I love the Garlic Jr. Saga filler of DBZ

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 10 Jul 2022, 02:22

That's right. I love the Garlic Jr. saga of DBZ. It's the only filler of DBZ that I really like, and wish had of been left in Kai. The Garlic Jr. Saga is looked at as weak compared to the Cell or Buu sagas. It can't even measure up to the Freiza Saga. And yet, I think it's so much better than it's given credit for. 

Goku is the hero in almost all the DBZ sagas. But in the Garlic Jr. Saga, Gohan, Krillin, and Piccolo have to take out a great evil without Goku's help, and they do! Even Kami acts very heroically. No Goku, yet they push Garlic Jr. back into his dimension where he will be trapped forever. There is no other DBZ saga like this. True, in the Cell Saga, Gohan is the one who defeats Cell, but he had some help from his dad. Not that that's a bad thing. It didn't make Gohan's act any less heroic. But it was amazing to see Gohan and the others take out Garlic Jr. without Goku being the hero of the day at all. Then there was the extra story, in which Maron and Krillin break up. While you feel bad for Krillin, this one shot story of a broken heart gives so much more meaning when Krillin finally meets Android 18. 

Yes, I don't mind any of the filler being removed from Kai, except for the Garlic Jr. Saga. I wish they had of kept that in Kai. For it was the best filler of DBZ. 

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 18 Jul 2022, 15:43

Thanks for posting.

I'm not a DBZ fan myself, but hopefully somebody will come back to you, and give you their thoughts.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 18 Jul 2022, 17:46

basically any arc or movie where it's not goku saving the day is good

goku sucks

TrashM
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TrashM » 23 Jul 2022, 21:32

I should watch it again
"Do not store up for yourselvs treasures on Earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where theives break in and steal".

Matthew 6:19

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 08 Sep 2022, 14:14

It's why I liked the recent Dragon Ball Super Super Hero movie. Other characters really got to shine there :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.