Summer Time Render

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Swarming
Great Britain

Achievements

Summer Time Render

Post by Swarming » 31 May 2022, 02:29

Summer Time Render
Broadcasting in Japan on Disney+

Synopsis:
Following the death of his parents, Shinpei Ajiro grew up with the Kofune sisters Ushio and Mio. In adulthood, Shinpei lives in Tokyo, until he hears the startling news that Ushio passed away by drowning. He returns to the isolated island town, but becomes suspicious when he notices that Ushio's body has marks around her neck; implying that she was strangled. Now haunted by her ghost and assisted by Mio, Shinpei tries to find the answers to what really happened to Ushio and possibly save the residents from a strange dark enigma.
Anilist.co

For me this is so far the best anime I've seen in forever. The animation is just superb. The plot is complex, fascinating and mature – also surprisingly frightening and unsettling. It blends together suspense, horror, and mystery in an incredibly compelling way. I'm so excited to see how this season ends, but I also get the feeling I won't be able to wait for Season 2, I'll probably end up buying the manga instead!

Anyone else watched this? Toughts?

Swarming
Great Britain

Achievements

Summer Time Render

Post by Swarming » 31 May 2022, 11:33

Naughty Kitty wrote:
31 May 2022, 06:03
Oh gosh glad your enjoying it so much it sounds a bit spooky and mysterious but fun also :)

It's so good! Genuinely very unsettling at points, 'invasion of the bodysnatchers' type setup but with some very clever twists on the formula! I can't get over just how beautiful the animation is though; it has this wonderful mixture of the recent trend towards bright watercolours but also that slightly old-school character design with thinner, less defined character outlines etc. Visually maybe the closest comparison would be Violet Evergarden? Highly recommend watching the first episode, if that doesn't sell you on it nothing will!