Rate the AMV Above You

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 23 Dec 2020, 18:21

I thought this would be okay to do since it's anime-related. ^.^

How good is the AMV above you, in your opinion? Give the last AMV posted a rating out of 10 and if possible say what you do or don't like about it whether you're talking about the previous AMV or the one you've posted or both. I'll get it started. ^.^

I've come to make a sentimental attachment to the twin Androids 17 and 18 so I love a lot to do with them. This AMV reflects what I feel like when I'm depressed and my misanthropy really takes a hold, so I like that it's more of a vicarious expression of what I wish I could do like DBZ was for me as a kid. And the fact that it's an Android 17 tribute is an absolute win for me too. I hated the GT version of 17 though, but I did wish I could just go on a rampage like that a LOT because my life was such hell. Not to mention that it talks about "I will shut the world away" which is pretty much what I've been doing for the past 16 or so years, even as a kid really. Mentally as a kid, but now it's pretty much all the way except for the wifi. How do you rate it? :) I think it's a 9/10, only the scenes from GT kind of taking away from the best score really. >.<

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Expendable » 25 Dec 2020, 04:40

Where the android is being beaten down while the song states "they will not bow, they will not break" I thought was very effective.

I give it an 8/10.

Now, something Christmasy

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 25 Dec 2020, 05:27

For the Christmas theme it definitely gets an 8.5/10 but the cuteness and warm atmosphere of it gets it up to 9/10. ^.^ I didn't think to look for Christmas AMVs.

My heart's always going to be with 17 and 18, and this one includes some Super with DBZ and the song is perfect too.

Hououin Kyouma
Great Britain

Achievements

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Hououin Kyouma » 31 Dec 2020, 01:48

Cool amv, nice editing! Bonus points for reminding me that the tune 'Tom's Diner' existed. (the intro and chorus are sampled from it) havn't listened to that track in ages. 8/10

Here's an amv for one of my favorite tracks I discovered years ago.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 31 Dec 2020, 03:32

Hououin Kyouma wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 01:48
Cool amv, nice editing! Bonus points for reminding me that the tune 'Tom's Diner' existed. (the intro and chorus are sampled from it) havn't listened to that track in ages. 8/10

That's an interesting one. 9/10 even though I don't know the anime it's total eye-candy with that fade-to-black effect used in those intervals. And the track is a total epic gem!! It's one of the more slow-paced ones but goes to show that slow-paced can have just as much of an impact as one of the fast-paced ones.
I've been getting back into SAO recently so I wanted to find an SAO AMV. This one's "Last One Standing" by Simple Plan. Pretty accurate song too for Kirito. I like this one even though it's one of the first ones to pop up under "sword art online amvs", got to say.

AMCApril
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by AMCApril » 01 Jan 2021, 23:02

Emotive Spirit wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 03:32
Hououin Kyouma wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 01:48

That's an interesting one. 9/10 even though I don't know the anime it's total eye-candy with that fade-to-black effect used in those intervals. And the track is a total epic gem!! It's one of the more slow-paced ones but goes to show that slow-paced can have just as much of an impact as one of the fast-paced ones.
I've been getting back into SAO recently so I wanted to find an SAO AMV. This one's "Last One Standing" by Simple Plan. Pretty accurate song too for Kirito. I like this one even though it's one of the first ones to pop up under "sword art online amvs", got to say.

give the amv a 8/10 its fine

heres a good sao amv i found

CREDIT FOR SIG - Catacombs

WAYS TO CONTACT/FIND ME -
  Spoiler:  

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 02 Jan 2021, 00:01

I love it!! 9/10 but only because I haven't seen the anime. It would be a 10/10 if I knew the story. Can't keep Kirito down! :dance:

An AMV of one of my all-time favorite anime: The SoulTaker. The song is "Dance With The Devil" by Breaking Benjamin which is also one of my favorite bands.

Hououin Kyouma
Great Britain

Achievements

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Hououin Kyouma » 02 Jan 2021, 00:18

AMCApril wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 23:02

Yeah the editings definately next level!

Emotive Spirit wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 00:01
An AMV of one of my all-time favorite anime: The SoulTaker. The song is "Dance With The Devil" by Breaking Benjamin which is also one of my favorite bands.

Also cool! I recognise some of the track from music used in the show 'The Walking Dead', do you know if this is a remake or if someone's done a remake of it? Had a quick look on wikki but couldnn't find anything and I wouldn't mind finding the other version.

Also, I've heard Soul Taker mentioned a few times but it's a show I missed. Looks up my street though. Reminds me of the origional Devilman that I watched so long ago I've no idea if it was good or not :haha: I take it you'd recomend?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 02 Jan 2021, 00:39

Hououin Kyouma wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 00:18
AMCApril wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 23:02

Yeah the editings definately next level!

Emotive Spirit wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 00:01

Also cool! I recognise some of the track from music used in the show 'The Walking Dead', do you know if this is a remake or if someone's done a remake of it? Had a quick look on wikki but couldnn't find anything and I wouldn't mind finding the other version.

Also, I've heard Soul Taker mentioned a few times but it's a show I missed. Looks up my street though. Reminds me of the origional Devilman that I watched so long ago I've no idea if it was good or not :haha: I take it you'd recomend?
Breaking Benjamin's song is the actual track in it. It looks like it's on Apple Music, Dance With the Devil. It looks like it's from their album titled "Phobia" if that helps. It should even be on Amazon Music as a digital download, but the Amazon one is a guess tbh. Stands to reason they should have it available though. I don't think anyone's done a remake of it but people do covers of songs all the time so I wouldn't be surprised. It might help though if I knew the lyrics of the song you're after. There's a drum solo that's also called "Dance With the Devil" but I'm not sure if that's what you mean? Otherwise though I don't think anyone did a cover of it that I can find. :?

omg 100% I'd recommend it! It's obviously geared towards adult/mature audiences because it is just so freaking bloody. lol The story is a mind trip too, and VERY dark. I loved it them and I love it now, so much that I bought all 13 discs of it since it only has 13 episodes. I even know where the DVDs are still. lol Probably my all-time favorite over everything else, right next to DBZ. I LOOOOVE the dark atmosphere of it too. omg, perfect 10/10 as far as how that anime overall is what The SoulTaker rates in my opinion. HIGHLY recommended!!! :D

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by LikkleMel » 02 Jan 2021, 00:42

Adding a new amv to rate ;)

~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 02 Jan 2021, 01:14

LikkleMel wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 00:42
Adding a new amv to rate ;)

9.5/10 for the music and the scenes of all the different anime synchronously put together like that. That takes some organizational skills right there. Sheesh! The track is pretty awesome and catchy too.

Another of my favorites: Chrono Crusade. This is a song that really resonates with how things are right now too... :(

Hououin Kyouma
Great Britain

Achievements

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Hououin Kyouma » 02 Jan 2021, 01:38

Emotive Spirit wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 00:39
Otherwise though I don't think anyone did a cover of it that I can find.

Took me a while but I found it. It's called 'Oats in the Water' by Ben Howard if you're curious
Emotive Spirit wrote:
I LOOOOVE the dark atmosphere of it too

Awesome, I fancy something new (to me) but old. Spent the day editing together a bit of an amv style video intro and it put me into the mood for some more classic style anime art. Plus I love a good dark atmosphere story.

On a sidenote, watching these amv's and doing that intro is making me want to try my hand at making one. Does anyone know how that works in terms of copyright? It'd be a shame to get a strike on a channel I've not even started yet :=D:

Hououin Kyouma
Great Britain

Achievements

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Hououin Kyouma » 02 Jan 2021, 01:59

LikkleMel wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 00:42
Adding a new amv to rate

This one's kinda sick with the combat edited to the beat. 8/10.

Found one someone did with Attack on Titan to that tune 'Oats in the water' I mentioned to @Emotive Spirit

It's pretty good though I wish whoever made it hadn't added the text. It's one level too much to take in, what with lyrics and visual. Still worth a watch though.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 02 Jan 2021, 03:08

Hououin Kyouma wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 01:38
Emotive Spirit wrote:
Otherwise though I don't think anyone did a cover of it that I can find.

Took me a while but I found it. It's called 'Oats in the Water' by Ben Howard if you're curious
Emotive Spirit wrote:
I LOOOOVE the dark atmosphere of it too

Awesome, I fancy something new (to me) but old. Spent the day editing together a bit of an amv style video intro and it put me into the mood for some more classic style anime art. Plus I love a good dark atmosphere story.

On a sidenote, watching these amv's and doing that intro is making me want to try my hand at making one. Does anyone know how that works in terms of copyright? It'd be a shame to get a strike on a channel I've not even started yet :=D:
I'm not sure myself, but I could look research it if you want. Anything to help avoid a strike for some of that YouTube copyright technicality stuff, seeing as I've got a YT channel myself and know it would really make me mad if I did something but didn't do the homework on the copyrights. So I'll go ahead and look that up after posting this for you. ^.^ Another one you -might- like is Reign The Conqueror. It's about Alexander the Great but it's supernatural and embellished but let's face it, it wouldn't be fun without some supernatural dark forces added into Alexander the Great's story. lol It's another favorite of mine. It's another old one too. It's got an Aeon Flux feel to it and I think it's made by the same ones that made Aeon Flux actually.

Even not watching all of Attack on Titan (YET anyway) that video is pretty good. 8.5/10 but that's more because I'm wanting to know the story of AoT so badly but don't for now. Otherwise it would be a 9.5. The sound that Erin makes though as a Titan is the same sound as Ichigo's Hollow form which I thought was pretty awesome when I heard it. The song is really soulful too. Love the bluesy kind of sound to it but there's those guitar riffs done in such a way that makes me think despair, or on the edge of it.

Here's another anime gem I've loved ever since I saw it. Rave Master. It says the song, but the song is "I'm Not Afraid" by Masterplan.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Rate the AMV Above You

Post by Emotive » 09 Jan 2021, 03:17

I must've not noticed the YouTube bbcode had the wrong bracket at the end so the video wasn't showing. lol :sweatdrop: