VRchat. Do you have it?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 12 Dec 2019, 05:56

Check in here.

"You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say 'hey there's the bad guy!' So what does that make you? Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide -- and how to lie. Me I don't have that problem. I always tell the truth -- even when I lie." - Tony Montana

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by toshioa » 18 Dec 2019, 12:39

Not yet but tempted too now I have my Vive setup permanently ;)

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 22 Dec 2019, 18:42

nope I cant say it interests me that much tbh.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 05 Jan 2020, 16:34

Nishizono Shinji wrote:nope I cant say it interests me that much tbh.

It's okay, folks with limited imaginations often can't see the implications of something until it's thrown in their face.

https://imgur.com/a/53giS0z

"You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say 'hey there's the bad guy!' So what does that make you? Good guys? Don't kid yourselves. You're no better'n me. You just know how to hide -- and how to lie. Me I don't have that problem. I always tell the truth -- even when I lie." - Tony Montana

HentaiSenpai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HentaiSenpai » 05 Jan 2020, 16:41

Reno Wingates Hazard wrote:It's okay, folks with limited imaginations often can't see the implications of something until it's thrown in their face.

Even with a limited imagination vr still has a hell of a long way to go.

Count me out till then.

Edit: looks like you deleted your post...

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 03 Feb 2020, 02:14

HentaiSenpai wrote:Even with a limited imagination vr still has a hell of a long way to go.

Count me out till then.

Edit: looks like you deleted your post...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4iUDDqTXfs

Mario Kart, on VRChat. Free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIx2QEZdRA

FF8 battles, part of a Balamb Garden map. Also free on VRchat.

Stuff I'm making related to American Sign Language + Horror based off System Shock...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sKdkG-CLDY&t=159s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7avqDvbIfo

I wasn't flat out attacking or insulting you, you just aren't aware of all the possibilities because you haven't thought about them yet. Our collective ignorance of something cool is the reason AL exists, so we can all swap the best games, anime, movies and shows and discover new mediums/content together.

progeek
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by progeek » 17 Feb 2020, 08:11

toshioa wrote:Not yet but tempted too now I have my Vive setup permanently ;)

Vive? Do you mean HTC Vive? First-gen headset right? I wanted to know how good is it? Is it worth it to buy it? It is pretty expensive, plus I have heard that it causes a headache. What is your impression of this headset? Please let me know
Anime is , so are flash games 🎮. :goomy:

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Feb 2020, 08:23

Hi [mention=115984]progeek[/mention]! Yes indeed the HTC Vive headset; I have the original headset but I bought the 'deluxe audio head strap' as well. Unfortunately the upgraded head strap is no longer available new and second hands one are becoming harder to find and more and more expensive. That said, it is considerably more comfortable than the standard head strap that comes with the Vive. The headset itself is fairly comfortable but again, I bought additional leather pads that fit over the goggles to cushion it against your face; I found before adding these pads that after 30-40 minutes it would get quite uncomfortable and, in some cases, begin to rub and hurt. I think I paid about £10 for 4 different leather pads and I have had no problems what so ever since.

The headset itself and its controllers are fantastic; other than a few buggy drivers from time to time and the occasional need to unplug everything and plug it back in, it works incredibly well and the tracking is very accurate and smooth. I've had no issues in game what so ever and the Steam VR platform really does allow you to make the most of the headset and controllers. If you are new to VR and have little experience with it, the first 10-20 hours will typically cause either headaches or make you feel sick - this is pretty normal I would say as your brain and body gets used to the sensation. It took me about 2-3 weeks of average playing to get used to it and I went from being able to do 20 minutes at a time to being able to play pretty much indefinitely now. Don't be put off by this, you will get used to it the more you play! But yeah, all-in-all, I am very pleased with the HTC Vive, so much so, I now have a second one too for co-operative play. If you can, I would advise trying to track down a deluxe or alternative head strap to the original one provided OR, if budget permits, take a look at the newer and improved Pro.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

progeek
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by progeek » 23 Feb 2020, 07:45

Thank you toshioa for a detailed answer, just what I needed a good encouragement to buy this headset :D I will grab it as soon as I will find it on the market. I always wanted to try VR, I was just not sure how good it was.
Anime is , so are flash games 🎮. :goomy:

Reno Wingates Hazard
Standard Member
Australia

Post by Reno Wingates Hazard » 24 Feb 2020, 02:26

progeek wrote:Thank you toshioa for a detailed answer, just what I needed a good encouragement to buy this headset :D I will grab it as soon as I will find it on the market. I always wanted to try VR, I was just not sure how good it was.

I'd consider an Index, I already have a Vive Pro and it sorts out the minor issues that detracted from the HTC Vive experience with higher resolution screens behind the lenses and comes with a deluxe audio strap. I'd consider the Index very carefully before you buy a HTC Vive OG, the increased resolution and out of the box finger tracking on the Index are very much worth it. OG HTC Vives can be picked up second hand though, sometimes for a steal if you look in the right places.

Synergiance
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by Synergiance » 10 Jun 2020, 23:28

Yes I play VRChat, nice to hang out with friends even during quarantine.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Jun 2020, 01:04

I need to actually try it out properly at one point and then we should totally do an AL meetup :XD:
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 11 Jun 2020, 15:04

I have VRchat using Oculus Rift S

Synergiance
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by Synergiance » 12 Jun 2020, 21:42

Oh yeah, where are my manners, I use a Rift CV1 for VRChat

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

VRchat. Do you have it?

Post by Buta » 18 Jun 2020, 07:31

I've tried VRChat solo without a VR Kit since I don't own one for PC. Seemed alright. I can see the appeal, especially if you have pals to enjoy it with. Having pals definitely helps the experience, haha.
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~