I wish manga had more page numbers

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

I wish manga had more page numbers

Post by Jongriffin » 14 Feb 2020, 18:57

I know this sounds silly. But I do wish manga had more page numbers. There is a reason I feel this way. One day I got the last volume of Ranma 1/2 from Ebay, but when I did, I noticed there was a section that didn't flow very well. I didn't immediately catch it. I figured it out though when I noticed a discrepancy in pacing. So I went back and counted the page numbers, and sure enough it was missing a page. But I didn't know that originally because page numbers aren't on all the pages. I had to find where a page number was and then count the other pages until I reached another page number.

One of the most recent mangas I have is Samurai Crusader Vol 2: However, it's ten pages shorter than what Amazon lists it as. Therefore, I don't know if it's missing some pages. Worse, the end page, which read, the end, does not have a page number on it. Can't manga always at least have page numbers on their last pages just to make sure all the pages are there? In the end, at least put a page number on the very last page.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Re: I wish manga had more page numbers

Post by Momogari » 15 Feb 2020, 14:51

Hm. I don't have this problem, since I don't often read paper manga.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue