Light novels chat and recommendations

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 15 May 2020, 22:28

Nice light novels list, i have only really gotten more into LNs in the last year. The ones I am currently reading aswell is That time i got reincarnated as a slime (up to volume 7. waiting on volume 8), no game no life (volume 7), sword art online (volume 17), goblin slayer (own up to volume 7 but only read 1 and 2) and on volume 10 of konosuba. Saga of Tanya of the Evil and Re:Zero is on my list, as i really liked the anime. Rising of the shield hero would another great one to add as the anime covers from 1 - 6.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 07 Jul 2020, 22:37

just bought this
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... 1d6b1bfbee

sounds like something I'd enjoy.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 08 Jul 2020, 00:06

I’ve read the first book and enjoyed it. I still need to finish the 2nd book
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 13 Jul 2020, 10:07

woow, I'm far behind I just started reading LN with -That time I got reincarnated as Slime- but didn't finished the first Vol...
So far I've read Honzuki no Gekokujou ( aka Bookworm series) Up to date (with J-Novel Premium subscription, just mainly for this title. XDD ) Magic & Knights LN  Vol 3, started with the 4th. (Aslo radig the Manga by CR)
  Spoiler:  
@Lord Myne @Momogari  Are you ready for -Last ??- bunch of Chapter of Part 3, Vol 1 !!
:smoke: :smoke:  Didn't I say to make my Abilities average in the next Live?! I've readed further than what has been published in English by Seven Seas. ( i still needing to buy last printed Volume 9 of it). 
JK Haru is a sex worker in Another world Vol 1, sitl like half of Vol 2. 

And also I started with; A wild last Boss appeared!, Vol 1 (J-NC bunch part 3 -about 7-9 chaps-)... and The Magic in this other world is too far behind Vol 1, Started Vol 2. Sexiled, (I've read prologue and Chap 1)

I wanna read: ...
A certain Majutsu no Index ( and sub series) ...
Altina the Sword princess,
Arifureta, and sub-series
If is for my daughter... 
My next live as a Villainess ...
Record of wortenia War
Slayers, [from this I have watched all 3 TV series, but not yet the movies T_T ]
Toradora, 
Welcome to Japan Ms. Elf

... and if I manage to finish this, while watching anime, manga and more... Don't know how large my wish list will become. TT__TT

貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 27 Sep 2020, 14:53

Been to long since I've been back here.

I've read some of the above, but not most of them.

I started Slayers, I've read most of My next life as a Villainess.

I'm currently reading I Refuse to Be Your Enemy! Volume 2 among others

I've been reading quite a variety of LNs as of late.

I Refuse to Be Your Enemy! is an Isekai at least the main character thinks she is. She has dreams and memories of a past life in Japan. Initially she just thought they were dreams. The author definitely stated it's an Isekai though.

I like the approach. This story somewhat of a mix genre but it's Shoujo. It has handsome men who are gentlemen all over in it. The main character is a girl.

A difference though is the main character is a sorcerer or becomes ones, which it hints at the first volume. By the end of it she does become one, bit of a spoiler but I think that's obvious.

The men play heroic roles too of course as warriors mainly.

Now how it isn't a normal Shoujo it's story about war and battles. There aren't many battles of course nor are they the focus. The story evolves more around the girl and her emotions and feeling toward the men. But yes a war is taking place and since the war is what is driving the plot it has a profound influence on events and how they effect her. Anyways I find the story to be interesting and looking forward to reading more of it.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 27 Sep 2020, 16:46

Yep, I also started Slayers with nostalgia from having watched the anime. near to catch with what has been published weekly by J-novel.
I also started a shojo or similiar kind of. "I'll never put a feet back on this House" The plot is kind of 18th Century with Magic. where the people at age of twelve awake some "special skills" and the main Character can create any kind of seed. ... I wonder where the plot will drive to.

Also reach reach all j-novel published of " A wild last Boss appeared". This is a Video game based Isekai. with an EXTREMELY OVERPOWER main character ... (quite a trope for this kind of LN's) ... at first the plot catch my interest ...
The MC, know as "The great conqueror" get defeated ... and 200 year after those events ... Typical Otaku awakes as his PC ( Player Character) in the the MMRPG he was playing... summoned as a "Hero" to defeat the Devil King ...

... Also started "Arifureta, from common place..." 
so I didn't feel to follow the list order I has had published in my previous post. hehe
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 27 Sep 2020, 17:22

I see, I haven't started Arifureta. Not sure if I will, though I might, the anime was a little interesting.

I'm on volume 3 of A Wild Last Boss appeared. Some interesting sub plots have developed. I'm still unsure overall if I want to continue it though.

I like the Alchemist who Survived quite a lot until the 3rd volume. Now I'm losing interest. I'll try to read it though at least, after all I already bought the LN.
本好きの下剋上

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 28 Sep 2020, 13:06

Can someone recommend me a light novel? I'm into science fiction, horror and isekai/fantasy.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 28 Sep 2020, 17:40

Why not try Yojo Senki?

The anime covers some of it

Saga of Tanya the Evil

It’s Fantasy, SciFi and Isekai

So is Log Horizon so it’d be good one too.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 17 Oct 2020, 17:34

hiya long since i've been show here.

well, I recently started reading another -shojo ? ?- LN; Tearmoon Empire Story.
At the moment it has just 2 digital Volumen which I just finished, and J-Novel is still publishing the 3rd one...

the plot is quite interesting... a greedy and selfish "Snob" princess is reincarnated as herself few year earliest to chance her fate ...

What are you guys reading now ?

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 01 Nov 2020, 19:18

hiiya, just catch with another (isekai?)… Fushi no Kami, rebuild a civilization starts with a Village.

I have already finished the first vol. (8 parts on J-Novel.club) and cath with Part 2 of Vol 2. which made a twist in the plot with a new interesting character.

Ash, our MC, moves to the near City from his original village!!
… what will he, and his companions acomplish there?

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 10 Nov 2020, 02:06

I'm gonna try The Sorcerer's Receptionist

About time I used my j-novel club for something other than Myne.

It's good so far

hype1980
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by hype1980 » 11 Nov 2020, 19:44

Its already been recommended, but Welcome to the NHK light novel is awesome (as is the anime)

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 12 Nov 2020, 01:34

The Sorcerer's Receptionist is good. It starts very fast paced. Like 6 years in 2 hours of reading. But it's better written than most LNs.
That graduation ball was interesting.

Jnovel club doesn't have the first full volume so I bought it for Kindle.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 15 Nov 2020, 03:14

Momogari wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 01:34
The Sorcerer's Receptionist is good. It starts very fast paced. Like 6 years in 2 hours of reading. But it's better written than most LNs.
That graduation ball was interesting.

Jnovel club doesn't have the first full volume so I bought it for Kindle.
I’ve considered picking this one up but haven’t yet.

I just recently read ‘The Combat Baker and Automation Waitress’ volume 1. It was more interesting then I thought it’d be. That said I’m not sure if I’ll pick up volume 2 yet. It isn’t that volume 1 was bad. In fact I had hard time not wanting to read more. It’s just I like how the first volume concluded. I don’t think I want there to me more.
本好きの下剋上