Hogwarts Legacy

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Feb 2023, 17:06

Yuck, JK Rowling had little to no connection in the making of the game other than the Hogwarts IP, so I fail to see what the fuss is about?
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LikkleMel » 01 Mar 2023, 20:21

Coding wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 02:16
The funny thing about the boycott is a bunch of big name social media people who were leading the charge eventually caved and started hate playing the game anyway.
How can you hate play? That is just a weird concept to me. I agree if you don't want to play the game that is your right, I just don't agree with the concept of dictating to others what they should or shouldn't buy.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Coding
Veteran Member
Australia

Achievements

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Coding » 02 Mar 2023, 20:33

richardallen1976 wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 17:06
Yuck, JK Rowling had little to no connection in the making of the game other than the Hogwarts IP, so I fail to see what the fuss is about?
When they began to understand that it was mostly that they didn't want her getting any money from it, because anything that is even remotely about Harry Potter she gets royalties. The problem is that if she got 0 from the game, it wouldn't even be noticeable to her.

LikkleMel wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 20:21
Coding wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 02:16
The funny thing about the boycott is a bunch of big name social media people who were leading the charge eventually caved and started hate playing the game anyway.
How can you hate play? That is just a weird concept to me. I agree if you don't want to play the game that is your right, I just don't agree with the concept of dictating to others what they should or shouldn't buy.
They played it but still hated on it? I have no idea. I thought it was all silly as well.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Mar 2023, 10:21

richardallen1976 wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 17:06

I personally think its just some folk gaslighting going "if you play this game I dont want to be associated with you" etc etc like its a big deal XD I dont think anyone who was making such comment knew anything about the game at all its stupid

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Apr 2023, 15:23

We will finally be getting Quidditch!!!! But not in the way you might expect :confuse:

Click here to find out why

Lauren
VG mod

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LikkleMel » 28 May 2023, 19:09

OMG THERE IS TOO MANY FIELD PAGES!! @LilMissLarBear I'm so close to 100%

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 28 May 2023, 19:36

LikkleMel wrote:
28 May 2023, 19:09
OMG THERE IS TOO MANY FIELD PAGES!! @LilMissLarBear I'm so close to 100%

You can do it Mel!!! I found the final couple of field pages in Hogwarts a pain to find, once you get all the ones in Hogsmeade you are pretty much set because the rest are located on the map!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Jun 2023, 12:32

Obvs the game is so good I just had to defeat the boss a second time XD Actually it was for a friend of mine and omg I think I actually prefer doing it on console what the heck?! I found it so easier to time dodges and blocks because it actually indicates a sort of time frame between when you see the mark above the head and when the attack will actually be made. For anyones information your do *not* get this on PC unless Im mistaken and its been updated to have that same mechanic. Telling you right now it makes a whole load of difference you console player have it easy!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Oct 2023, 19:33

Would anyone be up for a sequel? There are already leaks that this is gonna be a thing but fans are still awaiting the Nintendo Switch release (now postponed until November I believe) and also a DLC. Any thoughts on getting a new game as opposed to a DLC? Also what would people hope for story wise if we do get a Hogwarts Legacy 2?

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legacy-2- ... leak-news/

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Oct 2023, 20:22

LilMissWerebear wrote:
11 Oct 2023, 19:33
Would anyone be up for a sequel? There are already leaks that this is gonna be a thing but fans are still awaiting the Nintendo Switch release (now postponed until November I believe) and also a DLC. Any thoughts on getting a new game as opposed to a DLC? Also what would people hope for story wise if we do get a Hogwarts Legacy 2?

To be honest, given the reaction at the moment to anything even remotely Potter related due to JKR's transphobia controversy, I don't think it's the right time.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Oct 2023, 20:36

Yeah... Although Rowling has never been involved in the development of these games idk if she is somehow associated or have rights to the company Portkey? Not even JK's controversy but just the hate and transphobia going on in general (we don't say his name, politics can go get effed up the butt) I would understand if this was to cause further uproar. I'd rather have a DLC anyway and have the game just have stuff added on to it otherwise I think it's not going to have the same surprise or excitement factor compared to the first game. We've seen what Hogwarts and surrounding areas look like in game now there isn't something from that you can change exactly

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Oct 2023, 20:40

LilMissWerebear wrote:
11 Oct 2023, 20:36
Yeah... Although Rowling has never been involved in the development of these games idk if she is somehow associated or have rights to the company Portkey? Not even JK's controversy but just the hate and transphobia going on in general (we don't say his name, politics can go get effed up the butt) I would understand if this was to cause further uproar. I'd rather have a DLC anyway and have the game just have stuff added on to it otherwise I think it's not going to have the same surprise or excitement factor compared to the first game. We've seen what Hogwarts and surrounding areas look like in game now there isn't something from that you can change exactly

No because if they made dramatic changes to the Hogwarts IP, too many people would cry about it.

Although given that Michael "Dumbledore" Gambon died last week, they could do some kind of tribute.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LikkleMel » 12 Oct 2023, 19:17

LilMissWerebear wrote:
11 Oct 2023, 19:33

I don't know if there will be a sequal so soon I think they would try and do DLC first. Isn't there meant to be a Sebastian DLC? I don't know if it is out yet or I missed it so need to play it. I would assume they want more DLC first

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LilMissLarBear » 12 Oct 2023, 19:29

Yeah that's what I thought I've seen different headlines I guess. I did spot a headline mentioning about the Sebastian DLC but I didn't quite look into that. In terms of a general DLC it seems up in the air, some sources say it's in the pipe works some say it isn't :confuse: and I imagine if there is a sequel in the works that it's very very very early stages anyway assuming it's true. I think the article is more or less a "hey guys just to give you a head up...." kind of message

Lauren
VG mod

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by LikkleMel » 12 Oct 2023, 19:45

LilMissWerebear wrote:
12 Oct 2023, 19:29
Yeah that's what I thought I've seen different headlines I guess. I did spot a headline mentioning about the Sebastian DLC but I didn't quite look into that. In terms of a general DLC it seems up in the air, some sources say it's in the pipe works some say it isn't :confuse: and I imagine if there is a sequel in the works that it's very very very early stages anyway assuming it's true. I think the article is more or less a "hey guys just to give you a head up...." kind of message

Yeh cause considering how long the original game has been in development I couldn't see the studio who is used to just making disney games making a completely new innovative game for Hogwarts in a space of a year. Don't get me wrong it is most likely in the works, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is like another 3-4 years until it is out or we see any gameplay because what else can they do really apart from add quiddich, but that is a separate game in itself at the moment which I believe is being developed by the same team, but that is just me thinking it rather than researching.