Where in the World Would You like to Visit?

Where you can discuss music, movies, television, art and culture.

Moderators: Boonny Feng, Baul, Dalawless

Boonny Feng
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Boonny Feng » 18 Nov 2020, 15:47

A different post from our usual movies and music, but i want to know, if you could travel anywhere in the world for any amount of time, where would you go and why? What would you do there? Is there a specific kind of meal you'd eat? I want to know what entices you to want to go to the places you do. You can put as many or as little places as you want but I would genuinely love to know why you want to go where you do!
หฑ ๐“ˆ’ ๐“ˆŠ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆ’ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆ‰ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆ’ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆŠ ๐“ˆ’ หฒ

ย โย ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต. ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ตย โž
โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆ
โ‹†โ‹…สšย ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณย ษžโ‹…โ‹†
๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ 4 ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ! ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด
ย โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆ
โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พย ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ป๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅย โ˜ฝเผ“๏ฝฅ*หšโบโ€งอ™
ย 
๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜Œ๐˜ก ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ! ๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ <33

ย 

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 19 Nov 2020, 13:51

I haven't travelled a lot yet so I guess I would be up for anywhere but the two places I would love love love to travel to would be Italy and Japan. I think both countries look so pretty and have loads of cultural spots to visit. With Japan especially, I would be very interested in trying different Japanese food. I have never tried sushi so I feel like I would want to save my first expereince for trying it out in a actual Japanese sushi place! I would just love to try a bunch of japanese snacks which I know you can get delivered in the uk anyway (i think its mochi that I have tried before) but it would still be nice to see if there are any snacks thst never get shipped here :)

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 20 Nov 2020, 00:07

I've been wanting to visit Chernobyl for a long time. It seems like such a cool place to visit, being almost frozen in time post CNPP disaster.

It was mostly spurred on by the STALKER series being set there.
I'm bleeding. I'm fading
Here in my final hour
When long lost memories return
And a voice keeps calling
"All dead and gone
it's out of hand
Life is in motion"

Sacred Worlds - Blind Guardian

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 20 Nov 2020, 17:45

Boonny Feng wrote: โ†‘
18 Nov 2020, 15:47
A different post from our usual movies and music, but i want to know, if you could travel anywhere in the world for any amount of time, where would you go and why? What would you do there? Is there a specific kind of meal you'd eat? I want to know what entices you to want to go to the places you do. You can put as many or as little places as you want but I would genuinely love to know why you want to go where you do!
This seems like a classic GD thread to me. I wonder how the GD mods will react to you stepping on their turf. I'm glad I'm not you right now. :(

Baul wrote: โ†‘
20 Nov 2020, 00:07
I've been wanting to visit Chernobyl for a long time. It seems like such a cool place to visit, being almost frozen in time post CNPP disaster.

Top Gear (or Grand Tour) did an episode on this you should checkout. They did a fuel economy challenge thing driving through Chernobyl. The idea was that the car with the worst fuel efficiency would run out first and end up stranded closest to the centre. :roll:

The radiation isn't that bad anymore apparently. It would definitely be a cool place to visit just to see the abandoned buildings and the mutant 3 eyed animals and stuff.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 20 Nov 2020, 19:12

lambda-sky wrote: โ†‘
20 Nov 2020, 17:45

Top Gear (or Grand Tour) did an episode on this you should checkout. They did a fuel economy challenge thing driving through Chernobyl. The idea was that the car with the worst fuel efficiency would run out first and end up stranded closest to the centre. :roll:

The radiation isn't that bad anymore apparently. It would definitely be a cool place to visit just to see the abandoned buildings and the mutant 3 eyed animals and stuff.

Oh, I didn't know that they did an ep on Chernobyl.

I remember watching a documentary on them building a new sarcophagus over the CNPP earier this year, that was really interesting.

Yeah, the radiation isn't as bad as it was but I believe the place is still uninhabitable for the next ~100 years or so.

I'd reccomend anyone with an interest in Chernobyl to check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. Criminally underrated game set there.
I'm bleeding. I'm fading
Here in my final hour
"All dead and gone
it's out of hand
Life is in motion"

Boonny Feng
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Boonny Feng » 20 Nov 2020, 20:01

Heyitslaurenk wrote: โ†‘
19 Nov 2020, 13:51
I haven't travelled a lot yet so I guess I would be up for anywhere but the two places I would love love love to travel to would be Italy and Japan. I think both countries look so pretty and have loads of cultural spots to visit. With Japan especially, I would be very interested in trying different Japanese food. I have never tried sushi so I feel like I would want to save my first expereince for trying it out in a actual Japanese sushi place! I would just love to try a bunch of japanese snacks which I know you can get delivered in the uk anyway (i think its mochi that I have tried before) but it would still be nice to see if there are any snacks thst never get shipped here :)

Japan is one of the places I want to visit too :3 I really wanna go to Sanrio Puroland and the arcades xD but yessssss the snacks!! I would love to try Japanese snacks

ย โย ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต. ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ตย โž
๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ 4 ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ! ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด
โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พย ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ป๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅย โ˜ฝเผ“๏ฝฅ*หšโบโ€งอ™
ย 
๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜Œ๐˜ก ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ! ๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ <33

ย 

Boonny Feng
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Boonny Feng » 20 Nov 2020, 20:03

Chernobyl has such a bittersweet backstory to it. I've watched so many videos on it and I lowkey wanna go and see the aftermath of it for myself. I'm hoping, once it becomes inhabitable again, it'll be a place people remember from it's history

ย 

ย 

Boonny Feng
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Boonny Feng » 20 Nov 2020, 20:05

20 Nov 2020, 17:45
18 Nov 2020, 15:47
This seems like a classic GD thread to me. I wonder how the GD mods will react to you stepping on their turf. I'm glad I'm not you right now. :(

to be fair, GD can overlap with anything in the subs xD but I'm friendly with the mods, I'm sure they don't mind ^^ especially since this can overlap with learning about different cultures around the world :3

ย 

ย 

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 22 Nov 2020, 11:56

20 Nov 2020, 19:12

I remember watching a documentary on them building a new sarcophagus over the CNPP earier this year, that was really interesting.

Yeah, the radiation isn't as bad as it was but I believe the place is still uninhabitable for the next ~100 years or so.

I'd reccomend anyone with an interest in Chernobyl to check out the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. Criminally underrated game set there.
I think most of the damage was done when the roof blew open and the burning uranium was exposed to the atmosphere. Unfortunately there's a lot of FUD around Chernobyl because nuclear is the only real alternative to fossil fuels. Big oil interests push for solar and wind because they're unreliable so you still need to use coal and gas as backups.

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 22 Nov 2020, 11:57

20 Nov 2020, 20:05
to be fair, GD can overlap with anything in the subs xD but I'm friendly with the mods, I'm sure they don't mind ^^ especially since this can overlap with learning about different cultures around the world :3
I'm not the one you need to convince. Your conscience is inside you. :v_v:

20 Nov 2020, 20:01
Japan is one of the places I want to visit too :3 I really wanna go to Sanrio Puroland and the arcades xD but yessssss the snacks!! I would love to try Japanese snacks
I can't go to Japan. I would spend all my money in a maid cafe and never be able to get home again. :sweatdrop:

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 22 Nov 2020, 16:47

22 Nov 2020, 11:56
20 Nov 2020, 19:12

I think most of the damage was done when the roof blew open and the burning uranium was exposed to the atmosphere. Unfortunately there's a lot of FUD around Chernobyl because nuclear is the only real alternative to fossil fuels. Big oil interests push for solar and wind because they're unreliable so you still need to use coal and gas as backups.ย 

Yeah, alot of it was all the uranium being dispersed everywhere.

Infact it could have been worse if it werent for the three mad lads that waded through pure radioactive water to prevent another explosion.

I'm bleeding. I'm fading
Here in my final hour
"All dead and gone
it's out of hand
Life is in motion"

Mickelrath
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Mickelrath » 22 Nov 2020, 17:01

I need to go to loads of places:

South Korea
Italy
Spain
Mexico
Japan
Finland
China
USA
Norway
Sweden
Denmark

The list is pretty endless. My Grandad has visited every country he's been allowed to go. He even went on a cruise through Antarctica. I love travelling, just wish I had more money to do so.

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 23 Nov 2020, 09:23

22 Nov 2020, 16:47

Infact it could have been worse if it werent for the three mad lads that waded through pure radioactive water to prevent another explosion.

Got to love hero stories like that.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 23 Nov 2020, 20:28

23 Nov 2020, 09:23
22 Nov 2020, 16:47

Got to love hero stories like that.

Aye, it's incredible what some people will do. Those three saved the world a hell of a lot of trouble.
I'm bleeding. I'm fading
Here in my final hour
"All dead and gone
it's out of hand
Life is in motion"

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 23 Nov 2020, 23:46

23 Nov 2020, 20:28
Aye...
Magpies? Balckcats? Or could you be from north of The Wall? :hm: