Anime/manga collections

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Anime/manga collections

Post by PortgasDAce » 20 Jan 2020, 04:39

Let's see some pics of your anime/manga! Or tell us what you have! :)

I own about 285 manga volumes. The series I have in full are RG Veda, Akame ga Kill, Rayearth, Chobits, RG Veda, Gravitation, Love Hina, Deadman Wonderland, Sailor Moon/Sailor V, Fushigi Yugi, Ceres, Fullmetal Alchemist, Battle Royale, Blood+, Angel Sancturary, and Utena. I've also got some volumes of Nana, Chrono Crusade, GTO, Cardcaptor Sakura, Ranma 1/2, Higurashi, Gundam Wing, Miracle Girls,Akame ga Kill Zero, and I'm working on completing Negima (12 volumes to go!).

I also collect Funko Pops. ^^
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: Anime/manga collections

Post by unoduetre » 20 Jan 2020, 11:01

Oh, that's great!

I only own a few physical manga volumes. I decided not to buy too many of them, because I move often.

I have completed Chobits, I have some single volume manga/LNs and some short manga/LNs (like 3 volumes etc. or all-in-one volume). I'm also completing Seraph of the End, Akame ga Kill, Happy Sugar Life and Princess Jellyfish.

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 20 Jan 2020, 18:56

285! Madness

I have whole Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note + Ibitsu
Now I'm collecting Berserk Deluxe, 3 books (9 volumes)

N0Ne
Afghanistan

Achievements

Post by N0Ne » 20 Jan 2020, 23:00

One day I'll post my collection but as of right now it's here, there and everywhere... Im not a manga collector but I have a ton of DVD/Blu-ray anime. Also a big figure collector.

I recently added this little cutie to my line up -> Just coudn't resist....

22 Nyan POP UP PARADE Figure -- Bilibili Douga

05497TPO_1_2048x.jpg
05497TPO_1_2048x.jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Attachments
1569480937_45379_POP221.jpg
1569480937_45379_POP221.jpg (52.45 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 21 Jan 2020, 00:38

She is so cute (๑╹ω╹๑ )

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 21 Jan 2020, 04:47

unoduetre wrote:Oh, that's great!

I only own a few physical manga volumes. I decided not to buy too many of them, because I move often.

I have completed Chobits, I have some single volume manga/LNs and some short manga/LNs (like 3 volumes etc. or all-in-one volume). I'm also completing Seraph of the End, Akame ga Kill, Happy Sugar Life and Princess Jellyfish.

Nice! :D

Yeah, I apparently have more than I thought. *lol* Boyfriend wasn't too happy about having to haul those heavy boxes out here to the garage! *lol*
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 21 Jan 2020, 04:48

NataliaJulia wrote:285! Madness

I have whole Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note + Ibitsu
Now I'm collecting Berserk Deluxe, 3 books (9 volumes)

Is that a lot? I always thought that my collection was small for 20 years of collecting. *lol*

I want Berserk too, but don't want to pay $50 a piece for the deluxe edition. XD
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 21 Jan 2020, 04:49

FiLtHyRoSe wrote:One day I'll post my collection but as of right now it's here, there and everywhere... Im not a manga collector but I have a ton of DVD/Blu-ray anime. Also a big figure collector.

I recently added this little cutie to my line up -> Just coudn't resist....

22 Nyan POP UP PARADE Figure -- Bilibili Douga

Nice! If I had a safe space for them, I'd be collecting figures too. One day!
 Yang Wen-Li.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 21 Jan 2020, 11:55

I have stopped collecting media for anime. Going to streaming and digital books.

I don’t think I’ll get rid of what I already have but probably.

Moving is a real pain with lots of stuff. So I’d like to reduce the stuff I have and keep it that way.

I have 4 wall scrolls so far.

As for Manga, I’ve started giving them away, as I don’t really like reading Manga anyways. I still have a lot of Manga books.

Not sure how many light novels I have probably around 30, maybe. But I’m probably switching to digital for them.

Onto DVD and BlueRay probably a thousand plus.

I’ve long since discarded the cases they came them and placed them in CD cases. Those take up a bunch a room.
本好きの下剋上

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 21 Jan 2020, 11:59

[mention=1132]Lord Myne[/mention]

Do you want to sell some of your manga? If you do, can you PM me?

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 21 Jan 2020, 12:06

I’m not sure what I have. But sure once I know I’ll sell them.

I don’t have all of them unpacked. I’ll look what I do right now. As I plan on purging a lot of my stuff anyways and selling will be better.

My Manga is in good condition considering I haven’t really read them. I already gave my blood+ collection away.
本好きの下剋上

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 21 Jan 2020, 12:08

[mention=1132]Lord Myne[/mention]

Thanks. Let me know when you find out what manga you still have.

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 21 Jan 2020, 14:28

PortgasDAce wrote:Is that a lot? I always thought that my collection was small for 20 years of collecting. *lol*

I want Berserk too, but don't want to pay $50 a piece for the deluxe edition. XD

I bought them on Christmas, so I paid £75 for 3 books ^^

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Jan 2020, 00:02

Lord Myne wrote:I have stopped collecting media for anime. Going to streaming and digital books.

I don’t think I’ll get rid of what I already have but probably.

Moving is a real pain with lots of stuff. So I’d like to reduce the stuff I have and keep it that way.

I have 4 wall scrolls so far.

As for Manga, I’ve started giving them away, as I don’t really like reading Manga anyways. I still have a lot of Manga books.

Not sure how many light novels I have probably around 30, maybe. But I’m probably switching to digital for them.

Onto DVD and BlueRay probably a thousand plus.

I’ve long since discarded the cases they came them and placed them in CD cases. Those take up a bunch a room.

Yeah, I can see how having too much stuff can be a pain.
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Jan 2020, 00:03

NataliaJulia wrote:I bought them on Christmas, so I paid £75 for 3 books ^^

Nice!
 Yang Wen-Li.