Your favourite anime opening/ending theme tunes?

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 18 Oct 2020, 12:20

miserableatbest wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 12:14
I will say, Attack On Titan absolutely smash theme tunes

they're decent, but they don't stand up to anime theme tunes from the 90s in comparison - this is the one thing recent series needs to improve, there hasn't been a real catchy theme tune since Slayers NEXT or maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion, the music composers of the anime industry need to up their game if they want to be remembered 15/20 years down the line D:

i'm not sure if i've posted this one but it's also one of my favourites c:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nuggies » 18 Oct 2020, 12:42

melanch0lic wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 12:20
they're decent, but they don't stand up to anime theme tunes from the 90s in comparison - this is the one thing recent series needs to improve, there hasn't been a real catchy theme tune since Slayers NEXT or maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion, the music composers of the anime industry need to up their game if they want to be remembered 15/20 years down the line D:

Ah, the thing with the 90's is that they had a very dance background that gave them that incredible "Eurovision cheese" feel to them!

A lot of my favourite music from anime these days doesn't actually come from the themes but the music in the actual episodes.

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 18 Oct 2020, 12:50

miserableatbest wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 12:42
Ah, the thing with the 90's is that they had a very dance background that gave them that incredible "Eurovision cheese" feel to them!

A lot of my favourite music from anime these days doesn't actually come from the themes but the music in the actual episodes.

ah i know what you mean, like the Slayers NEXT theme is my absolute favourite but when i listen to it i do get a cheesy vibe from it - i appreciate that however, you can tell that the producers have taken their job seriously in producing a theme tune that sticks in your head as people are still enjoying it 20+ years after it was released, but you're right about music that's in the actual episodes, Gravitation (for example) has a playlist that is really quite enjoyable even if it only appears in maybe 2 or 3 episodes :3 i'm quite passionate about 90s anime, hence my rambling response so my apologies for making you read this much!

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nuggies » 18 Oct 2020, 13:24

melanch0lic wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 12:50

ah i know what you mean, like the Slayers NEXT theme is my absolute favourite but when i listen to it i do get a cheesy vibe from it - i appreciate that however, you can tell that the producers have taken their job seriously in producing a theme tune that sticks in your head as people are still enjoying it 20+ years after it was released, but you're right about music that's in the actual episodes, Gravitation (for example) has a playlist that is really quite enjoyable even if it only appears in maybe 2 or 3 episodes :3 i'm quite passionate about 90s anime, hence my rambling response so my apologies for making you read this much!

Ah, ramble as much as you need to!

My favourite is still "Fairy Tail main theme", purely because of how Yasuharu Takanashi has managed to implement it so effortlessly in so many different ways to suit the theme of an episode, or part of an episode. If you have never cried whilst watching this show, partly for the music, you have no heart  😅

But yeah, Yasuharu Takanashi did most of the in episode music for Fairy Tail and most of it is spectacular. Would put it up there with my all time OST's.

The Main Theme

Then they slow it down and completely change it, usually when nothing is going right and they're on the verge of defeat. Cue inspirational monologue about love and friendship that brings tears to the eyes.

And to top it off, they made it sadder

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 18 Oct 2020, 18:29

space dandy s1 opening and ending :P

SpInNy FinGeRS

Ttosk
Veteran Member
Canada

Achievements

Post by Ttosk » 18 Oct 2020, 19:08

Seen so mant anime. Hard to pick.

I like

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 08 Nov 2020, 07:17

[youtube]MnY4IWwlzQo&t[/youtube]

I've got more but these should be good for now. :D

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 08 Nov 2020, 12:10

not sure if i've already posted these so if i have then my apologies! these next 2 links are remixes of the original, which some of you may enjoy :3!

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 08 Nov 2020, 23:15

hahaha
hahahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHA

had to :P UwU

SpInNy FinGeRS

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 08 Nov 2020, 23:19

Oh my word I was trying to find that last video since your last livestream @Dark XD thanks for helping find it lol

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 08 Nov 2020, 23:38

Here's some more as I remember the names of the anime: ^^ I still might remember more. lol

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 09 Nov 2020, 04:34

i find it fun to sing along to the end of the song (what's in english at least)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2020, 04:45

Lolin wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 04:34

i find it fun to sing along to the end of the song (what's in english at least)
I find myself doing that too when I know how the words sound anyway, or I watch the opening or ending enough times to commit it to memory. Other times I just try and don't get the sound right but keep doing it anyway. lol When you get into the spirit of the song you can't help it, and nothin's wrong with that. :D

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 09 Nov 2020, 22:14

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
08 Nov 2020, 23:19
Oh my word I was trying to find that last video since your last livestream @Dark XD thanks for helping find it lol

np XD XD

SpInNy FinGeRS

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 16 Nov 2020, 21:57

Right from now I would say this one!

But WHAT DO I LOVE MORE than the tune! is the pijama the Catgirl is wearing from Second 0:19 throughout 0:29  :<3: :<3: :<3:
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981