Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 05 Jan 2021, 14:26

Screenshot_20210105-142004_1.png
Screenshot_20210105-142004_1.png (20.06 KiB) Viewed 1137 times

I just have to post it!
I laugh to hard with this chap ending !!! ..that I have to share it!
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 06 Jan 2021, 19:45

Spoiler:  
Screenshot_20210106-190205_1.png
Screenshot_20210106-190205_1.png (24.56 KiB) Viewed 1129 times

So GREAT CHAPTERS!!!!, i expeting ther will be really interesting side histories after to the great closure for this book !!!!!
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 08 Jan 2021, 12:04

But the real question is will Brigitte strike down Daniel?

I was sure that this book was going to have the rest of the gatherings in it for Rozemyne’s potion.

So for though this book has started out good.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2021, 03:04

I just read the last part, just came out today. Fran and the other Grey Priests are having a hard time adjusting. It's kind of hysterical.

I'm looking forward to the paper though. The end of this part makes it sounds like the Summer Hunt is going to come up soon, followed by the Fall hunt, then ending with Lutz traveling back to Ehrenfest. But I guess that could happen in the next book. I doubt it, but if it does I'm thinking it'll be the very next book and early on. But I'm fairly sure, the ingredients will all be gathered this book. At the same time I'm sure we won't find out what the result of that is until the next book.

I'm really curious on how Rozemyne might change as a result.

Don't open unless you want to read a spoiler not yet covered or could turn out to just be untrue.
  Spoiler:  
On Daniel and Brigette. Now, I read ahed on some plot stuff. Which was awhile ago, when I didn't think I'd be able to continue to read on for this wonderful story. But according to that source I read ahead on which completely untrue which seems likely at this point. Daniel and Brigitte does not get married, ever. By what it revealed which right now I'm certain must be incorrect and just some weird hopeful was Frieda and Daniel gets hitched. Though this hasn't been so hard to believe until the Brigitte and Daniel thing happend recently. Frieda's noble tie is Daniel's older brother. This was pointed out in the book Myne died in and her funeral was held.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 12 Jan 2021, 13:58

:dance: I love the last sentence of first Chap in this part.

plotting in tje shadows… :smoke:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 24 Jan 2021, 05:46

Well that was an exciting chapter.

I like this creative world.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Killer Wolf
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Killer Wolf » 26 Jan 2021, 11:18

Nooooo I have to wait until march for the next book.....
🐺

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 26 Jan 2021, 19:39

Killer Wolf wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 11:18
at which book are you now ?!

wooo. this new chap introducing <...> older Sis, and the new "thing" offered to the Aub ...
I'm smelling nicer plots coming forward at great speed!!!

Juist awesome!! ( ^ ___ ^ ) // BANZAAIII!

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Fooly!
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Fooly! » 27 Jan 2021, 23:18

I need to catch up on this...
I'm the FooLy
Yes I'm the real FooLy
And all the other Fooly
Are just the imitating

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 29 Jan 2021, 23:08

I've been rereading Part 3 the past week. Currently I'm on Part 3, Volume 4, Part 8.
New Characters
  Spoiler:  
I discovered Sylvester's uncle, Bonifatius is mentioned in the first volume during Lamprecht's side story in Part 3 volume 1. Bonifatius is also the older brother of Sylvester's father, the previous Archduke and Karstedt's father.

Georgine is Sylvester's oldest sibling. It's been mentioned that Sylvester was the first boy born to his father, so Sylvester should only have older sisters, possibly younger. After which, Georgine was married off to another Duchy as a third wife to ensure there'd be no political dispute. Georgine was raised to become the next Archduchess until Sylvester's birth. Sylvester was noted to have much more mana than her, and that's why he was chosen to become the next Archduke instead. It makes you wonder what the succession battle between Sylvester and sister was about. It actually doesn't make sense why one occurred. The succession battle at this point sounds like had to been with a younger sibling, thus sister, since a sister was mentioned who had close to the same mana as he did. It wasn't with Georgine or his sister married into the Frenbeltag Duchy as she was mentioned to be an older sister. If Sylvester had more mana capacity than any of the previous children, there'd be no reason for him to have a succession war with either of these two sisters. It doesn't add up, but it could still be plausible.
Georgine has somehow become the first wife of Aub Ahrensbach. The circumstances leading to this event hasn't been explained. But it has been mentioned that the Duchy of Ahrensbach is of higher rank then Ehrenfest. Ehrenfest has been mentioned to be a weak duchy. Well this story is about an underdog climbing their way to the top so it makes since the story would take place in the weakest or at least one of the weaker duchy, meaning most have a higher rank or are simply more important than Ehrenfest.
New Inventions
  Spoiler:  
The handpump seemed to come out of nowhere, but it was briefly mentioned toward the beginning of volume 4.

Obviously there is quite a lot that has occurred in Part 3. There are few things we can safely will conclude at the end of Volume 4
  Spoiler:  
Georgine will make trouble for Ehrenfest
Rozemyne will gather her last ingredient
Lutz will return from the Illgner Province
A new paper product will be discovered, but probably not as good as Trombe. Seems like Trombe paper has to be the extra special paper.
Speculation of what's to come
  Spoiler:  
Georgine will attempt and pretty much succeed in killing Rozemyne
Rozemyne will have her Jureve ready and be able to recover from yet another death.
There's only one volume left for Part 3 so it seems it being about the above is quite possible.
After it finishes though, the next part will be most likely be about the Royal Academy.

Killer Wolf
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Killer Wolf » 29 Jan 2021, 23:36

Ekkun wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 19:39
Killer Wolf wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 11:18
at which book are you now ?!

wooo. this new chap introducing <...> older Sis, and the new "thing" offered to the Aub ...
I'm smelling nicer plots coming forward at great speed!!!

Juist awesome!! ( ^ ___ ^ ) // BANZAAIII!
I have been waiting for the release of the light novels, when I read chapters that are fan translated it never feels like enough to me and I really like a good lounge with a book. I just finished volume 10 of the light novel about a week ago.
🐺

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 29 Jan 2021, 23:59

You know Ekkun and I aren't reading fan translated versions. We are reading the light novel as it is translated on the publisher's site, J-novel. So the same book as you @Killer Wolf, just a bit earlier.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 30 Jan 2021, 03:15

Scarlet Knight wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 23:08
  Spoiler:  
Georgine will attempt and pretty much succeed in killing Rozemyne
Rozemyne will have her Jureve ready and be able to recover from yet another death.
There's only one volume left for Part 3 so it seems it being about the above is quite possible.
After it finishes though, the next part will be most likely be about the Royal Academy.
Oh shit

well maybe.
The ingredients have gone faster than I thought, so yes, the academy comes sooner than I thought.
hmmmmm

I'm reading it on jnovel too
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 02 Feb 2021, 02:24

The last part included the Epilogue.

Which means the next part published will only be side stories.

So not what I thought would conclude this volume occurred, but it pretty much concluded that will occur toward the beginning of the next book. As the Harvest Festival is fast approaching. Seems like the next book is going to be full of political maneuvers for better or worst.

Speculation on events in this part
  Spoiler:  
Wilfred may have been encouraged by one of his retainers to invite his Aunt back. They are simply acting like they messed up, when in fact they plotted it.

Though this in itself doesn't make a lot of sense unless they believe it'll rid them of Rozemyne, which they might believe. After all it's said that Georgine is most like Veronica, so they may believe she may want to eliminate Rozemyne as a possible heir.

Some has come to light though. The political situation in Ehrenfest is unstable and Sylvester's position as Archduke is not so certain.

One thing's for sure, they will without a doubt be unable to prove Rozemyne's commoner birth, I mean Ferdinand, yes Ferdinand is involved and would have already made such a feat blow up in their face if they tried it because he would have certainly expected some of the nobles to try it.

Spoiler:  
Rozemyne will be killed because of the plotting, because the nobles will underestimate just how weak Rozemyne is. So their attempt to capture her will fail. However, because they will fail, I believe they will also expose themselves.

It'll be that or they'll hit when the Knight Commander and Lord Ferdinand are there as well and get caught red handed. They don't seem all that bright, so I'm sure one of these two things will be the outcome, but I could be wrong.

I mean it seems to be obvious too me at least that Georgine is lying to them about knowing where the Foundation is, she's just manipulating them because she knows they'll only make a move if they think it's possible for Georgine to become the Archduke of Ehrenfest.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 06 Feb 2021, 18:18

kind of
  Spoiler:  
... I just thou... With position ion number was Veronica wive to the previous Archduke ?
? :soul:

Answer to the 2nd "can happen" Spoiler from (Lord Myne!? o_0) @Scarlet Knight 
  Spoiler:  
If she where First, or become first after the Class in the noble society... She must know where the Fundation is... but I beg it can be only accessed by Syl Mana, or who he give access to, like when they went to the Archduke Conference ... (trying to not spoil too much for who has not read so far. XDDD ) . Then if Georgine has been in contact with his Uncle all those years, for sure also with her mother. who might not be available to tell about her brother sentence to Georgine... that's why she didn't now earliest his uncle dead. ...

My guessing for Par 3 Vol 5 (next after pre-publish the Side histories of P3V4-part10) [Eager for know to who perspective they will be this time.
I wish one is from G... through the Tea Party. (^_^)u  
and one more from Ilgner Giebe. 
  Spoiler:  
Definitely next book is about the last ingredient gathering through the Spring Festival, and the attack to Rozenmyne.
I believe Veronica's+G's faction will still having a spy in the temple... but not to sure how much info 'it' can gather... avoiding been discovered by Ferdinant.  
 also I am wondering if next par 4, vol 1, will start with the cure of Rozenmyne... 

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: