Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ioreth
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ioreth » 13 Oct 2020, 23:21

Anyone watching the InuYasha sequel Yashahime? I want to talk about it cmon let’s go!

First impressions are good. I like that it is a nostalgia trip but still incorporates the new skool too. The twins are my favorite! But I was definitely like damn ok I see you Sota... >_>

I enjoyed the ending theme better than the opening but I like that it was a call back to the first season opening. Needless to say, I would have died if it was by BoA or Every Little Thing lol.

Looking forward to seeing more about the 3 pearls and hoping the sequel includes a lot of the Japanese folklore that InuYasha fans have come to expect.

What about chu guys? Impressions? What do you wanna see/are looking forward to?

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 14 Oct 2020, 00:03

Nice to see you Ioreth! Unfortunately, I've not caught this one yet. I'll have to go see if I can find it anywhere.

Ioreth
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ioreth » 14 Oct 2020, 00:25

It’s available on Hulu or Funimation, I know that. New episodes on Saturdays. Strongly recommend if you like anything by Rumiko Takahashi, especially InuYasha.

So, my buddy says to me, I can’t believe Sesshomaru had kids, and I says well he’s gone soft obviously. But then I remember that InuTaisho gives him the Tenseiga to thaw his cold heart and love a human blah blah blah. This way, he becomes dynamic in character right? Thus we have the twins, divided by time.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 17 Oct 2020, 03:40

I love YashaHime.
My 15 year old self was risen from the ashes.

Sesshomaru having twins and being a dad literally gives me life.
I need to know where the fuck is Kagome and Rin (yes, I dont accept anyone other than Rin as the twins' mom). And also Sango and Miroku.

And Moroha is fuckin adorable and the spittin image of Inuyasha.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 17 Oct 2020, 03:41

Oh and the little music that is also from the old series is a nice touch. Nostalgia hit me hard.

Kohaku is a snacc

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2020, 13:49

I’ve been enjoying it so far. It’s definitely one of the best this season.

I’m interested in discovering what the three pearls are about.

I actually didn’t know who the father and mothers are or if they were related to previous characters. I’m curious where you discovered that?
本好きの下剋上

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 17 Oct 2020, 16:13

Lord Myne wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 13:49

I actually didn’t know who the father and mothers are or if they were related to previous characters. I’m curious where you discovered that?

When the series was announced (and the series synopsis) reveals the twins are Sesshomaru's daughters and Moroha is Inuyasha and Kagome's kid. The "mystery" is the twins' mother. Although the entire fandom is 98% sure its Rin.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 21 Oct 2020, 20:29

Vivix wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 16:13
Lord Myne wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 13:49

When the series was announced (and the series synopsis) reveals the twins are Sesshomaru's daughters and Moroha is Inuyasha and Kagome's kid. The "mystery" is the twins' mother. Although the entire fandom is 98% sure its Rin.
I missed that, thanks.

In the third episode it confirmed all of that. I guess the mother is suppose to remain a mystery and may be revealed in the last episode.
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 21 Oct 2020, 21:48

I didn't watch inuyasha. Can I watch yashahime?
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 22 Oct 2020, 01:36

Yes, it’ll fill you in enough that you’ll enjoy it.

Though you will miss out on some key ideas.
本好きの下剋上

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 22 Oct 2020, 04:35

Episode 3 heavily implies Rin is dead.
Sesshomaru takes the twins as newborns. Kaede never mentions Rin in this story, bur Rin lived with Kaede. If Rin was alive, Sesshy wouldn't have simply whisked his daughters away from their mother.
Plus, the fact that , according to the episode 4 preview, Rin is on the sacred tree with Kikyo also hints at her death.
A theory says Sesshy bound Rin to the sacred tree before dying so her soul would live on in it.

Either way, its 97% sure Rin is dead and I fuckin hate it. I spent 15 years of my life shipping Sesshy x Rin, then excited over hopefully seeing them as a family just to have Rin be dead. I better get some damn flashbacks

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 22 Oct 2020, 04:38

Momogari wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 21:48
I didn't watch inuyasha. Can I watch yashahime?

First episode gives a very summarized recap on the story and characters. But a lot of details and key moments will be lost to you. And especially key development from characters like Sesshomaru.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 25 Oct 2020, 01:12

Episode 4 is out and I have more questions than answers.

1. Moroha virtually has no idea who her mother is. Why is that? Why does she not know her mom's name? In extension, Kagome lived with Kaede and surely gave birth there. Why does Kaede not know who Moroha is?

2. Rin is not dead. But her body lingers in the Sacred Tree. Its likrly Sesshy placed her body there before it died. Or if she wasn't to die, maybe he had it there to keep her safe from Kirinmaru or whatever other danger lurked. On that thought, he probably took his daughters away to either keep them away from Kirinmaru or maybe so they grow up on their own and fulfill their fate to defeat him and Kirinmaru. Does this mean the twins will also face each other? Or does Sesshy hope they break that cycle?

3. More importantly, where are Inuyasha and Kagome? Why have they not been mentioned? Episode 1 we have a guy tell Towa their story. Ep 1 implies they have long been in the Feudal Era. So why does he tell them about Inuyasha and Kagome? Why did Kaede not tell them? Perhaps everyone has virtually forgotten about their existence. Maybe Kirinmaru manipulated their memories, or another form of the dream butterflt affected them.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 01 Nov 2020, 23:02

Episode 5

1. Apparently Kaede does know Moroha is Kagome's kid. Myoga clearly knows her entire parentege. So why doesn't Moroha know? Why is no one concerned about it? Why has no one tried to tell her who her parents are or where to find them?

2. Moroha allegedly killed Tokotsu. But its implied she never did. In thay case, why was it made so she looked like she killed him?

3. Moroha has the red paint Inu No Taisho gave Izayoi. Its likely only Inuyasha would have that, or Myoga gave it to her. We don't know how she got it. But if she has it, why doesn't she know of her family? A theory implies she has Inu No Taisho's spirit as a form of reincarnation but its unlikely.

4. Myoga is surprised to hear Kirinmaru is planning to take the world back to a degenrate state, implying its out of character. Is Kirinmaru truly the enemy, or is someone else pulling the strings? I don't think the Tree of Ages lied to the girls. Or maybe the Tree is somehow an enemy too and is the reason Rin is there? Maybe Sesshomaru doesn't have much of a choice but to follow along for Rin's sake. The Tree did say that "if he abandons her she won't ever wake up again."

Again, more question and no answers.
I am dying. I love it though.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 15 Nov 2020, 02:55

I just caught up to the most recent episode 7. I was on episode 3 before today.

And it’s true there are more questions then answers so far. Episode 7 though finally connects the prelude with it.

But it does hint at the last pearl may be pulling the strings.

I’d wager the demon butterflies have a larger role with taking memories then what has been revealed so far.
本好きの下剋上