Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 14 May 2020, 17:16

JDShand wrote:
11 May 2020, 05:56
I need more seasons after this of "my little book maker can't be this smug" :D
I think everyone need more seasons of our little 'trouble' Bookmaker XDD

BTW: interesting how "google" is translating "Sylvester [ジルヴェスター = 'Jiruvesuta-'] in two word as: Jill Wester.
XDD (Prologue, Book 1 Part 3)
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 14 May 2020, 22:04

I came to find out Slyvester's name was changed because it doesn't translate from Japanese to English. Sylvester was close to how it sounded so they went with it.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 21 May 2020, 09:30

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was expecting this side chapter!!! tell by: Leon - "Sylvester undercover" he he he

Amazing!!!!
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 21 May 2020, 10:59

Now isn't that a spoiler? lol, but yeah it was good story. xD

Spoiler:  
Lutz was telling Sylvester what to do here and there, and the young ones started calling him Sylv because he got tired of the Grey Priests correcting them. xD

I'm surprised Leon knew who Sylvester was, his reactions were interesting. He doesn't have a high opinion of Lutz. It seems he believes he is Lutz's superior and he will always be. Further he believes Lutz is only being treated well because of Myne. Which would be all false assumptions on his part.

Lutz got in the door because of Myne, but the reason why he's still there is because of his hard work and he is intelligent. Leon will be underneath Lutz in authority soon enough. There's a reason why his family is a third rate merchant family, they're lazy. Not that they won't work, but they'll do what they need to do.

本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 21 May 2020, 16:31

I don't think saying the chapter tittle: "X Undercover" will Spoiler anything at all ...
  Spoiler:  
even less when they're Characters than only who has read the novels up to book 6 or 7 knows ...( was in book 6 first appearance? ... don't remember in which one Leo appear. TT__TT )

In deed! I agree with your 2nd & 3rd sentences.
  Spoiler:  
Yep. Leo has not that much good opinion of Lutz, not even his own current duties under Benno's command. XDD
so eager for next chapter. and new book starting!!

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 23 May 2020, 11:43

Fisrt 'Side talk" (Chapter) on WN-Part 3. [Chap 187 of; 677 ]
  Spoiler:  
By Google-translator ...

Quiet cough

I'm Fugo, 21 years old. Found by Mr. Benno, the husband of the Gilberta Company, he finished training for about a year as a blue shrine maiden apprentice and was appointed as a chef at an Italian restaurant.
It seems that the foil is attached to the fact that he is cooking at the apprenticeship of the blue shrine maiden, which is an aristocrat. At the Star Festival next year, I will be the protagonist. Next time is the protagonist.

... XDD so creepy the automatic web translations, :p

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 26 May 2020, 14:27

I haven't been reading the Web Novel. Nor do I intend to. But it is a wait for the LNs to come out and anime.

The LN is fairly far ahead of the anime.

I think a lot is going to happen in the next episode.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 27 May 2020, 01:22

Lord Myne wrote:
26 May 2020, 14:27
I haven't been reading the Web Novel. Nor do I intend to. But it is a wait for the LNs to come out and anime.

The LN is fairly far ahead of the anime.

I think a lot is going to happen in the next episode.
he he, you do well keeping waiting. I just can't ! TT__TT I want to read more, and more quicker.

What it surprise me the most ... is that I can't find any fan-edition going forward the the official translation. hehe.

In the official Japanese web site, I find the info that one spin off, is happening few years after the min plot, from a new character, enrolling in to the 'Royal Academy'.
this I want to wait, don't wanna be to much spoiled by succes I haven't read yet in the Myne series.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 31 May 2020, 11:49

This was the first anime episode I hadn't read before. I've decided to catch up with the LNs too.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 31 May 2020, 16:00

I fell 2 episodes behind. Now I'm caught up with the anime again. It was kind of nice to have more than 1 watch. I already knew pretty what was going to occur but they were some differences which made the anime enjoyable. ^_^

Myne's moods change so fast, it's cute.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 01 Jun 2020, 06:55

I love when she explain, or when she thinks in SD character. jejeje.
was so funniest last episode!.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 02 Jun 2020, 14:28

I'm caught up with the LNs and I've pre-ordered the next one.

I understand now why trombe is bad news.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 03 Jun 2020, 00:31

Momogari wrote:
02 Jun 2020, 14:28
I'm caught up with the LNs and I've pre-ordered the next one.

I understand now why trombe is bad news.
I specte this part will be adapted in this season. ( as far I saw in the PV) ... and from there the plot keep going up !! :dance: :dance: :dance:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 03 Jun 2020, 00:34

I can't wait to see that part in the anime myself.

It'll be quite interesting.

I'm rereading all of Part 2 right now, I just started reading volume 1 again. Hopefully Part 2 volume 4 will be out by the time I finish reading Part 2 volume 3, so I can buy it and read it normally.

So far Part 3 has been pretty cool.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 03 Jun 2020, 01:37

Lord Myne wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 00:34
I can't wait to see that part in the anime myself.

<3 me too!! :dance: I'm pretty curious how they will adapt the Tronbe plant, and
  Spoiler:  
the revitalisation ceremony.
I will wait a bit more to re-read the whole LN from Part 1. and also I'ev pre-order my digital copy of Book 4 (part 2), plus the printed edition of Part 2 Book 2. :dance:
So far Part 3 has been pretty cool.
o yeah! they upload today and I open it, and get busiest... and forget about. So I ended no reading it.  TT__TTu
I'll do later... tomorrow.    :Neko:  hehehe. :p

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: