Urotsukidoji?

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Urotsukidoji?

Post by melanch0lic » 29 Oct 2020, 12:57

So has anyone else seen this monstrosity of a movie? I remember first encountering it when I was like 7 or 8 years old, back when Channel 4 used to screen anime at like 3am, and it was pretty disgusting D: I think it's a movie that many potential anime fans had seen but were then put off by Japanese animation due to the introduction of tentacle rape, a subject I find pretty sensitive as any rape is bad, even if it is in anime! I've been tempted to watch the sequels to it, but wanted to see other peoples' opinions of it first! Does anyone have any experience with Urotsukidoji or the other series by Toshio Maeda known as La Blue Girl? The latter being somewhat influence for its use of tentacle rape, the thought of it makes me shudder >_< 
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Urotsukidoji?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 16 Nov 2020, 05:53

Yea I watched this a few times about 22 years ago lol I actually really enjoyed it at the time. The over-the-top phallic imagery aside the story is quite good.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Urotsukidoji?

Post by melanch0lic » 16 Nov 2020, 21:24

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 05:53
Yea I watched this a few times about 22 years ago lol I actually really enjoyed it at the time. The over-the-top phallic imagery aside the story is quite good.

What do you think of it now? The over-the-top sex/rape scenes really ruin it, so if you don't enjoy that part of it there's a chance you may not like this set of movies at all :<

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Urotsukidoji?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 17 Nov 2020, 06:57

melanch0lic wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 21:24
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

What do you think of it now? The over-the-top sex/rape scenes really ruin it, so if you don't enjoy that part of it there's a chance you may not like this set of movies at all :<
It's still a good movie. Deliverance has one of the most brutal rape scenes in it yet it's touted as a classic movie. I get why it would put people off and why some people wouldn't wanna watch it but to me a separation of art and reality is needed at times.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Urotsukidoji?

Post by melanch0lic » 18 Nov 2020, 01:13

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 06:57
melanch0lic wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 21:24
Nishizono Shinji wrote:

It's still a good movie. Deliverance has one of the most brutal rape scenes in it yet it's touted as a classic movie. I get why it would put people off and why some people wouldn't wanna watch it but to me a separation of art and reality is needed at times.

yeah i know exactly what you mean... i'm sure if i could get past the brutality of the rape scenes i'd really enjoy the storyline, as for a hentai movie it does actually have a decent story that doesn't completely revolve around sex so i'd class it as a horror movie as opposed to a hentai i guess... it's definitely unique however and seeing as it was the first movie which introduced the concept of tentacle rape i suppose i should have respect for it - other examples, such as La Blue Girl, however takes the tentacle genre to a different level, a series which I believe was also created by Toshio Maeda (the artist who created Urotsukidoji all those years ago) :3