Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 13 May 2021, 18:39

So with this remastered version of the OT releasing tomorrow, is anyone else getting it or thinking of getting it?

Personally I can't wait since their the games I've missed the most since I had to sell my Xbox 360 nearly 10 years ago. 

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 May 2021, 22:11

I know a friend who is obsessed with Mass Effect I just don't understand the hype around the game, but lets hope it isn't like that last one with those weird graphics!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 14 May 2021, 22:23

I liked Mass Effect Andromeda. As well as the Mass Effect Trilogy with Shepard.

Though can’t say I’ll purchase the remastered since I still have all the games.
本好きの下剋上

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 08 Jun 2021, 16:30

As the original trilogy is among my all time favourite games (im even a fan of Andromeda) i was always gunna buy this :)

Its great, an already fantastic title given a graphics and performance overhaul. There are even some welcome changes to a few maps, boss mechanics and animations which just bring everything up to current gen standard.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 08 Jun 2021, 17:55

LikkleMel wrote:
14 May 2021, 22:11
I know a friend who is obsessed with Mass Effect I just don't understand the hype around the game, but lets hope it isn't like that last one with those weird graphics!

After a few patches Andromeda ended up a decent game. Has the best combat of all the series imo, its a shame a few GFX bugs caused such an outcry it deserves more attention it really is worth playing.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 24 Jun 2021, 17:20

The remastered trilogy is absolutely fantastic! Ive put in 65 hours in so far and the performance improvements is outstanding! Hardly any load times, Mass Effect 1 runs smoothly in 60 fps. Not in 15 - 30 fps back on the 360 or if you had it on PC, it would either crash frequently or not run at all. ME2 already ran well, but having it bumped up to 60 fps constant is great. ME2 is still the peak of the trilogy, even in 2021, the visuals in the base one still stunning and can't beleive it looked so glorious in 2010. All DLC is included in this, so I was able to actually see the dlc missions I missed out on, which after the actions I did in one of the dlc missions, it carried over from ME2 to ME3. I do need to finish off my run as I have taken a break from it, as when I bought it when it first came out, most of my free time spent playing through the trilogy

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 25 Jun 2021, 17:39

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 17:20
The remastered trilogy is absolutely fantastic! Ive put in 65 hours in so far and the performance improvements is outstanding! Hardly any load times, Mass Effect 1 runs smoothly in 60 fps. Not in 15 - 30 fps back on the 360 or if you had it on PC, it would either crash frequently or not run at all. ME2 already ran well, but having it bumped up to 60 fps constant is great. ME2 is still the peak of the trilogy, even in 2021, the visuals in the base one still stunning and can't beleive it looked so glorious in 2010. All DLC is included in this, so I was able to actually see the dlc missions I missed out on, which after the actions I did in one of the dlc missions, it carried over from ME2 to ME3. I do need to finish off my run as I have taken a break from it, as when I bought it when it first came out, most of my free time spent playing through the trilogy

im also very impressed by the performance upgrades to ME1. I've paused my playthrough as I'm attempting to clear some of my backlog of games I've left unfinished over the past year but i will be storming through the rest of the trilogy as soon as I've cleared some more hard disk space.
I would love to see a remastered edition of Dragon Age: Origins some time in the future. its one of the best RPG ever made alongside ME2 and deserves some love.