Is Kimugare Orange Road worth checking out?

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 09 Apr 2021, 06:33

As someone who loves the 1980s and old anime, is the anime or the manga worth checking out? This song has got me hooked. It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever listened to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSjfNSgk0U

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 09 Apr 2021, 11:02

Yeah I liked it many years ago. I dont remember much about it but I think it was good.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 15 Apr 2021, 16:38

@Jongriffin Nice Genma Panda avatar. I haven't seen enough of it to say. My favorites from the 80's include
Ranma 1/2, The Dirty Pair, Dominion Tank Police, and Appleseed - although I read more of that in the manga form.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 19 Jun 2021, 22:59

Jongriffin wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 06:33
As someone who loves the 1980s and old anime, is the anime or the manga worth checking out? This song has got me hooked. It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever listened to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSjfNSgk0U
@Jongriffin
I might came a bit later to reply ...and you may already did watched ... :haha:
but if you didn't ... YES! I will recommend it! :smoke:
きまぐれオレンジ☆ロード ,I've re-watched it couple of years ago, and enjoyed like my first time in early 90's ( when I was 14 - 16 Y.O. ) :dance:

Btw, his OST are one of my favourite late 80's Japanese POP all together with the OST of Bubblegum Crisis / Crass / Tokyo 2040...

Sure you already must find it...
but give a chance to this compilation of Kimagure Orenji Road OST
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 10 Jul 2021, 01:38

Ekkun wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 22:59

I might came a bit later to reply ...and you may already did watched ... :haha:
but if you didn't ... YES! I will recommend it! :smoke:
きまぐれオレンジ☆ロード ,I've re-watched it couple of years ago, and enjoyed like my first time in early 90's ( when I was 14 - 16 Y.O. ) :dance:

Btw, his OST are one of my favourite late 80's Japanese POP all together with the OST of Bubblegum Crisis / Crass / Tokyo 2040...

Sure you already must find it...
but give a chance to this compilation of Kimagure Orenji Road OST

Ekkun, as a matter of fact, I did finish watching it about three months ago. I loved it. It was an all around beautiful series. I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about the first movie, though. But I love the show and the OAVs.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 12 Jul 2021, 08:09

:dance: Glad you did watched!, and more glad to hear that you did indeed enjyo it!. :<3: Still, this one of my favorites, with City Hunter (Tsukasa Hojo), and the Clasis (first series) of Dr. Slump (Toriyama Akira). Those are different genres.

I Share your point of view with the last Movie. "Shin K.O.R.) …
Not sure f that where in the original manga series... as thou the autor made a continuation at latertimes...
When First Spanish edition of the manga seriesm it where Cancelled with 28 numbers of 48 pages (more or less) Just the first 8 (of 15) of the original Japanes Tankoubon.

… At later it receiclve 2 reedition… one in Castillian (aka Spanish), from the Kanzenban edition with 10 Vols. and another in my 2nd mother tongue, Català also 10 Vols.
but sadly i didn't have thecahs to buy it. …
Probably one of many things I've repent ... XD

https://www.listadomanga.es/coleccion.php?id=65
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 17 Jul 2021, 23:00

Ekkun wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 08:09

I Share your point of view with the last Movie. "Shin K.O.R.) …

https://www.listadomanga.es/coleccion.php?id=65

Ekkun, thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. You'll have to forgive me, though. When you mean the last movie, are you referring to Summer's Beginning, the second movie, or the first movie, I Want to Return to that Day? I have not seen the second movie. I am referring to the first movie, I Want to Return to that Day. I was angry at how Kyosuke treated Hikaru.