My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

Post by Tanya » 07 Apr 2020, 11:47

I saw this anime as a Light novel available back in November and decided to pass on it.

I watched the first episode and found it entertaining. So I picked up the first Light Novel and it’s entertaining as well.

I’ll add more to this first post later.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Re: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

Post by Tanya » 07 Apr 2020, 23:58

I've finished reading the first Light Novel, it was just a fun read. My guess it the first three episodes will cover it. There are currently 4 books published in English and one coming out soon. So far there are a total of 8 books and that might be all for this series, as it was July of last year when the eighth book was released. Maybe that means 24 episodes?

Who knows, I think it'll only cover the first 4 books.
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom

Post by Momogari » 23 Apr 2020, 23:02

Eight-year-old Katarina Claes is the only daughter of a duke, living her life peacefully and without incident until she hits her head on a rock... and then remembers that she is not actually the duke's daughter. She used to be an otaku who died on her way to school after spending the previous night playing Fortune Lover, her favorite otome game. After noticing that her current surroundings seem oddly familiar, she is shocked to discover that she has been reincarnated into the world of Fortune Lover as the villainess.

The villainess in the game usually winds up dead or exiled, so Katarina decides to use her knowledge of the game and its routes to avoid any bad situations. But is it even possible for the villainess to reach a good ending?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38555/Oto ... teshimatta

This show is better than the description. Cute and funny so far.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Re: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom

Post by Momogari » 23 Apr 2020, 23:03

haha

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 23 Apr 2020, 23:06

Yeah, a topic was made awhile ago for this show.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 23 Apr 2020, 23:13

Oh, so it was.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 25 Apr 2020, 18:12

Lord Myne wrote:I've finished reading the first Light Novel, it was just a fun read. My guess it the first three episodes will cover it. There are currently 4 books published in English and one coming out soon. So far there are a total of 8 books and that might be all for this series, as it was July of last year when the eighth book was released. Maybe that means 24 episodes?

Who knows, I think it'll only cover the first 4 books.

Really only 8 books!?
that is short.
I might try it. I like the anime, quite absurd, especially when she meet in her brain with her other 'alter-ego' XDD.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 25 Apr 2020, 18:23

Ekkun wrote:Really only 8 books!?
that is short.
I might try it. I like the anime, quite absurd, especially when she meet in her brain with her other 'alter-ego' XDD.

The alter egos have different names in the LN, but it happens in it as well.

Right it won't take long to read the whole series.

But they all aren't translated into English yet.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 25 Apr 2020, 20:32

Episode 4 was hilarious as expected. Catrina remains clueless and kind hearted.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 26 Apr 2020, 02:35

So my roommate has this cat. It's kinda fat. And very lazy. It will make some modicum of effort for pets, but apart from that, it seems to have only one use for any expense of effort. No matter how you lock away its food, it will get to it. Any bag will be torn open, any door pried open somehow. If you put a bag of groceries in the kitchen, it will be in it within minutes. When you are eating, it will stand next your chair on its hind legs and eye your food like a meerkat. Twice this week I have heard crinkling in my room to go in and find the cat's head in a bag of corn chips. Otherwise, it sleeps. It sleeps all day. It does not run. It does not play. It does not care if it spends the entire day in a closet (it did, when it first arrived here). There is only one use for its effort, and that is food. It is a food-motivated cat.

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 30 Apr 2020, 00:29

Episode 4 started where the 2nd LN starts basically so I’m thinking episode 5 is going to get action heavy considering episode 6 is likely end book 2. Thing is a lot happens in volume 2. Seems odd they’d suddenly stretch out events but I suppose they could add a bunch of fillers.

Seems right now the anime will end where volume 4 ends judging by pace. The intro and ending sequence however suggests it’ll end where volume 2 ends. I figured it’d be like that. Since it seems not a lot of interesting and fun plots are on the way.

You know I’m not upset that 3 episodes are basically covering each LN.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 30 Apr 2020, 02:24

I just finished reading volume 4 of the LN. I'm fairly sure the last three episodes are about it, the ending of it won't see the light of day in the anime.

The anime has skipped all the story about the other characters completely, or should I say their point of views.

I mean if the anime actually slows down and takes a back seat for a bit which an even coming up would give such an opportunity it'd open up for the perspective of a lot other characters to take place that it has just been skipping.

So that might actually be what happens and the anime does end up ending upon the conclusion of volume 2 which incidentally would make more sense than ending it where volume 3 or 4 ends. In a way volume 2 ends a way in which continued anime episodes aren't expected. Unfortunately the next two volumes don't, they end cliffhangers which make it obvious another volume is coming.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 03 May 2020, 15:48

ep 5 was great.

The ending was the best.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 04 May 2020, 11:35

Yes, it was.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 05 May 2020, 09:57

poor thing! I wont deal with her mum.

Yep, definitely was funny one! I think I'll try the LN in which is based.
sure is funniest than the anime, and explain a bit more things has cut for adaptation.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981