Minecraft Dungeons

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Minecraft Dungeons

Post by Kai » 29 May 2020, 18:03

Who's Playing this?  and what platform?  I currently have it on XBOX One and I'm considering buying it for PS4 and PC at some point.  I have no plans to buy the Switch version
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Minecraft Dungeons

Post by Biggkenny » 31 May 2020, 08:14

You can get it with Xbox game pass for £1 for PC and XBOX. If anyone wanted to try it before buying it then I'd consider doing this first.

It's fun but it feels very beta/alpha. The environments look really good and some of the enchantments are really interesting (especially when combined together), but there aren't that many levels and there's not that much complexity (this could be seen as a good thing for some people). Theres no trading and orange rarety items seem a bit too common.

I'll probably play through it until I've done the last level on the hardest difficulty and then put it to the side. I can kind of see people playing it like path of exile where they come back to it whenever theres a new major change, but path of exile doesnt charge you for the extra content whereas this game is.

~Biggkenny~

Purplegems3
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Minecraft Dungeons

Post by Purplegems3 » 01 Jun 2020, 07:51

I've tried to play it on my Xbox One last night and it isn't letting me even in which is annoying

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Minecraft Dungeons

Post by Kai » 01 Jun 2020, 18:22

Biggkenny wrote:
31 May 2020, 08:14
You can get it with Xbox game pass for £1 for PC and XBOX. If anyone wanted to try it before buying it then I'd consider doing this first.

It's fun but it feels very beta/alpha. The environments look really good and some of the enchantments are really interesting (especially when combined together), but there aren't that many levels and there's not that much complexity (this could be seen as a good thing for some people). Theres no trading and orange rarety items seem a bit too common.

I'll probably play through it until I've done the last level on the hardest difficulty and then put it to the side. I can kind of see people playing it like path of exile where they come back to it whenever theres a new major change, but path of exile doesnt charge you for the extra content whereas this game is.
Don't forget that £1 is only for the first month and that GP games can only be used while you're subcribed, not that GP is a bad deal overall.

IMO, it's fun for a short while, but can quickly get repetitive when you're just replaying the same dungeons (even if they have some minor design varieties), just on different difficulties. it doesn't take long to max out your characters (for now, at least), especially if you're rushing for loot. it does have potential to be a very fun game if they add more variety in dungeon layouts overall though.
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang