What anime should I watch during lockdown?

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

ziderX

What anime should I watch during lockdown?

Post by ziderX » 20 Mar 2020, 20:28

Plz give me long anime suggestions to keep my busy cuz I'm already bored of lockdown and this is the first day

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: What anime should I watch during lockdown?

Post by unoduetre » 20 Mar 2020, 20:47

[mention=121632]ziderX[/mention]

It's not very long, but watch Shin Sekai Yori

If you want something longer after that, you can go deep into the Fate series. :)

ziderX

Post by ziderX » 20 Mar 2020, 20:51

unoduetre wrote:[mention=121632]ziderX[/mention]

It's not very long, but watch Shin Sekai Yori

If you want something longer after that, you can go deep into the Fate series. :)
What's it bout

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 20 Mar 2020, 22:49

I won't spoil Shin Sekai Yori.

It's probably the best anime I've ever seen. Just don't get discouraged by the first couple of episodes. It's not what it looks like.

The Fate series is a really great urban fantasy. The watching order: Fate/stay night (the TV series), Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works, anything else e.g. Fate/Zero

I can tell you more if you want.

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 20 Mar 2020, 22:56

I suggest Netflix. It has a wide range of anime at the moment from The Fate Series, Angel Beats, Kabaneri, B The Beginning. It even has Studio Ghibli movies and some Naruto movies.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 23 Mar 2020, 04:39

Inuyasha ran forever. They'd show it on Adult Swim/Toonami and would restart the series when they ran out of dubbed episodes. Rewatched a lot of episodes that way. It's about a half-demon who wanted the Shikon Jewel to become a full demon, but falls for the priestess who'd it been entrusted to, in order to purify the gem. Something happens, and Inuyasha gets impaled against a tree by a sacred arrow by mortally wounded Priestess Kikyo, who believed he had tricked her in order to get the jewel - but it was someone else. She is cremated with the gem.

Jump to the modern world, Kagome falls into a well at the shrine her family takes care of - but she winds up traveling back in time and runs into Inuyasha. She's attacked and she frees the half-demon to defend her - which he does, because she looks so much like the long dead Kikyo. But before he can do much, Kikyo's younger sister, now an old woman, gets a sacred beaded necklass on Inuyasha which allows Kagome to order him to "sit" - and slams him into the ground. It turns out she has the Shikon Jewel, and others are after it.

Is there anything you enjoy for anime? I might make better suggestions.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 23 Mar 2020, 21:46

[mention=17199]Expendable[/mention], that is a rally grea plot sumary.
I have watche 2 or 3 first season ( about 50-70 episodes) and really enjoy it. But it was long, long, LONG before Stream services… whe only Fansub at low 4:3 screen rates and Pal/ntsc vido formats ... (so when DVD's where a new thing into the market and a Lots of us have our anime collection in VHS Tapes. )

[mention=121632]ziderX[/mention] if you try Inuyasha, I would recomend to search for other few Rumiko Takahashi's adaptations. There several OVA's and few movies.
Also Ranma nibun no Ichi (Aka; Ranma 1/2)

A boy training with his father on Martial arts, goes to Special region in China… very famous for martial arts master to training

His fathe had has made a promise with his old friend, to marry their childrens …

So then Ranma and his father Gemma Saotome, return to Japan after their training to fullfil that old promise ...

Soun Tendo, his old friend has 3 daughters... and Ranma has to pick up one to marry...

and that is withoud spoilers all can I tell you.

If you like Martial arts, and crazy comedies... it will suit you.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 23 Mar 2020, 21:51

ziderX wrote:Plz give me long anime suggestions to keep my busy cuz I'm already bored of lockdown and this is the first day

[mention=17199]Expendable[/mention]
that's a really great plot summary.
  Spoiler:  
I have watched 2 or 3 first season ( about 50-70 episodes) and really enjoy it. But it was long, long, LONG before Stream services… whe only Fansub at low 4:3 screen rates and Pal/ntsc video formats ... (so when DVD's where a new thing into the market and a Lots of us have our anime collection in VHS Tapes. )

if you try and like Inuyasha, I also would recommend you to search for other few Rumiko Takahashi's adaptations.
There are several OVA's and few movies. unrelate in between they shels, moustly '80 and 90's Anime. but still quite good classics!!

Also Ranma nibun no Ichi (Aka; Ranma 1/2) :smoke: :smoke:

This is an Olde]/b] School "Slice of live/ Gakkuen" comedy: :dance: :soul:

A boy training with his father on Martial arts, goes to Special region in China… very famous for martial arts master to training

His father had has made a promise with his old friend, to marry their children …

So then Ranma and his father Gemma Saotome, return to Japan after their training to fulfil that old promise ...

Soun Tendo, his old friend has 3 daughters... and Ranma has to pick up one to marry...

and that is without spoilers all can I tell you.

貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 23 Mar 2020, 23:18

I recommend Escalfowne. It is an old school anime about a young girl that gets pulled into a world of Angels and Dragons. It's very good and worth watching.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 23 Mar 2020, 23:44

Serial Experiment Lain, if you still have not watchet it.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 24 Mar 2020, 00:07

Ekkun wrote:[mention=17199]Expendable[/mention]
that's a really great plot summary.

Thanks!
Ekkun wrote:
  Spoiler:  
I have watched 2 or 3 first season ( about 50-70 episodes) and really enjoy it. But it was long, long, LONG before Stream services… whe only Fansub at low 4:3 screen rates and Pal/ntsc video formats ... (so when DVD's where a new thing into the market and a Lots of us have our anime collection in VHS Tapes. )

if you try and like Inuyasha, I also would recommend you to search for other few Rumiko Takahashi's adaptations.
There are several OVA's and few movies. unrelate in between they shels, moustly '80 and 90's Anime. but still quite good classics!!

Also Ranma nibun no Ichi (Aka; Ranma 1/2) :smoke: :smoke:

This is an Olde]/b] School "Slice of live/ Gakkuen" comedy: :dance: :soul:

His father had has made a promise with his old friend, to marry their children …

So then Ranma and his father Gemma Saotome, return to Japan after their training to fulfil that old promise ...

and that is without spoilers all can I tell you.

I like the "Anything Goes" school of Martial Arts. Ranma 1/2 is a good romantic comedy, if you're into that.

Ekkun wrote:Serial Experiment Lain, if you still have not watchet it.

It's only six episodes, but powerful.

I'd also suggest FLCL in all its flavors for something... different.

What sort of anime do you enjoy?

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 24 Mar 2020, 03:06

Well, 6 Episodes the original one.
…then the 2 new ones; FLCL ALTERNAITVE, and FLCL Progressive.
of another 6 each. then will be a total of 18 episodes ...

Also, just remember of it, Golden Boy.
(^.^)/~~~

Itachi
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Itachi » 01 Apr 2020, 22:52

Naruto Shippuden!

"Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail."

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 03 Apr 2020, 00:34

Ekkun wrote:
Also, just remember of it, Golden Boy.
(^.^)/~~~

That's an old one. A bit weird, yes.

Keilonrich22
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Keilonrich22 » 03 Apr 2020, 20:44

gintama is good both action and comedy it should keep you occupied