series with repetitive scenes

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

WorldIsMine
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

series with repetitive scenes

Post by WorldIsMine » 04 May 2020, 05:12

we're talking something like sailor moon or gundam where several frames of animation are reused, probably to pad time or because it's a fan favorite super move or a cool transformation. they're considerably less common in newer series

what's your take on these repetitions? love 'em, hate 'em?

personally i usually enjoy them, but i can completely understand if someone hates them

i'm currently digging sailor moon transformations and poses

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: series with repetitive scenes

Post by unoduetre » 04 May 2020, 05:19

I love Sailor Moon! I watched it as a child. The transformation sequences were really cool, despite being repeated. Sailor Moon is probably the main reason why I'm such a huge fan of the magical girl genre now.

But I'm in general not a fan of repetition. Some visual repetition is acceptable for me in older anime (I understand the "technical" reason behind it). Maybe not so much in newer anime, because the technology progressed.

But I really hated anime like Yattaman as a child. All episodes had almost identical scenarios. And they reused a lot of the scenes. I think that anime was rubbish.

KoishiKomeiji257
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: series with repetitive scenes

Post by KoishiKomeiji257 » 09 May 2020, 16:02

Pretty sure Neo Genesis Evangelion has a few repetitive scenes. But, it's fun cause a lot of them I don't think the character would be able to react any other way.