itashas "Anime Cars" in the Creative Arts and Writing thread (Link here: showthread.php?116835-Gonzalez-s-Anime- ... s-to-life) ) and thought it would be good use them. And also due to the fact the this game i'm using has been one of the most popular Racing Simulators of all time.

I am thinking of doing an evaluation of running a racing championship series. This will only be a test for now to see If I can do something like this on a regular basis during my time here on the forum. This will be an "Offline League" so nobody needs to be online to take part. Just simply put your name down on whatever car you choose (I would prefer normal names but dosen't have to be your real name though) and watch it race. The program I will be using will be Nascar Racing 2003 Season. I might do some recording on Twitch depending on time.

I may also arrange a Skype Conversation during the races.

This would be a good intention for me to move on to possibly do an online tournament if it gets popular enough.

I'll also be happy to run some practice races so that everyone can understand more how this championship runs.

Cars:

These fantasy Anime Cars below will be the ones available to pick. The models of the cars are Generation 5 American Stock Cars. You can also pick a number you like for your car and you are always welcome to post your image of the number you like:
(This is not a complete list so I will be painting more cars with some via request) :

To see the cars, just open up the spoiler and click on the attachment link in it.

Spoiler:  
Clannad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48582[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Cardcaptor Sakura
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48581[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Doraemon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49122[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Toradora
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49025[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Astro Boy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48579[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Speed Racer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48580[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Death Note
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49285[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Initial D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49022[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Akira
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49012[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Yu-Gi-Oh GX
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49023[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Beyblade
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49109[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Ninja Hattori-Kun
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49176[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Gundam
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49161[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
One Piece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49177[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo (Kochikame)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49275[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Maya the Honey Bee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49211[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Dragon Ball
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49215[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Yu-Gi-Oh
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49216[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Sazae-San
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49277[/ATTACH]

Spoiler:  
Naruto
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49284[/ATTACH]

Number of Participants:

At least 15-20 and up to 42 drivers can take part. (Depending on Track Size)

Race Schedule:

As it's an evaluation season, I'll be looking at running up to 10 races. Here are the races I have in thought below:

1. Japan
2. USA
3. England
4. China
5. Germany
6. Brazil
7. Canada
8. Australia
9. Italy
10. Austria

Unknown depending on the number of cars. I have a couple of Points Systems I have in mind below:

1. 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1
2. 40-39-38-37-36-35-34-33-32-31-30-29-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14 13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Here is a print screen of the game i'll be using:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49288[/ATTACH]

Notice:

All the artwork for my cars and any use of work that depicts a brand I do not own shown are not intended to be used or sold commercially so any depictions of Anime characters and/or other work that are not designed by me should be credited to their respective owners. I would not use these artworks for commercial purposes without permission and/or credit with the respective owners.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 30 Dec 2017, 18:05

Wow. A lot of planning went into that. Huge props. So it's kinda like placing bets on cars and watching them go, but without money involved? That would be a good Twitch stream idea if you were willing to push it that far.

Dibs on the Dragonball car. That's a lovely shade of orange.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Gonzalez96
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gonzalez96 » 30 Dec 2017, 19:54

MrMincepieseeks wrote:Wow. A lot of planning went into that. Huge props. So it's kinda like placing bets on cars and watching them go, but without money involved? That would be a good Twitch stream idea if you were willing to push it that far.

Dibs on the Dragonball car. That's a lovely shade of orange.

Of course there is no money involved, just simply submit your entries (I'll post an entry form down soon) and whatever car you want I'll put your name down so that it can be ready to race. This is basically some sort of a virtual championship although depending on how popular this would be I'll try and push it to become online

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 31 Dec 2017, 00:04

Ok then, very cool. Throwing Smurph on a 28 out there (28 years old and 28 years since Dragonball Z tv series was created). Also, I'd say the first points system is better. The differences in position could make for some surprise rises and falls in the final few races.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Gonzalez96
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gonzalez96 » 31 Dec 2017, 00:30

MrMincepieseeks wrote:Ok then, very cool. Throwing Smurph on a 28 out there (28 years old and 28 years since Dragonball Z tv series was created). Also, I'd say the first points system is better. The differences in position could make for some surprise rises and falls in the final few races.

That Car is actually based on the original Dragon Ball Series, although I am looking to paint a Dragon Ball Z Version of it in the near future.

Speaking of Points, depending on how many drivers racing, I might even set it up give points to the Top 20 Drivers that have finished the race.

And Lastly, any more interests from others and I'll be ready make the thread public.