Good anime / manga to watch and read

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Daisyuzumaki
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Daisyuzumaki » 20 Aug 2020, 23:08

1. Boruto
Writer know the main villain has descended on the village in the leafs will Naruto , Sasuke and Boruto be able to defeat him?

2.BNHA
Another one bites the dust but who is it read this week’s chapter to find out.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 21 Aug 2020, 00:58

Yuyu Hakusho will always be the best answer.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 30 Aug 2020, 20:17

City Hunter, both, Manga and his Anime's. It's an 1980's series, but if you don't mind … \ (^ __ ^) /
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

schultzrupert
United States of America

Achievements

Post by schultzrupert » 01 Sep 2020, 08:32

I just love watching Naruto Shippuden, when it's over and start Boruto, it becomes not as good as it used to be. Using to many tools makes it not like the first season. Therefore, I do not care much about that part  

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 01 Sep 2020, 10:09

The Slayers & all related arcs are my recommendation, there's like 112 episodes altogether but for a series from the 90s it still holds up well, Lina Inverse is easily my favourite anime character of all time as she provides some comedic element as well as the action etc etc ^^
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 02 Sep 2020, 15:57

Sonic X

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 02 Sep 2020, 17:28

Netflix' Castlevania series.

They did an amazing job at creating an original story based on the games despite it following the usual Belmont vs Dracula formula. Got a really nice blend of Action, Drama and Comedy. Dracula isn't just evil either which is nice. Always good to see a villain with a good reason to their cause and not just "Lmao lets just kill everyone.".

Also has one of the best renditions of Bloody Tears yet.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 03 Sep 2020, 16:03

melanch0lic wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:09
The Slayers & all related arcs are my recommendation, there's like 112 episodes altogether but for a series from the 90s it still holds up well, Lina Inverse is easily my favourite anime character of all time as she provides some comedic element as well as the action etc etc ^^

Ooouh yeah! Fully agree!! Slayers was one of the best fantasy shows in the 90's.

I will also recommend "Cowboy Bebop" sure many has already watched, but is one of those you can re-watch several times. \__(^__^)__/ Banzaii!
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

darkjdp
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by darkjdp » 05 Sep 2020, 06:53

city hunter is the best anime ever made!!!

Initial D comes in second!

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 05 Sep 2020, 15:16

Ekkun wrote:
03 Sep 2020, 16:03
melanch0lic wrote:

Ooouh yeah! Fully agree!! Slayers was one of the best fantasy shows in the 90's.

I will also recommend "Cowboy Bebop" sure many has already watched, but is one of those you can re-watch several times. \__(^__^)__/ Banzaii!

i do need to watch Cowboy Bebop, i'll definitely watch it as soon as i'm finished with Rurouni Kenshin (which btw is fucking awesome!) :3

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 05 Sep 2020, 15:17

darkjdp wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 06:53
city hunter is the best anime ever made!!!

Initial D comes in second!

initial D is amazing, especially the soundtrack - Night Of Fire is so much fun! <3 (sorry for the double-post)

GokuRK
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by GokuRK » 04 Oct 2020, 13:01

I've just picked up the first episode of Dragon Quest the adventure of Dai which is pretty fun. I'm also re watching the vision of escaflowne forgot how good it is
Sweet Dreamerx

Itachi
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Itachi » 04 Oct 2020, 23:50

For me it's always gonna be Fist of the North Star, Dragonball Z, Saint Seiya, Getbackers, Cobra Space Adventure, Naruto Shippuden those are cult and great animes from the past that I can recommend you to check out!! :=D:

"Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail."

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 16 Oct 2020, 20:37

GokuRK wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 13:01
I've just picked up the first episode of Dragon Quest the adventure of Dai which is pretty fun. I'm also re watching the vision of escaflowne forgot how good it is
@GokuRK DQ- AoD
You mean the new series? (2020 airing now...) or the older one ... from the 1990's ... ?
I have watched the older one in my young ages ... TT__TT

Escaflowne, YEAH! this is another great anime I have the Collector DVD Editions.  I wish it where re-released in BD.  TT__TT 
Back on the forum topic
... Series I will to recommend: GITS-SAC 1, & 2 Seasons ... in general EVERYTHING from Shirow-KAMISAMA-sensei.  :dance: :dance: :dance:  XDDD
(... also to read the Manga, which are just 3 Volumen. GitS, 1, 1.5, & GitS 2 Manmachine interface )

Other 2 series I will recommend are:  :<3:

Gunnm (AKA: Battle Angel Alita, Yukito Kishiro)  :soul: :soul: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Angel_Alita#Manga
Late 1980's Cyber-Punk. This is quite large... has 3 parts.
- Gunnm, with 9 Vols (reduced to just 6 in Deluxe Ed.)
- Gunnm: Last Order, 19 Vols.
and the most recent open in publication;
- Gunnm; Mars Chronicle. about 7 or 8 ... and open.  :smoke: :smoke:

Sazan aizu ( AKA: 3x3 eyes ) Yuzo Takada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3×3_Eyes
also quite long ... 40 or so Vols. ( Spanish new edition is just 24 Vols. in Deluxe Edition ( like 2 in 1) ( ^ ____________ ^ )  I was AGES!!!! Waiting for this re-edition!!!!   :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 18 Oct 2020, 04:23

melanch0lic wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 15:16
Ekkun wrote:
03 Sep 2020, 16:03
melanch0lic wrote:

i do need to watch Cowboy Bebop, i'll definitely watch it as soon as i'm finished with Rurouni Kenshin (which btw is fucking awesome!) :3

The manga is interesting too, don't miss that.