Next Doctor Announced.

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by Ojisama » 08 May 2022, 22:24

Ncuti Gatwa has been officially announced as the next incarnation of the Time Lord.

The Sex Education star had this to say.

“There aren’t quite the words to describe how I’m feeling. A mix of deeply honoured, beyond excited and of course a little bit scared. This role and show means so much to so many around the world, including myself, and each one of my incredibly talented predecessors has handled that unique responsibility and privilege with the utmost care. I will endeavour my upmost to do the same."

Gatwa is a Rwandan-Scottish actor who rose to fame in his fan-favourite role as Eric Effiong in the Netflix teen comedy series Sex Education. He has been nominated for 3 BAFTAs and a BAFTA Scotland Award for Best Actor in Television.

In addition to Sex Education and Doctor Who, Gatwa will appear in director Greta Gerwig's Barbie film opposite Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling and his Sex Ed co-stars Emma Mackey and Connor Swindells.

Source - RadioTimes.com
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by LikkleMel » 08 May 2022, 23:35

I'm looking forward to it! He is a good actor and I never get when people go "Ughh I don't know him, so probs not that good". That is the whole point of the new doctor they are someone who has been acting but hasn't had their big break yet. I annoys me when people suggest really famous people to be the doctor when that isn't the point.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 May 2022, 13:54

You never know if there a good doctor till you watch. I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes those that aren't great stars are better then said stars.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by Teeny » 10 May 2022, 17:43

I should really try and catch up with Doctor Who, I stopped half way through Peter Capaldi :sweatdrop:
He looks like he'll become an awesome Doctor though!
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by belsammael » 18 Jun 2022, 15:06

I don't know him well as an actor, but I look forward to seeing what he will bring to the table. Looking forward for his time to arrive :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by LilMissLarBear » 22 Jun 2022, 14:33

belsammael wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 15:06
I don't know him well as an actor, but I look forward to seeing what he will bring to the table. Looking forward for his time to arrive :)

If you look up Sex Education, he is from there. I never heard of him either but I googled Sex Education highlights, seems like a funny guy. Would be interesting to see what he's like as a doctor. Think I said this when Jodie Whittaker was announced as doctor, they need that charm and sometimes humour in the character imo and I reckon he can bring that for sure

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by Ojisama » 22 Jun 2022, 14:38

David Tennant and Catherine Tate are together again filming for a Doctor Who Special to be broadcast next year.

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by belsammael » 22 Jun 2022, 14:56

LilMissCrazy wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 14:33

If you look up Sex Education, he is from there. I never heard of him either but I googled Sex Education highlights, seems like a funny guy. Would be interesting to see what he's like as a doctor. Think I said this when Jodie Whittaker was announced as doctor, they need that charm and sometimes humour in the character imo and I reckon he can bring that for sure

Yeah, I know he's from there, but I haven't seen that series; but then again, every actor portraying the Doctor was pretty much new to me, and I haven't been disappointed yet. :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by GraceMellody » 23 Jun 2022, 12:54

LikkleMel wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:35
I'm looking forward to it! He is a good actor and I never get when people go "Ughh I don't know him, so probs not that good". That is the whole point of the new doctor they are someone who has been acting but hasn't had their big break yet. I annoys me when people suggest really famous people to be the doctor when that isn't the point.
literally like Matt smith ended up being HUGE even though nobody had heard of him
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by PharaohAtem » 23 Jun 2022, 13:23

He was one of my favorites.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by Ojisama » 21 Nov 2022, 16:44

New "Companion" announced during Children In Need Appeal Show, as former Coronation Street star Millie Gibson.

Recent news has also included the partnership of the BBC with Disney, which will allow Doctor Who to be streamed via Disney+. The partnership brings with it a much bigger budget than before, so shows should benefit from the latest technology.

We won't get to see the new Doctor and Companion flying solo until 2024, but they will be introduced during the 60th Anniversary Episodes which will star the returning David Tennant and Catherine Tate.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Next Doctor Announced.

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Nov 2022, 16:49

Ojisama wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 16:44
New "Companion" announced during Children In Need Appeal Show, as former Coronation Street star Millie Gibson.

Yep, I know I'm loads too old for 'er but I do quite like her.

Bring back the gorgeous Sophie Aldred though, she was 60 in August apparently but she definitely doesn't look it.

Also, it doesn't bother me, but I'm sure some would moan about Mr Gatwa's casting purely because he's a black bloke, some people moaned about Jodie Whittaker purely because she's female.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)