Anime News 1st quarter 2022

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 02 Mar 2022, 14:50

Spice and Wolf Gets New Anime Project.

The official Twitter account, which did not specify whether the project was a sequel or remake, released a visual for the new anime, along with a message from the series’ author and illustrator.

Additional details, such as staff and release date, are yet to be revealed.

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 03 Mar 2022, 12:46

Demonslayer Song ranked #1 for 7th consecutive week.

Aimer's new song "Zankyō Sanka" (Song of Reverberation), the opening theme song for the Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc (Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yūkaku-hen) television anime, ranked #1 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100 chart for the seventh consecutive week (February 21-27). It was also the song's ninth week at #1 on the chart overall.

Billboard Japan also reports that the song has been streamed over 100 million times after 12 weeks. It is the fifth fastest song to accomplish this feat. (BTS did it in six weeks with "Butter," while LiSA did it in seven weeks with her Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train theme song "Homura.")

"Zankyō Sanka" ranked #1 on Oricon's weekly streaming ranking for the seventh time since its digital release on December 6 last year, marking the fourth time the song has spent on the top of the chart. Aimer is also the eighth artist or group to record more than 10 million streams in a single week since Oricon began posting its charts in 2018.

The song shipped physically on a CD single on January 12, with Aimer's image song "Asa ga Kuru" (Daybreak) for the same anime as the B-side song. The Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc anime ended on February 13.

Source - Anime News Network

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 06 Mar 2022, 20:06

The Savior's Book Café Story in Another World Manga Ends in 5th Volume

When a “god” tells Tsukina that she is to be transported to another world to become its savior, Tsukina isn't interested. As a bookish thirty-something, she has zero desire to go on some big adventure…so when she arrives in the strange new land, she decides to use her magical powers to create a cozy little book café instead. But when a fellow “savior” starts causing trouble, Tsukina might just have to play the hero, after all! (Seven Seas Entertainment)

Izumi, Ōmiya, and Sakurada launched the manga on Shogakukan's Ura Sunday website and Manga ONE app in July 2019. Izumi writes the story, while Sakurada draws the art. Ōmiya is credited for coordination. Izumi and Sakurada launched a separate light novel series for the story under Kadokawa's Beans Bunko label, and Kadokawa published the third light novel volume on December 24.

The manga entered its final arc with the 21st chapter in October.

Comment -- This is a real shame. I have been following this manga and it has been very entertaining. I guess I'll have to try and find the LN now.

Source - Anime News Network.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 06 Mar 2022, 20:29

Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2022 winners

I'm a bit late with these, as they came out in February, but nevermind.

Anime of the Year: Attack on Titan: Final Season, Part 1
Best Animation: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mugen Train Arc
Best Opening Sequence: “Boku no sensou” by Shinsei Kamattechan for Attack on Titan: Final Season, Part 1
Best Closing Sequence: “Shirogane” by LiSA for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mugen Train Arc
Best Boy: Bojji in Ranking of Kings
Best Girl: Nobara Kugisaki in Jujutsu Kaisen (cour 2)
Best Score: Yuki Kajiura and Go Shiina for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mugen Train Arc
Best Director: Baku Kinoshita for ODDTAXI
Best Character Design: Tadashi Hiramatsu for Jujutsu Kaisen (cour 2)
Best Protagonist: Odokawa in ODDTAXI
Best Antagonist: Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan: Final Season, Part 1
Best Fight Scene: Yuji Itadori & Aoi Todo vs. Hanami in Jujutsu Kaisen (cour 2)
Best Romance: Horimiya
Best Drama: To Your Eternity
Best Action: Jujutsu Kaisen (cour 2)
Best Fantasy: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Season 2)
Best Comedy: Komi Can’t Communicate
Best Film: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie, Mugen Train
Best VA Performance (Japanese): Yuki Kaji as Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan: Final Season, Part 1
Best VA Performance (English): David Wald as Ainosuke Shindo/“ADAM” in SK8 the Infinity
Best VA Performance (Spanish): Irwin Daayán as Rengoku in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mugen Train Arc
Best VA Performance (Castilian): Marcel Navarro as Tanjiro Kamado in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie, Mugen Train
Best VA Performance (French): Enzo Ratsito as Tanjiro Kamado in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mugen Train Arc
Best VA Performance (Portuguese): Léo Rabelo as Satoru Gojo in Jujutsu Kaisen (cour 2)
Best VA Performance (German): René Dawn-Claude as Satoru Gojo in Jujutsu Kaisen (cour 2)
Best VA Performance (Russian): Islam Gandzhaev as Tanjiro Kamado in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie, Mugen Train

Source - Anime UK News.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 22:20

BanG Dream!'s Morfonica Group Gets Original Anime This Summer

The official Twitter account for the Bang Dream! franchise announced on Saturday that the franchise's Morfonica group will get an animated work that will premiere in summer 2022. The announcement did not reveal the anime's format, but did state the work will "broadcast" this summer.

Morfonica formed in 2020 as the fourth band in the overall BanG Dream! franchise. The band consists of first-year students from Tsukinomori Girls High School, a prestigious school for high-class girls. Its five members are: Mashiro Kurata (vocals), Tōko Kirigaya (guitar), Nanami Hiromachi (bass), Tsukushi Futaba (drums), and Rui Yashio (violin).

Source - Anime News Network.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 22:34

J-Novel Club Licenses 6 Manga, 3 Light Novel Series

J-Novel Club announced during its livestream on Friday that it has licensed six manga and three light novel series. All manga will have their first chapters available after the end of the stream. The first two parts of the first volume of all light novels will be available as well.

The titles are...
Gushing Over Magical Girls manga
Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! manga
Doll-Kara manga
The Saga of Lioncourt manga
Fushi no Kami: Rebuilding Civilization starts with a Village manga
Housekeeping Mage from Another World: Making Your Adventures Feel Like Home! manga

VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral After Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream light novel
D-Genesis: Three Years after the Dungeons Appeared light novel
The Misfit of the Demon King Academy light novel

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 22:49

Cross Infinite World Licenses Rapunzel of the Magic Item Shop, The Princess' Smile, More Light Novels

Cross Infinite World announced this week that it has licensed three light novel series. The company also revealed a new audiobook release:

The titles are...
Rapunzel of the Magic Item Shop light novel
The Princess' Smile: The Body-Double Bride Searches for Happiness with the Reclusive Prince light novel
The Drab Princess, the Black Cat, and the Satisfying Break-up light novel

Apocalypse Bringer Mynoghra: World Conquest Starts with the Civilization of Ruin audiobook

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 22:59

Deadline: Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Film Earns US$2.88 Million from N. American Preview Screenings

Entertainment news website Deadline reported on Thursday that the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 anime film earned about US$2.88 million at the North American box office from preview screenings in 2,003 theatres on Thursday.

The film opened with English subtitles and with an English dub in the U.S. and Canada on Friday.

The film is now the #1 highest-earning film at the Japanese box office from the 2021 calendar year, after surpassing Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0: Thrice Upon A Time, according to the Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 23:07

Crunchyroll Adds Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Season 3 Anime

Crunchyroll announced on Thursday that it has added the first episode of the third season of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These, the new anime of Yoshiki Tanaka's epic science fiction novel. New episodes will debut on Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. EDT in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Nordic Countries, and Latin America.

Game developer Aiming is making Ginga Eiyu Densetsu: Die Neue Saga (Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The New Saga), a new smartphone strategy game based on the anime.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 23:18

Crunchyroll to Stream Goro Taniguchi's Estab Life TV Anime Ahead of Japanese Broadcast Premiere

Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will debut the first two episodes of the Estab-Life: Great Escape original anime project by Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass, Planetes, Back Arrow) two weeks ahead of the Japanese broadcast date. The company will stream the first two English-subtitled episodes on March 23. New episodes will launch every week. Fuji TV's +Ultra anime programming block began streaming a promotional video that features the opening theme song "Rana" by Mei-chan.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Mar 2022, 23:31

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Film Delayed Due to Toei Animation Hack

Toei announced on Friday that Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, the second anime film in the Dragon Ball Super franchise, has been delayed due to the Toei Animation hack. Toei apologized to fans who were looking forward to the film's opening.

The film was slated to open in Japan on April 22. The CG film's release schedule may differ depending on each country and region. The film was slated to open in North America this summer.

Toei Animation announced on March 11 that on March 6, an unauthorized third party accessed the company's network, which resulted in a shutdown of part of the company's systems. Toei Animation is investigating the matter, and added the hack will affect the broadcast schedules for the One Piece, Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Delicious Party Precure, and Digimon Ghost Game anime.

Source - ANN

Updated 14 April. Go to viewtopic.php?f=57&t=130258 for info on rescheduled release.

Why Am I First
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Why Am I First » 19 Mar 2022, 23:46

Whatttt no wayyyyy what absolute D***** Do we have a new date yet @Ojisama

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 20 Mar 2022, 00:04

Gundam 00 Anime Gets Revealed Chronicle CG Anime

The Gundam Figures Live!!! event revealed on Thursday that the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 anime is getting a new CG anime project titled Revealed Chronicle. Seiji Mizushima, the director of the previous Gundam 00 anime, is reuniting with staff for stories that were not told in the original anime. The event unveiled a teaser video for the anime and the new Gundam Devise Exia model (segment starts at 1:13:30 mark):

Revealed Chronicle will feature previously unrevealed anecdotes about how design data from the product development phase was used in the animated series. Mizushima teased that the project, which is not a full anime, will feature stories that fill in gaps in-between the original anime's first and second seasons. The project will also unveil the secrets of the Double Drive, the missing link to the GN Drive. There will be new mobile suits for Setsuna, Lockon, and other characters.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 20 Mar 2022, 00:12

NumberOne wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 23:46
Whatttt no wayyyyy what absolute D***** Do we have a new date yet @Ojisama

Sadly no. As soon as I know, it will be up on these boards.

Gossip says that the hackers deleted a lot of material off the servers. If this is true, then the delay may be quite long. Depends on how much of the draft material has been saved, and can be brought back up for editing.

Why Am I First
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Why Am I First » 20 Mar 2022, 02:27

ARGHHHHH Thats mad me so P***** Off. I just dont get why they do it how sad they must be