Light Novels

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Light Novels

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 29 May 2022, 23:17

I've read several anime/manga light novels and i got to say being able to read them on my kindle has made it easier to read.  That's enough about me though for the time being I'd like to know what anime light know what others tastes are so we can compare. 

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Light Novels

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 29 May 2022, 23:52

i-woke-up-piloting-the-strongest-starship-so-i-became-a-space-mercenary given the sites rules i can't talk about the more mature parts in it but over all i love this light novel Before my other kindle was stolen i have read most of the books. There's also one called muscles are better than magic, though some of the content is mature so that again applies to the site rules.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Light Novels

Post by Expendable » 29 May 2022, 23:56

It would help knowing what you've read and liked.

I've not read a lot of light novels, but I've watched a few anime made from light novels.

First season of Sword Art Online
First season of A Certain Magical Index
No Game No Life
Some episodes and stories from Kino's Journey - The Beautiful World
Toradora!
The Irregular at Magic High School
First season of Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
First season of That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
First season of Spice & Wolf
And midway the first season of "Didn't I Say to Make my Abilities Average in the Next Life?

Leo Mark Radomir wrote:
29 May 2022, 23:52
i-woke-up-piloting-the-strongest-starship-so-i-became-a-space-mercenary given the sites rules i can't talk about the more mature parts in it but over all i love this light novel Before my other kindle was stolen i have read most of the books. There's also one called muscles are better than magic, though some of the content is mature so that again applies to the site rules.

Ah, simultaneous posts! Okay, what did you like about it? I must admit, the title draws my attention, big scifi fan.

There are probably others, I'm just not aware that they were light novels.

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Light Novels

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 30 May 2022, 00:10

i-woke-up-piloting-the-strongest-starship-so-i-became-a-space-mercenary is a little confusing in parts but the story line and the chars chemistry are great i had read most of their books with in six months waiting for the sixth to come out. The char is in muscles is better than magic isn't the brightest tool in the shed but he's not a complete idiot either and the way he bounds with his traveling companion is heart warming and all the good stuff even though some of it is pretty silly. I've watched most if not all on the list above and agree most are great.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Light Novels

Post by Expendable » 30 May 2022, 00:18

so a decent story line and character chemistry is what you're looking for, excellent.

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Light Novels

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 30 May 2022, 00:21

Yes that's right oh i almost forgot i've got to finish off paper and spice volume 2

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Light Novels

Post by Tanya » 30 May 2022, 08:00

You know I created a thread awhile back for light novels.

I’ve read quite a few now.
Reincarnated as a Sword is pretty good. I hear it will get an anime in the future. I’m anticipating the next LN
Youjo Senki Is is another great LN, though I’m not caught up with it
Tearmoon Empire is great for laughs though I’m not totally caught up with it either
Secret Saint is good too. This one is funny but a bit more realistic than other comical fantasy novels
Cross-Dressing Villainess is one I just picked up and it’s quite entertaining, mostly it’s humorous.
Kuma Kuma Kuma has an anime but it’s quite different from the LN which is better.
There are many more I’ve read the above is just to name a few and at that nothing much about them
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Light Novels

Post by Tanya » 30 May 2022, 13:48

The Cross-Dressing Villainess is about a woman cross dressing as a man.

It’s an Isekai meaning the girl died in present day Earth and was reborn in another world. She was reborn as a Duke’s daughter in a fantasy like world.
The world, people and events is the same as an Romance game she played before she died. But she was reborn as the villainess of the game. In other words in the original game she bullies or kills the main heroine. Turns out there are many bad and good endings pending on game progress. Regardless the Villainess or she dies in every ending good or bad. So she decides to masquerade as a male who is the son of a baron at school to avoid her destined death.

Unfortunately for her she’s a devilishly handsome man and has the attention of all the ladies. So plans not to stand out fail but her persona as a male student will still protect her so she strives to maintain it.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Light Novels

Post by Tanya » 30 May 2022, 13:55

On another note there is one I recently read the 2nd novel of that’s about vampires. Well it takes place in a country ruled by vampires and the majority of the population are vampires too. It’s a Fantasy comedy.

The Vexations of a Shut-in Vampire Princess.

It’s one I believe @Momogari would probably like
本好きの下剋上

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Light Novels

Post by Ojisama » 30 May 2022, 14:13

A heck of a lot of the present crop of Isekai anime started life as a LN about 10 years ago, and a lot of the Manga I am reading also started as LN.

Strongest Staship...Mercenary sounds like a manga I am reading, but no mature content. "Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusen-Mochi Datta no de, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei Toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai" is it's Japanese name. (Definitely in the running for the longest title award)

The anime "The Saints Magic is Omnipotent" was an LN, and a manga "Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu"
The Strongest Demon Lord was reborn...
Death March...
I will Survive Using Potions (Potion-Danomi de Ikinobimasu!)

I can add more if anybody is interested.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Leo Mark Radomir
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Light Novels

Post by Leo Mark Radomir » 30 May 2022, 22:27

I hadn't read in ages till I got the kindle now I read most days