More Macross coming to America

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 30 Apr 2021, 20:11

Finally, after all these years, America is getting more of the Macross series. I love Super Dimensional Fortress Macross as well as Macross Plus: Movie Edition, so I can't wait to see Macross Zero. Anyone else excited? https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/macross-se ... exclusive/

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 01 May 2021, 01:18

Finally. I'm tired of it not being licensed.

I've been rewatching some of Macross Delta recently. This time is the first time I realized that as fun as the music is, Frontier was a much better anime.

Macross 7 was a terrible anime but I love the music style. I've done more Firebomber karaoke than I've watched the episodes.

Hm, I've not seen Macross Zero but it looks good.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 01 May 2021, 01:21

It's because Harmony Gold had the rights to it forever and they funneled it and a few other shows into Robotech. About time it comes here, anyways

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 02 May 2021, 20:33

personally I can’t wait to see more macross. The last show I watched was macross delta but I’d like to watch macross frontier. The eBay seller I usaually buy my macross delta figurines from usually has a lot of macross frontier ones as well but I haven’t been bidding on them cos I haven’t watched it

Melancholy Angel
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Melancholy Angel » 05 May 2021, 17:16

I watched Macross Plus along time ago on DVD and I'd heard another Macross series got converted into Robotech but haven't really looked into it. Are the different series related to each other?

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 05 May 2021, 20:24

Melancholy Angel wrote:
05 May 2021, 17:16
I watched Macross Plus along time ago on DVD and I'd heard another Macross series got converted into Robotech but haven't really looked into it. Are the different series related to each other?

Yes, the different series are related to each other. Except, from what I understand, Macross II is not canon, but correct me if I'm wrong. Aside from that, yes, they all connect.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 04 Jun 2021, 02:11

It'll be interesting to check it out. A friend a long time ago introduced me to Robotech and I've watched a few of the Macross movies.