Throw me your anime recommendations

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by softnlil » 26 Dec 2020, 18:55

Itachi wrote: โ†‘
12 Dec 2020, 22:56
What genre anime your into action, adventure, love stories, thrillers etc etc...? @Elf Feng

i'm in to anything and everything!! send me absolutely anything you recommend :3 I'm reading Gantz and rewatching Fruits Basket (remake) atm so my genres are definitely far and wild
หฑ ๐“ˆ’ ๐“ˆŠ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆ’ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆ‰ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆ’ โ”ˆ ๐“ˆŠ ๐“ˆ’ หฒ

โ‹†โ‹…สšย ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณย ษžโ‹…โ‹†
๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ 4 ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ! ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด
*โ€ข.ยธโ™ก ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ!!! โ™กยธ.โ€ข*
ย โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆ
โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พย ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ป๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅย โ˜ฝเผ“๏ฝฅ*หšโบโ€งอ™
ย 
๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜Œ๐˜ก ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ! ๐˜'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ <33
ย โ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆโ”ˆ
๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต

ย 

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 26 Dec 2020, 23:12

Tenjho Tenge (Excellent Martial Arts blended with Supernatural abilities and traditional Japanese elements)

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (Awesome reboot of Bubblegum Crisis that's actually a complete series with 1 season and EPIC)

X (the 1999 animation) (Epic storyline and total 90's adult eye candy with so much blood in the scenes!! No sex or anything, but incredibly violent)

Gungrave

Shaman King (Haven't seen it but I keep meaning to)

Devil May Cry (the animated series - I highly recommend but don't expect to see any Devil Trigger transformations because there aren't any DT forms Dante takes in it like he does in the games, that's my only complaint about it but otherwise it's topnotch imo)

The SoulTaker (One of my all-time favorite anime even to this day after watching it as an adolescent, 13 episodes long and TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! The gothic atmosphere of the story was just fully resonating with my mindset at the time and it is very dark)

Reign the Conqueror (a story about Alexander the Great with a lot of interesting twists to dramatize it, 13 episodes long but totally worth the watch)

Blue Gender (The story is awesome but I forgot most of it, something to do with a certain genetic anomaly of certain people that's later exploited to use those people as weapons against the Blue, giant bug-like monsters trying to kill humans)

Rave Master (Can't remember it much but I know I loved it)

Outlaw Star (VERY interesting story and likeable protagonist Gene Starwind)

Blood+ (Loved the story in that but I never watched Blood the Last Vampire which sounds like a good idea to do but I didn't think it was necessary to enjoy the series)

Black Cat (Loved it, especially the protagonist)

Chrono Crusade (Loved the whole story of this, but if you're going to watch it be prepared for an emotional ending :( )

Scryed (EPIC ANIME!!!! Martial Arts with Supernatural blended into it and totally action-packed!)

Claymore (A tragic story of loss and revenge with warrior women called "Claymores" because of the huge swords they always carry, also going by another moniker by the public which is mentioned in one of the earlier episodes, but there's only 1 season as it differs from the manga)

Ergo Proxy (A LOT of contemplation and following along with some episodes more than others, but worth every second, even the funny episodes lol)

Macross Plus Movie Edition (If you love mechs, you'll love this, but since this is the only Macross I've ever seen this is the only one I can recommend and know what I'm recommending, but the whole story is much more than just mechs)

RahXephon (is awesome to watch and really psychological, but the mechs aren't the typical mechs, they're alive and not really mechanical... very strange, but also very intriguing to watch the story)

Wolf's Rain (A sad story but meaningful too, unexpected ending and the journey along the way has all kinds of developments, wolves that appear human using some supernatural ability but I'm a little biased with this one since wolves have been my favorite animal since I was a little kid and still is even at 32, another emotional ending though that's kind of a mix several or more emotions)

Ronin Warriors (very similar to Knights of the Zodiac/Saint Seiya but focused more on Japanese legends and myths instead of Greek mythology)

Vampire Knight (Not usually my thing but this one was an exception since I was into vampires at the time and still recommend this to this day)

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 27 Dec 2020, 02:57

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Bel is a young swordsman trying to advance in the dungeon to catch the attentions of a girl, being watched over by his goddess, who has an interest in the young man herself. Unfortunately, the swordswoman he's interested in had to save him....

Burn the Witch

Two young women work in Reverse London to control dragons when they pop up.

Haibane Renmei

After dreaming she was falling from the sky, a young woman wakes up inside a walled city, with no memories of who she was or even her name - just like her winged companions, who welcome her as their newest member. She is now one of the Charcoal Feather Federation, waiting for her day to take flight....

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 27 Dec 2020, 16:29

With my recommendation of the WIXOSS franchise, there's also a spinoff series starting on the 8th January IIRC if you end up getting into the series and you're into TCGs with a magical girl theme
Imageย Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang