Share an unpopular anime and manga opinion

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 02 May 2021, 22:27

Most series released after the year 2000 aren't as exciting as some of the older releases such as The Slayers/Tenchi Muyo/Neon Genesis, I've seen series such as Re:Zero and while they did provide some level of entertainment they just didn't do it for me... I think this is mainly due to series pre-2000 are clearly hand-drawn so I appreciate how much effort went into the older series I enjoy, idk - each to their own, I guess :3
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Overlord Kujo
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 02 Jun 2021, 22:37

Unpopular opinion?
You got it.

Kagome and Inuyasha are a terrible couple. Their entire on screen chemistry consists of emotional abuse, codependency, verbal abuse, trust issues, and 75% of their dialogue is screaming their names to each other. Was never a fan of the show, but now knowing where the whole thing ends up, and them having some kid together... That kid is going to have a fucked up childhood. Both characters settled.
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (1.06 MiB) Viewed 419 times

Help me conquer new game realms at the
Overlord Arcade YouTube channel!

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 02 Jun 2021, 23:21

Unpopular opinion? Excel Saga is probably the funniest series ever made X3 understandable humour throughout, why does it receive so much hate? D:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 03 Jun 2021, 06:19

Unpopular opinion: Isekai anime are too overhyped for what they are. I think I have seen my share of Isekai and can safely say that Rising of the Shield Hero and Spirited Away are the only one I consider fantastic and would recommend in a heartbeat. Honorable mention to Inuyasha.

Another unpopular opinion: Black Clover is actually amazing and a hundred times better than My Hero Academia.

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 03 Jun 2021, 22:51

Another unpopular opinion. I hate Seven Deadly Sins. Meliodas is the most obnoxious protagonist I've seen in an anime.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 04 Jun 2021, 02:04

Lately I've noticed a spate of gaming status boards showing up in various anime - That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime, So I'm a Spider, so What?, Dr. Stone's achievements, The Dungeon Only I can Enter. Now it made sense in Sword Art Online, and even to a degree in Is It Wrong to Pick up a Girl in a Dungeon, but it's getting silly.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 08 Jun 2021, 17:56

Boruto isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.