Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 23 Sep 2020, 21:59

This week was the final part with side stories.

One of the side stories covered the 2nd in between anime of the 2 seasons. While they were similar there were quite a few differences. The book was the more significant it seems then the anime suggested. Now that was intriguing.

Another covered Wilford’s time at the Temple when he and his sister swapped places for a day. It pretty much happened the way I imagined it. Ferdinand took Rozemyne’s advice to strap Wilford to a chair quite literally so that was humorous.

The last one is a good one though as it gives insights from a new character on how Rozemyne is viewed.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 25 Sep 2020, 22:02

I just started reading the part two of the Manga adaptation.
Yep, definitely last 4 side histories where quite nicer. I broke my ass Laughing, with Wilfred's one. XDD
The par from Brigitte was also interesting as secondary plot for the following books. search for new materials for Plant based paper ... and see what else our lovely weirdo can find at her Lands. XDD

Warming of POTENTIAL!! ...
  Spoiler:  
... I guess, the Orphans from Hassel, will end training new orphans at new Monasteries in other cities ... as they will understand better than no one else, how farmer orphans live...

What I want to hear is abut Freida. 
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 06 Nov 2020, 04:19

I am caught up with the novel updates.

I look forward to Brigitte's dress. I imagine that's a trivial affair to expect to anticipate but she deserves it.

And Philine's future role.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 07 Nov 2020, 12:17

Momogari wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 04:19
I am caught up with the novel updates.
Yeah!!! Well done!
:<3: :<3:

Momogari wrote:I look forward to Brigitte's dress. I imagine that's a trivial affair to expect to anticipate but she deserves it.

And Philine's future role.
Agree 100% with Philine future rol.
Also I'm  wandering what will happens  with Freida. She hasn't appeared lately. 

Awed at what will hapens next at Hasse City with his Mayor… 
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 09 Nov 2020, 23:58

I’m wondering the same about Philine. Seems Myne likes her.

I’m curious about the dress too. It was mentioned first sometime ago so I wonder how long it’ll be before we find out.

I’m also interested in what Myne’s hunt for her next ingredient will be like. I’m a bit confused about how the mana colouring works.

Her Autumn ingredient was from a Fey Plant but her Winter from a Fey beast or Spirit. Still the first was ruined because of a beast and what it ate. So how is the Winter one different?

Seems time is starting to progress quicker too.

Last thing I’m curious about and what may come of it is that letter that sent itself. That seems obviously something troubling.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 10 Nov 2020, 00:44

I just read the most recent chapter and well time slowed down. Not a single day pass since the last chapter ended.

It’s all about Hasse and how terrifying nobles really are.
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 10 Nov 2020, 02:05

I find something attractive in efficient brutality.
In fiction.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 10 Nov 2020, 10:31

Momogari wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 02:05
I find something attractive in efficient brutality.
In fiction.
@MomogarI love that sentence!
@Lord Myne
Yep. I suppose that ingredients have to be some how different. Wonder what kind of ingredient will be next.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 11 Nov 2020, 00:46

:dance:  yeah! great chaps!! 

I love the END!!
  Spoiler:  
… 
IMG_20201111_004149.jpg
Honzuki Part 3, Vol 3 (J-N's Part 7),
IMG_20201111_004149.jpg (28.35 KiB) Viewed 1046 times

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 17 Nov 2020, 23:15

Starting now with Our lovely Bookworm weirdo!. Book 10 (Vol 3, part 3, Splint 8)
  Spoiler:  
The Spring ingredient, and discussing the Spring  prayer
Just the title, … look promising chaps bundle!!  :smoke: :smoke:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 19 Nov 2020, 01:30

I read it 2 days ago and it leaves off on a cliffhanger.

I want to read the next part now. Sadly it won’t be available for another 5 days.

Yes I know the web novel is available and translated, but it lacks depth and details. Those are what makes a story good in my opinion. So yeah not reading web novel or manga. Manga lacks depth and details too or you could say the details are in the images but I appreciate the depth and details in words instead.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 19 Nov 2020, 23:52

Lord Myne wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 01:30
I read it 2 days ago and it leaves off on a cliffhanger.

I want to read the next part now. Sadly it won’t be available for another 5 days.

Yes I know the web novel is available and translated, but it lacks depth and details. Those are what makes a story good in my opinion. So yeah not reading web novel or manga. Manga lacks depth and details too or you could say the details are in the images but I appreciate the depth and details in words instead.

In deed!!! I fully understood. How description are expressed in words is what made the novels that unique thing.
Manga, Anime or live action movie all lack of those smaller details that let our imagination fly while reading. :dance:

Also, YES! it finished in a &@(£@($62961972936410'\qw82ewt8 Cliffhanger!!! :x :x :x :x
They did it in purpose to keep us dousing our vice. >___<

I really wander how it will be adapted when (if...) the anime reach that long. :^_^:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 24 Nov 2020, 02:35

Myne: "Normal people certainly are wise, aren't they?"
Stupid sexy gandalf: "Fool of a took!"

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 27 Nov 2020, 16:12

Momogari wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 02:35
Myne: "Normal people certainly are wise, aren't they?"
Stupid sexy gandalf: "Fool of a took!"
They are, but are they really normal? I would say the are not. I believe Rozemyne somehows attracts the bizare and extroadinary as her normal people as you put it.

Well, I just finished reading the last part. This one included the epilogue, so the next one will be side stories most likely.

I was definitely right it ended on a cliff hanger. A lot went down in this latest chapter.

Spoiler:  
It seems the Spring goddes does not like men. It also seems she is fond of music and sweets. Wow that could've been the end of Rozemyne. Ferdinand was literally helpless to do anything. I'd imagine even they called the Knight's Oder it would have been equally helpless. It's interesting the Ferdinand was so panicked, that is highly unuusal for him. Ferdinand is usually quite calm and always makes rational decisions because always has his wits about him. In this case he did not. Too see Ferdinand so excited too. I think at this point if Rozemyne was older Ferdinand would be developing a love interest for her. Enough about Ferdinand.

Rozemyne prayed during it and help the fey flower grow and it offered her just gave her it's ingredient. I'd would say this is the most bizarre of all, fey plants actually helping and assisting. Usually all the fey plants or beasts in this world have thus far been completly hostile. It makes me wonder if the fey creatures and plants are actually evil or if they just battle simply to survive. Though they attack each other and steal mana so I can't that's a good thing. Perhaps it's just certain fey plants and maybe even fey beasts that are different.

In summary the events that took place in this last chapter were unexpected but fantastic too. Of course I expected them to be able to acquire the Spring ingredient.

As for the epilogue, Ferdinand actually gives praise to Rozemyne, obviously not to her. Then it reveals where they will be going and hunting for their summer ingredient. I'm thinking the potion may be completed in the next book. It only names the beast and mentions it's a bird. Nothing about it's likeness. I'm sure will learn that once Rozemyne sees it and explains what it appears to be to her, like the toads. All those toads!
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 27 Nov 2020, 16:31

I came across something interesting today.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10fn ... rpg4x7gsio

This link is to pretty much a glossary on the world of Ascendance of a Bookworm. May want to include this in the first post. It's based on the English translated Light Novels and probably includes some spoilers on events and characters from the current ongoing translation that only J-novel readers can read.

It does include anything from the Japanese Light novels or web novel. So it's a great resource for the Light Novel readers. The anime for the most parts is pretty much exactly the same as the Light Novel. I hear the Manga differs more but is pretty much the same too. I haven't read it. To begin with the Manga was behind the anime, but it's probably ahead of it now.
本好きの下剋上