Call of Duty back on Nintendo Consoles?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 22 Feb 2023, 13:46

From TechRadar.

A deal made between Microsoft and Nintendo means that Call of Duty (COD), and possibly other Activision titles, will be developed for inclusion on the Nintendo Switch.

Brad Smith, President of Microsoft, announced that the ten year legally binding agreement meant that COD will be brought to Nintendo players “the same day as Xbox, with full feature and content parity – so they can experience Call of Duty just as Xbox and PlayStation gamers enjoy [the series]. We are committed to providing long-term equal access to Call of Duty to other gaming platforms.” 

Speculation has already started as to just how the COD franchise will appear on the Switch. Will it be limited to a "Warzone" port, or will more technically intensive initiative like "Modern Warfare 2?" Commentators are pointing out that the statement says "full feature and content parity" and "just as XBox and Playstation enjoy", taking that to mean that any future games will be identical across the platforms.

Although COD was the only named title, the announcement mentions "commitment to bring Xbox games and Activision titles like Call of Duty to more players on more platforms,” so there may be more news yet to come.

More cynical observers have pointed out that this is an attempt from Microsoft to head off a potentially expensive lawsuit being brought against them by Federal Trade Commission, who are viewing the attempted purchase of Activision Blizzard as contrary to monopoly regulations.

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 22 Feb 2023, 17:07

That is interesting, I'm wondering if they would do a switch port and how that would work...

I don't know if it is just cause my switch is terrible, but I'm constantly having connection issues and COD you need a proper stable WIFI
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Feb 2023, 17:07

Meh, that still won't please Sony who have been crying about COD on Xbox since last May.

If it wasn't for them, the ABK deal would've gone through months ago.

What gets me is that I'd bet good money that most hardcore Sony zealots can't even spell hypocrite, Sony's been banging on about exclusives across all 5 gens of PS since 1994, and they're crying real tears about possibly losing Call of flippin' Duty to Xbox?!
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)