Calling all PC gamers/Steam users!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Jul 2020, 20:51

Hi guys!  :=D:  at the moment I am on the lookout for new PC games to play and I am interested to know if anyone has any recommendations  :)  Really not fussy on the genre, I would try out basically anything. Specific titles will help if you are going to recommend major franchises (hint hint if you are going to mention Final Fantasy hint hint  :XD: )

Thanks in advance! ^^ really excited to see what you come up with. Of course whether I already have it and/or played it is a different matter but it will be really interesting to see what you guys are into nonetheless!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Purplegems3 » 08 Jul 2020, 10:37

Star Trek: Online is pretty good

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 08 Jul 2020, 12:47

Stardew Valley is wonderful if you want a chill farming sim game

Cook, Serve Delicious is good and casual

Civilization 5 or Endless Legend for strategy

Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater and Speedrunners are good for multiplayer
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 10 Jul 2020, 09:17

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 20:51
Hi guys! :=D: at the moment I am on the lookout for new PC games to play and I am interested to know if anyone has any recommendations :) Really not fussy on the genre, I would try out basically anything. Specific titles will help if you are going to recommend major franchises (hint hint if you are going to mention Final Fantasy hint hint :XD: )

Thanks in advance! ^^ really excited to see what you come up with. Of course whether I already have it and/or played it is a different matter but it will be really interesting to see what you guys are into nonetheless!
Go get yourself the SAO games, Omega Quintet, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Dragon Star Varnir, Mugen Souls, The Legend of Heroes series, Disgaea, Atelier franchise. All niche games. Not amazing from a technical standpoint, but They're all pretty fun if you like JRPGs or are willing to have a shot at them, and most of them can be found dirt cheap on third party Steam Key markets, if not actually on Steam, so minimum risk involved
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Jul 2020, 13:18

Purplegems3 wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 10:37

Thanks! I don't really know a lot about Star Trek but I don't mind giving the game a good go :) Played a little bit so far this morning, probably not enough to make a actual judgement but so far I'm liking it.

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Jul 2020, 13:21

GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:47

I already have Cook, Serve Delicious and Civ 5- both great games! I keep seeing Stardew Valley on my recommended actually :XD: I think I should seriously consider giving that a go, thanks!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Jul 2020, 13:31

Kai wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 09:17
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 20:51
Hi guys! :=D: at the moment I am on the lookout for new PC games to play and I am interested to know if anyone has any recommendations :) Really not fussy on the genre, I would try out basically anything. Specific titles will help if you are going to recommend major franchises (hint hint if you are going to mention Final Fantasy hint hint :XD: )

Go get yourself the SAO games, Omega Quintet, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Dragon Star Varnir, Mugen Souls, The Legend of Heroes series, Disgaea, Atelier franchise. All niche games. Not amazing from a technical standpoint, but They're all pretty fun if you like JRPGs or are willing to have a shot at them, and most of them can be found dirt cheap on third party Steam Key markets, if not actually on Steam, so minimum risk involved

Thanks! I already have a small handful of JRPGs in my library already but I haven't had chance it sit down properly and play them. I do have Fairy Fencer already though so I will see about giving that a playthrough some time :)

Lauren
VG mod

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Purplegems3 » 10 Jul 2020, 16:54

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 13:18
Purplegems3 wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 10:37

Thanks! I don't really know a lot about Star Trek but I don't mind giving the game a good go :) Played a little bit so far this morning, probably not enough to make a actual judgement but so far I'm liking it.

Neither do I but it is pretty good regardless

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 13 Jul 2020, 18:09

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 13:21
GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:47

I already have Cook, Serve Delicious and Civ 5- both great games! I keep seeing Stardew Valley on my recommended actually :XD: I think I should seriously consider giving that a go, thanks!
Omg awesome I don't think i've ever actually met somebody else who has played Cook Serve Delicious..! It's lowkey one of my favourites, haha

You should definitely try Stardew, it's very special and unique, and all updates are free.
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 16 Jul 2020, 18:47

I recently bought 'BarnFinders' on Steam - wanted something a little different and oh boy did I get exactly that! Found it to be a really fun game, from the same studio as Car Mechanic Simulator so I may be a little bias as thoroughly enjoyed that too :lol: But yeah, genuinely a good, fun game with a couple laughs along the way!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Jul 2020, 10:05

toshioa wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 18:47
I recently bought 'BarnFinders' on Steam - wanted something a little different and oh boy did I get exactly that! Found it to be a really fun game, from the same studio as Car Mechanic Simulator so I may be a little bias as thoroughly enjoyed that too :lol: But yeah, genuinely a good, fun game with a couple laughs along the way!

Oooooo I quite like Car Mechanic Simulator too! Never heard of this game though I will look that one up, definitely :)

Update after seeing a couple of clips: I am getting Storage Wars vibes from this for some reason... even though I haven't seen the show properly so I might be completely off with the judgement hahaha. I don't know is that weird?, probably is XD

Lauren
VG mod

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 20 Jul 2020, 07:54

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 10:05
Oooooo I quite like Car Mechanic Simulator too! Never heard of this game though I will look that one up, definitely :)

Update after seeing a couple of clips: I am getting Storage Wars vibes from this for some reason... even though I haven't seen the show properly so I might be completely off with the judgement hahaha. I don't know is that weird?, probably is XD

Haha, nah you're bag on the money! The idea is you go and buy abandoned plots or storage containers and flip them for a profit, but there are a few twists and turns along the way ;)

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by softnlil » 24 Jul 2020, 10:06

Stardew Valley, Plug & Play is a super weird/humorous indie game, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, 100% Orange Juice is a cute little board type game and it's on of my favs, Starbound, Terraria, To The Moon if you like story games, Amnesia 1&2, Age of Empires, Dead by Daylight, Borderlands 2, Cities Skylines, Fable Anniversary (the new one has just been announced!!!), Garry's Mod, Golf with your Friends, Outlast, Persona 4 Golden (there's cutscene lag issues but I found a fix for my bf and it works super well), Portal 2, The Forest
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵

Wolvenessence
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Wolvenessence » 24 Jul 2020, 10:53

The Sims 4 is always a fun interesting game~

lucas.asiq
Great Britain

Achievements