Log Horizon Season 3

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Momogari » 17 Jan 2021, 05:39

Alright I tried to find a trailer with subs but I didn't. Oh well.

Seasons 2 was 2015, so it's been over 5 years now.

It's on Funimation. Not on CR or Hidive it seems. So maybe funimation only.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Momogari » 17 Jan 2021, 06:04

Ep 1 was a good start.

It's very similar to season 2, which is surprising. It's a good job done.

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Nuggies » 17 Jan 2021, 18:25

Didn't realise this was on Funimation. I know what I'm binge watching next!

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Momogari » 22 Jan 2021, 04:37

Ep 2.

This entire situation never really made sense to me. To me it was obvious that the marriage, the dukedom, and the dissolution of the round table was a good idea that would make connections across political and social lines and naturally reduce tensions between the daiichi factions as well as between daiichi and adventurers. It'd keep business going and since Eins can't really control adventurers anyway, the only way they'd lose anything is if he was dumb enough to try. And I dont think he is.
So I never got why the protagonists were all worried about this, and when Eins explained it during the meeting, I was like, fucking exactly. Even if Eins is lying about Maihama already considering it, its not a far stretch considering that political alliances will be drawn through Maihama's good relationship with Akiba and Akiba adventurers will bridge the social divide between the daiichi factions by freely associating with both. I'm not even sure the marriage is necessary but I suppose the nobility would be too nervous without it.

For Akiba, even if the new government takes some economic power from the craft guilds, they're on the edge of collapse anyway die to rising social unrest, so they're much better off taking their lumps and accepting Westeland sponsorship under Eins' government.

So to me, Eins plopped a perfect solution to all of their earthly problems in everyone's lap. It may be been heavy handed, but this suspicion and fear makes no sense to me.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Momogari » 28 Jan 2021, 00:34

Episode 3 was pretty interesting. It got less nonsensical when Shiroe was considering joining the new government, but I didn't expect Lenessia's involvement or the development of the election.
I suppose an election is a decent way to handle it. Or is it? I suppose if the round table loses then it will go away quietly and all will be well, and if it wins.... wait, what if it wins? Lenessia stays in town and...as Shiroe said, becomes the bridge between adventurers and people of the land, but that doesn't solve the problems between the daiichi factions. That changes nothing.
Certainly Lenessia's involvement will change things, but I'm not sure for the better.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Momogari » 03 Feb 2021, 23:46

Ep 4 start
Lol @Shiroe pushing Lenessia into running for election.

Because of that this is certainly going to be more interesting than I thought now.

ep 4 almost over and it seems like Shiroe is doing something?
I'm sure he's not doing something corrupt, but I feel like this is going to end up with him doing something unbelievable. I'm not looking forward to it.

Granted, from the start I wanted Shiroe to lose this time. Even if Lenessia's involvement is interesting, it'd be better if Eins won this.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Momogari » 11 Feb 2021, 23:29

ep 5

Spoiler:  
Well, that outcome was expected but it's less odious than I thought it'd be. I guess I figured Shiroe had no way to actually fix the problems in Akiba.

Well, silly me.

The transport gate working again. That's an interesting development.

Hm. Now to talk to the moon. And get Crusty back.

Oh, next week is Crusty.

And this gorgeous creature oh my

I can't wait.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 14 Feb 2021, 18:32

I started watching from the beginning a few weeks ago gunna binge it and catch up to the new season.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Log Horizon Season 3

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 09 Jun 2021, 18:49

Log Horizon is one of the best Isekai out there it somehow stands out in an absolutely saturated genre.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.