Do you consider " Donghua " anime?

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

SakuyaShizuka

Achievements

Do you consider " Donghua " anime?

Post by SakuyaShizuka » 16 Jan 2020, 13:12

Anyone Watched The Grandmaster of Diabolic Cultivation?? Also known as Founder of Diabolism.

Im not sure how many actually count it as anime but i do. Because i definately want to meet of fans of this fandom.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: Do you consider " Donghua " anime?

Post by unoduetre » 16 Jan 2020, 13:44

[mention=119307]SakuyaShizuka[/mention]

I do not consider donghua anime for the same reason I do not consider things like RWBY anime.

But it doesn't mean that either donghua or e.g. RWBY are bad. There are both good and bad things, regardless whether it's anime or not. Besides that, these things are not anime, but they're certainly anime-style.

It's similar to manga. There are things like manhua, manhwa, manfra, American comics and European comics. They're not the same, but there are some e.g. European comics (e.g. manfra) which are manga-style etc. Even in the current anime season there is an anime which is based on manfra (Radiant). So there is some overlap.

I've watched and liked some donghua and aeni as well. E.g. Hitori no Shita: The Outcast was ok. I haven't seen Grandmaster of Diabolic Cultivation. Is it good?

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 16 Jan 2020, 13:48

We have a thread to discuss donghua here: showthread.php?120916-Chinese-animation-(donghua)

SakuyaShizuka

Achievements

Post by SakuyaShizuka » 16 Jan 2020, 14:04

Yes it's quite good. Although the original novel is a Yaoi genre, they animated it into wuxia genre for sake of censorship in China. If you like angst plot line with plot twists but ends up having a pretty decent end , This donghua is quite good the animation switch of 3D To 2D is very fluent. It got so popular in china and asia it even got a live drama adaption, and for once an live action didn't made it weird. The found actors who has similar to the characters and i found it quite pleasing since the entire casts read the original and made sure to slip in extra scenes into it. The donghua now has a total of 23 episodes (S1 +S2) with the 1st half of the story S3 is coming soon it is quite a good animation.