Akame ga Kill

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Akame ga Kill

Post by PortgasDAce » 28 Nov 2019, 03:19

I watched the anime awhile ago, and just finished the manga a few weeks ago. It was a fun ride. I love seeing bad guys get their come-uppance, although I love Esdeath. What are your thoughts?
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: Akame ga Kill

Post by unoduetre » 28 Nov 2019, 12:30

I'm buying the manga, but I haven't finished it yet. I've seen the anime long time ago and I liked it. That's why I started buying the manga.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 29 Nov 2019, 04:33

It's even more fun. There are a lot of extra fights that the anime didn't show.
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

Kilidath
Veteran Member

Achievements

Post by Kilidath » 29 Nov 2019, 07:12

I struggle with the anime, I watched a but the jarring jump from seriousness to comedy made it a little less enjoyable and I stopped.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 30 Nov 2019, 03:34

Kilidath wrote:I struggle with the anime, I watched a but the jarring jump from seriousness to comedy made it a little less enjoyable and I stopped.
It happens.
 Yang Wen-Li.