Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by lolin » 05 Dec 2015, 20:34

the first gameplay video dropped for this today

[video=youtube;09Zs1kZAW_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Zs1kZAW_4[/video]

i have some mixed feelings, because it looks like they just copy pasted kingdom hearts' gameplay onto ffvii

i'm sure i'll still get it, but i kind of had my heart set on the old turn based ffvii with updated graphics

Hallideus

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by Hallideus » 05 Dec 2015, 20:55

Looks more like the battle system in Final Fantasy XV's demo rather than Kingdom Hearts, which either way I'm happy with because after taking the nostalgia goggles off, turn based battle systems in RPGs are becoming less and less staple to the genre as the games become more modern, real and so on so that has to be accepted really because letting the feelings of attachment to the old turn based systems hold back the appreciation for the new is a damnright shame. When FFXII and XIII came out there was a huge fuss with them and I felt their battle systems were brilliant! XV's demo is brilliant too!!

That's Our Eric!
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by That's Our Eric! » 08 Dec 2015, 18:56

The game looks cool, I'm still shocked its even happening at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yikes

Post by Yikes » 08 Dec 2015, 19:56

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 08 Dec 2015, 20:01

IDDQD wrote:Interesting to see that it's going to be released in parts though.

i'm actually pretty okay with that aspect

from the sounds of it, they're only chunking it up because the game would be entirely too massive for downloads otherwise

i'm thinking the game is somewhere around 100 GBs and they don't want people to suffer through downloading that

i guess it gives them the right to price each part however they please though, that part kinda sucks

Klimhazard
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Klimhazard » 08 Dec 2015, 20:38

My 200mb connection would be fine with that download haha xD might be a challenge hehe!

I am looking forward to it if I am honest, thing is IF it is a remake, should they change the battle system? I mean, I liked the combat in Lightning Returns because it rewarded skill, but dunno who it will work here as people already have expectations of the game.
“I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.”

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 08 Dec 2015, 20:50

i think the battle system is going to be a combination of kingdom hearts and one of those naruto games from cyberconnect

cyberconnect apparently collaborated with them on the game, so i'm thinking they did the battle system

if that's the case, it probably will be fairly skill based

Klimhazard
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Klimhazard » 08 Dec 2015, 21:30

Yeah, I am looking forward to see what they do with it! Just not going to make any pre-judgments and see how it plays
“I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.”

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 09 Dec 2015, 08:53

I've never actually played a FF game, would this be a bad place to start?

~Biggkenny~

Ned Flanders
Veteran Member

Post by Ned Flanders » 09 Dec 2015, 09:41

man i hope they make sephiroth even cooler!!

Missy

Post by Missy » 09 Dec 2015, 18:08

i am actually forward to this, just because it was one of the first games that i played and loved like crazy!

i remember having the 2 disc case that was so huge XD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Dec 2015, 02:03

I hope they keep the gameplay like that. Reminds me of DMC (the originals).

That's Our Eric!
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by That's Our Eric! » 10 Dec 2015, 20:05

Biggkenny wrote:I've never actually played a FF game, would this be a bad place to start?

Not at all. For the most part, nearly all single entries are stand alones. There are some (7, 10, 12, 13) that have sequel
and spin-off entries, but for the most part, you can try any of them and not be missing anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marc1k1
Great Britain

Post by Marc1k1 » 11 Dec 2015, 00:59

My balls were officialy blown away at the announcment of a remake but ever since they showed off gameplay my expectations have sank.

I was hoping they'd do the logical thing and not change every little thing bloody possible as most remakes (somewhat understandably but still stupidly) try to do. I'm not keen on what seems to be forced voice acting over just text, I'm really unsure on the combat and I wish just one of these triple A developers would go back to making a game with a painted background, Imagine how bloody amazing that would look now!!! Dear lord it would be beautiful and could leave room to make the character models even better.

I dunno I was really let down by New N' Tasty which has done pretty much the same, making the game completely 3D and up'ing the technical fidelity but losing almost all of the soul of the original and buggering up many of the fine tuned mechanics and feel.

The final nail in my confidence for this remake was the announcement that it will be SPLIT INTO PARTS..... just why Square? almost two decades ago you managed just fine and now, with more money and more people and MORE hype behind a project you just can't possibly do it in one package? I call bull.

I hope it is great and I'll be picking it up to see for myself, that is assuming they don't announce some other redicilous nonsense prior to launch.... so all we can do is wait and see if Square can possibly mess this up more.

Coding
Veteran Member
Australia

Achievements

Post by Coding » 12 Dec 2015, 12:43

That's Our Eric! wrote:The game looks cool, I'm still shocked its even happening at all.

I'm shocked too.

That they are wasting their time with it and not remaking a GOOD FF.