What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Baroness Fandom
Great Britain

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by Baroness Fandom » 15 Aug 2018, 10:37

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:That's definitely a series I need to complete too. Completed Thousand Year Door as I was obsessed with the RPG style. Also completed Super Paper Mario which was okay. The 3DS Sticker Star put me off a little, so may go back to the first instead.

Finally got around to playing We Happy Few. The story is fantastic as expected. Only the game feels a little short and quite buggy. I vote Nosey Old Lady for biggest villain of 2018. What a pain in the smile she is!

I've played through a fair bit of Super Paper Mario, and I played a demo of Sticker Stars (I even got to go to a cool press event set in a diner), but I haven't completed any of them. I haven't even played TTYD yet.

So far my play through of Paper Mario is going well, focussing on BP is paying off and I am currently on chapter 4 (when I was yougner I only ever got as far as chapter 2)
Vampire Clan Joint Leader - Alcon 2018

Vampire Clan Leader - Alcon 2019 - Winning Clan of 2019

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 15 Aug 2018, 10:44

Baroness Fandom wrote:I am currently doing a play through of Paper Mario. Despite the fact that I got that game over 15 years ago I have yet to complete it, and I aim to rectify that.

^This... I am exactly the same. I got so far with it and REALLY enjoyed it but never actually completed it! Think it might be time to drag out the GameCube again :D

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 15 Aug 2018, 21:18

N64 actually for the original Paper Mario. Gamecube was the Thousand Year Door (and probably the most hours I sunk into a game on that console, even with Smash Bros Melee about), the original Paper Mario. I had the same problem with Super Mario RPG. There were just so many RPGs out at that time that it was shoved to the bottom of the list to complete. (Barrel Volcano was as far as I got I believe, then it became too much to keep retrying it over and over so I jumped to Shining Force.

GENO FOR SMASH DAMMIT!

Back to some WarioWare Gold. Those challenges will keep that game being played forever I swear. Sneaky Gamer is such fun. Scary, butt-clenching fun.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

ohmcutts
United States of America

Post by ohmcutts » 16 Aug 2018, 15:02

In my entire daily life, i play several games using my android mobile. In fact, sometimes I do gaming on my PC, but not regularly. In schools, i consider playing happy wheels because it's kind of funny and awesome game ever built which can be played at school for free without any restrictions.
In PC, I play PUBG and other online games. In Android phone, i play Subway surfer, archer king, Lubd King and many other cool and simple games.
Right now I wasn't doing anything rather than browsing AnimeLeauge.

Neverless
Australia

Achievements

Post by Neverless » 16 Aug 2018, 16:04

Just played COD BO4 Beta, I loved it, enjoyed game for three days, tested all classes and called in all streak rewards. Sadly beta is ended and I went back to playing Dota 2 and COD WW2.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Aug 2018, 09:51

Started taking my PS Vita to work again for my lunch breaks; been playing Demon Gaze with the intention of finishing it at last :lol:

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 17 Aug 2018, 09:59

toshioa wrote:Started taking my PS Vita to work again for my lunch breaks; been playing Demon Gaze with the intention of finishing it at last :lol:

What is the game like? I've gotten super curious at various different games. also, since you provided a PSNProfiles signature, I couldn't help but nose around at your list of games :P
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Aug 2018, 10:11

NightmareHollow wrote:What is the game like? I've gotten super curious at various different games. also, since you provided a PSNProfiles signature, I couldn't help but nose around at your list of games :P

Haha, that's a coincidence since I setup the PSNProfile off the back of seeing and nosing through yours too :P :lol: Truth be told, I've always been more of an Xbox player hence I have a ridiculous Gamerscore on there but am severely lacking in trophies :( That has changed recently and I seem to be playing more and more PlayStation again :)

As for Demon Gaze, I'm really enjoying it. It's a bit grindy but the story and characters are pretty engaging and the team mechanics and customisation is pretty neat too. All-in-all, it's a good game and I picked it up a few months back when it like 60% off :)

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 17 Aug 2018, 10:31

toshioa wrote:Haha, that's a coincidence since I setup the PSNProfile off the back of seeing and nosing through yours too :P :lol: Truth be told, I've always been more of an Xbox player hence I have a ridiculous Gamerscore on there but am severely lacking in trophies :( That has changed recently and I seem to be playing more and more PlayStation again :)

As for Demon Gaze, I'm really enjoying it. It's a bit grindy but the story and characters are pretty engaging and the team mechanics and customisation is pretty neat too. All-in-all, it's a good game and I picked it up a few months back when it like 60% off :)

Haha :lol: well I'm glad I inspired you to create your own then :P and 5 years ago, I was more XBOX focused and had Live way before I picked up a PS3. but I never played a huge amount of games so my G is only like 2000-2100 IIRC. My trophy list would be a lot better looking if I didn't have like 3000 games I still haven't even touched yet :lol: but I am trying to dust off some of my PS3 games again, since it had some pretty entertaining JRPGs and I have quite a few I need to finish, like Atelier Rorona, but time management is so strict. I'm on my 3rd run of the game, and with NG+, you get to carry over money, but last time, I got off to a flying start, and from the second year onwards, alchemy gets a lot more tedious, needing more time to create stuff, and the areas you need to travel to in order to gather the ingredients takes longer. now combine that with events in town, and the fact you only get up to 3 in-game months per assignment, you have to plan everything out almost perfectly to avoid screwing something up. that said, when things go well, it's pretty relaxing to play.

I might have to look into Demon Gaze, and also, hopefully I don't forget to add you as well. I'd be keen to assist you with some multiplayer games, especially the SAO games. I haven't really got all that far with AWvsSAO either so I hope when you have time, we can work together on that too :)
Image Image Image

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Aug 2018, 10:58

I've just added my Xbox signature too so you can check that out at your pleasure ;) :P And I know that feeling! I have a couple of games on both the PS and Xbox that are still sealed from where I bought them but still have yet to play them :lol: I've recently been buying a tonne of JRPGs on the PS3/4 - I didn't realise just how many awesome titles there really are on the PS. I have a few of the Atelier games on PS4 but have yet to actually play them :lol: I've installed them and opened them to check they work ok but have never actually played one of the titles; same with Ni No Kuni! :lol: I really need to get my ass back in gear and start smashing through some of these. You'll see I've 100% completed more games on Xbox than I have on PS... this must change ;) haha.

I'd definitely like that my friend! Would be cool to get some multiplayer nailed down once and for all! I've been trying to 'make my big return to gaming' since I left university - the vast amount of my GS was gained whilst at university; all my flat mates had Xboxs so we spent our lives playing it :lol: Since then and having now entered the World of work and adulthood I just don't get anywhere near enough time - or at least that's what I think; I probably do have enough time it's just making it I guess. But sure thing, add me on PSN and I'll gladly play a couple games with you! Will I need to get a PS+ sub?

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 17 Aug 2018, 11:33

toshioa wrote:I've just added my Xbox signature too so you can check that out at your pleasure ;) :P And I know that feeling! I have a couple of games on both the PS and Xbox that are still sealed from where I bought them but still have yet to play them :lol: I've recently been buying a tonne of JRPGs on the PS3/4 - I didn't realise just how many awesome titles there really are on the PS. I have a few of the Atelier games on PS4 but have yet to actually play them :lol: I've installed them and opened them to check they work ok but have never actually played one of the titles; same with Ni No Kuni! :lol: I really need to get my ass back in gear and start smashing through some of these. You'll see I've 100% completed more games on Xbox than I have on PS... this must change ;) haha.

I'd definitely like that my friend! Would be cool to get some multiplayer nailed down once and for all! I've been trying to 'make my big return to gaming' since I left university - the vast amount of my GS was gained whilst at university; all my flat mates had Xboxs so we spent our lives playing it :lol: Since then and having now entered the World of work and adulthood I just don't get anywhere near enough time - or at least that's what I think; I probably do have enough time it's just making it I guess. But sure thing, add me on PSN and I'll gladly play a couple games with you! Will I need to get a PS+ sub?

You'll need PS+ for pretty much any multiplayer on PS4 to connect with others.

Oh yeah, plenty of interesting ones. JRPGs, no matter how odd and quirky the really niche ones are, never ceases to amuse me. Ever since I discovered the Neptunia Franchise, I've been digging around all sorts of games from that side, all the JRPGs and other generally anime-inspired games. Mugen Souls, Trinity Universe, Akiba's Trip, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. on PS Vita I have more Neptunia games, and on PS4 I have stuff like Megadimension Neptunia VIIR, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (which if you like the neptunia games enough, I highly recommend this game), Final Fantasy X, World of Final Fantasy. Almost all sorts, too many to list them all, hence the PSNProfiles sig :P , but yeah I haven't really touched the PS4 Atelier games either, just the intro to Sophie at most

But yeah I get what you mean with work and adulthood, though I haven't got anywhere yet in that sense, even though I'm already 25 and 7 months old... I need to get somewhere with that, though I am pushing for at least a part-time PC hardware based course, and I want to follow up with the software side, and take that experience with me when I formally apply for a job

Also, I'm considering creating sigs for XBOX and Steam too, even though I haven't really got a huge deal to show off on those platforms :lol:
Image Image Image

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 17 Aug 2018, 12:35

NightmareHollow wrote:You'll need PS+ for pretty much any multiplayer on PS4 to connect with others.

Oh yeah, plenty of interesting ones. JRPGs, no matter how odd and quirky the really niche ones are, never ceases to amuse me. Ever since I discovered the Neptunia Franchise, I've been digging around all sorts of games from that side, all the JRPGs and other generally anime-inspired games. Mugen Souls, Trinity Universe, Akiba's Trip, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. on PS Vita I have more Neptunia games, and on PS4 I have stuff like Megadimension Neptunia VIIR, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (which if you like the neptunia games enough, I highly recommend this game), Final Fantasy X, World of Final Fantasy. Almost all sorts, too many to list them all, hence the PSNProfiles sig :P , but yeah I haven't really touched the PS4 Atelier games either, just the intro to Sophie at most

But yeah I get what you mean with work and adulthood, though I haven't got anywhere yet in that sense, even though I'm already 25 and 7 months old... I need to get somewhere with that, though I am pushing for at least a part-time PC hardware based course, and I want to follow up with the software side, and take that experience with me when I formally apply for a job

Also, I'm considering creating sigs for XBOX and Steam too, even though I haven't really got a huge deal to show off on those platforms :lol:

Understood re: PS+ I've never actually had + before so I will look in to investing in a years subscription and trying it out :) I've always had XBL and will probably always have that so I don't see why I can't have PS+ too :)

Oh wow! Again, that is such a coincidence; I stumbled across Hyperdimension Neptunia on PS3 in a sale some time last year and ever since then, I've been discovering more and more JRPGs and buying them up. The Neptune series (including the anime) just really appealed to me and I've love what I've played and watched thus far though I definitely need to play more! :) Strangely, all the games you have mentioned bar Mugen Souls I also own :lol: We're like 'Gaming-Buddies' ;) Seriously though, I own a large number of titles but I seriously need to find the time to start actually playing through them! I keep buying them in various sales but never actually get round to installing or playing them :( Maybe you can help kick me back in to shape once and for all and I'll get my 'otaku' back on ;)

That's fair enough bud; still got time don't worry. I'm 29 in December and am working full-time for a marketing firm as their Digital Marketing Manager and I am also a freelane videographer/editor/sound recordist and editor for various local companies and a few online contracts too so my time is split between two jobs currently; the hope is I'll be able to build enough sustainable freelance work that it will become my full-time job giving me complete control over my working hours/days etc :) But time will tell and there's no rush I guess :lol:

Do it! I've done my Xbox one, I'll look at doing a Steam one too though that really isn't all that impressive sadly :)

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 19 Aug 2018, 17:05

Currently playing World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth....got max cap at 120 on my priest and 114 on my demon hunter atm.

My daughter is currently playing Dark Souls and is in undead burg at level 20. Also deprived class.

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 19 Aug 2018, 21:10

purple dragon wrote:r u haveing haveing fun in wow

Yeah i'm loving it :3

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Aug 2018, 23:54

I hate the chemical area come on let sonic pass

ImageImageImageImageImageImage