Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 14 Mar 2021, 15:33

I’m Heldawn there.

Well it would seem we just finished the power up part. It seems to me that Rozemyne will power up even more and figure out other ways to increase mana and efficiency use of it.

I’m curious as to what is to come. I mean there so many uncertainties. It seems political chaos right now in the bookworm world and anything could spike out of control at any moment.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 16 Mar 2021, 01:15

Well I just read the last part that came out today. A lot of time passed in it. It even included the Epilogue. I thought there were suppose to be eight parts but this was just part 5. Does that mean they are completing it with Part 6 or are they just that many side stories?

Actually a bunch of side stories this time would make sense. So maybe there are still 8 parts.

Edit: Okay I just checked and 3 more parts are scheduled to come out, so there will be eight parts.

The Fanbook will end with Part 3 so there's more of it to come too.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 16 Mar 2021, 11:17

:smoke: Woow. just finished with first chap of this part "Charlote baptismCeremony"
So nice until it end in a Cliffhanger!!! geeezz! :dance: :dance: :dance:
now for second one "… Daugter" … :soul: :soul: :dance:
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 16 Mar 2021, 12:16

:=/: glup!, a hard lesson for Lady Rozenmyne to learn !!  :smoke:

Btw, Great chap this 2nd one. (Spoiler)…(/spoiler) Daugter.

:sweatdrop:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 16 Mar 2021, 14:04

:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: hehehe I cried like a baby with joy reading the 4th Chap. :nod: :nod:
So goood!

Spoiler:  
I more or less have expecter that long gap in the Jureve potion. but was so charming also reading through it.

geez, so eager to start with the bunch of Side extra histories…
5 whole new books! omg!
Gil is so awesome… "she migh awake early if She have some book next to her… " :dance: :dance:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 23 Mar 2021, 01:52

Sleeping Rozemyne sure is a useful teaching tool and Ferdinand is using her well.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 23 Mar 2021, 02:20

lol, that's true. But it seems Charlotte has decided Rozemyne is a Goddess Incarnate

Spoiler:  
It seems there is still hope for Rozemyne to be more like she's healthy. Bonfiatus's chapter points this idea out clearly. Rozemyne has an abundant of mana and mana can be used to enhance your body, so this means she can use mana in the future to actually function normally if she learns this technique and how to control it precisely. It sounds as if Rozemyne will probably be capable of doing this. So that's kind of neat.

本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 23 Mar 2021, 19:37

:evil: :evil: :evil: I LOVE Bonifatius, side history!
If I never get reincarnated in a fantasy wolrd like like this, I want him, or someone alike to protect me.

So Hilarious, !! GREAT CHARACTER.

100 BANZIA'S for BONIFATIUS!

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 23 Mar 2021, 21:26

:<3: BFF!!
  Spoiler:  
Honzuki -Philine+Charlotte_1.png
Honzuki -Philine+Charlotte_1.png (226.72 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Poor Charlotte!!!

This was also an AWESOME CHAPTER.

:<3: :<3: :<3:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 23 Mar 2021, 21:45

Charlotte is working so diligently. Even Wilfred seems to be. But I dunno for sure.

I’m sure we’re going to get quite a few more side stories from other characters. Luttz, Tuuli, Benno, Gil, Brigette, etc.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 04 Apr 2021, 13:45

I coukd not wait to next chap bundle from JNC ...
I re-read some chaps googled translated from the original webnovel version.

And find …
  Spoiler:  
Rozemyne awakening chap from the Juvere (Ferdinand perspective) was originally the Preface for Part 4 WNovel.
… and it have been split in 2 for the publised Novels.
Google TRANSLATION is a big shit… (at least from Japanese)…

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 17 Apr 2021, 13:18

It created an awkward silence, the last part of Volume 3 did. So many chapters not about Rozemyne. There were a bunch of Side stories. So much happened. I'm not sure if I can remember everything. So I'll just cover a few highlights. Just like Myne's comment, "So much Snow," when she first saw snow in the anime. Snow was everywhere and it was a few feet deep on the sides where they had move the snow out of the way.
  Spoiler:  
Bonifatius Rozemyne's Grandfather gets a real introduction. It turns out he avoids responsibility as much as possible otherwise he would have been the Arch Duke and Karstedt would've been the heir instead of Wilfred who is older than Sylvester. But Bonifatius didn't want to become the Arch Duke and left it to his younger brother instead who was Sylvester's father. Bonifatius took the Archduke candidacy and was prepared by his father to become the next Arch Duke. So Bonifatius knows all the Arch Duke's most guarded secrets that only the Arch Duke should know.

Bonifatius was also a former Knight and apparently he enjoyed his duties as a Knight and could've been the former Knight Commander prior to Karstedt. I imagine they are since they probably have more mana then the other Arch Nobles since Karstedt could've become the Arch Duke if things turned out differently. Bonifatius utilizes enhancement magic quite a bit and it was quite effective at least against humans. It'd be interesting to see how well it would work against Fey Beasts.

It turns out Bonifatius had little motivation prior to Rozemyne becoming is granddaughter was nonexistent and really didn't care to help out Sylvester or anyone for that matter. He isn't the most intelligent person but he isn't stupid either but combat seems to where his real skills are. With his knew found motivation he helps Sylvester understand just how dangerous is older sister Georgine really is, which I'll get to next. He also trains all of Rozemyne's Knights and hints at training some others as well to learn how to be far more effective. I suppose the Royal Academy doesn't teach all the tricks and skills to their students. So the question is why did Rozemyne motivate him? She's cute, smart, talented, and got adopted by the Arch Duke it seems is the reason. Perhaps he always wanted a daughter and only had sons then his sons only had sons and finally Rozemyne came which made his dream of having a daughter well granddaughter come true. He is certainly not aware that Karstedt is not her father. He probably does believe that Rozemyne was Rosemary's daughter. Regardless Bonifatius is highly protective of Rozemyne and loves her dearly.

Georgine Sylvester's oldest sister like Bonifatius was given all the knowledge that only the Arch Duke of Ehrenfest should know. Or at least could have been and most likely was. So she could take over Ehrenfest if she wanted too. Considering the Duchies were reduced in number during the attack on the Sovereignty it is likely the surviving ones absorbed the Duchies lands that didn't. Meaning there's a chance Ehrenfest might get absorbed too via a war or underhanded political maneuvers. Bonifatius was able to give Sylvester a political reason to keep Georgine from visiting again, not that Georgine herself didn't help to that. Georgine was probably not ready to visit again. I can't imagine she would've created something that most likely prohibit from visiting again on purpose. She's present a very cunning intelligent person. It seems did so more out of a desire to seek revenge than anything, so her goal was simply to have Rozemyne killed. It seems to me that she probably doesn't care about becoming the Arch Duke of Ehrenfest but perhaps absorbing it in her Duchy is probably a more logical clear goal and makes more sense to me at least.

Damuel and Brigitte didn't end up getting married because Damuel pretty much has to serve Rozemyne and Brigitte needs to increase her family's nobles population. In other words both have clear goals in life that made their union impossible. Brigitte does get married though. Besides Brigitte's marriage partner being from Elvira's faction and being good for her homeland not much else is known. Perhaps we won't hear much about Brigitte or Illgner for that matter. Yes they are making paper but that's about all the significance they'll probably have going forward. Obviously more will come with Damuel. It feels like not much development was done with Damuel except his brother accepts his decision not to wed Brigitte and put gives a strong lesson in how politics work. I think Damuel will make a much better decision on whom to marry next, someone in Ehrenfest. I had read about rumors of whom that might be and will likely turn out to be true. But it is merely a rumor so I won't post it here.

Fran's side story is more about Wilma's growth but some sad truths about how things work in the Church. Apparently the Blue Priests take on Grey Shrine Maidens simply to have sex with and once they are pregnant they rid themselves of them. Meaning Grey Shrine Maidens have much worst then Grey Priests do. What a terrible life to live. Anyways one of the Grey Shrine Maidens is replaced with new one by one of Blue Priests it turns out none of the Grey Priests or Shrine Maidens knows how to handle Child Birth. They are able to get in touch with Benno who helps them setup something with Hasse. Wilma doesn't want to go because of her fear of men, but Benno forces her to stating she was unfit to be Rozemyne's primary assistant for the Orphanage if she was unwilling to learn how to take care of childbirth herself which is absolutely true despite how dramatic and harsh that was to Wilma. Wilma does realize what Benno stated is the truth so she goes herself. By going it seems she has learned how to either cope well or overcame her fear of men and going outside of her sanctuary. Now Wilma serves in Rozemyne's chambers too and not just in the orphanage reestablishing the norm of such a position again.

Charlotte, Sylvester's daughter and now Rozemyne's younger sister is next. So Rozemyne thinks of Charlotte as family, why it seems because Rozemyne always wanted a younger sister. But it probably stems more from the fact that Rozemyne had a younger brother that she never got to be a big sister too except with the ability to send him some gifts. She probably adores Charlotte because she can actually fulfil her role as an older sibling to her. It's why Rozemyne tries so hard and because Tuuli was such a good older sister to her. Not that Tuuli gets to be Rozemyne's older sister anymore. Charlotte takes Rozemyne's place serving as the High Bishop, but Wilfred helps with this too. It's not surprising that Charlotte does this but it is Wilfred but not much is mentioned about him, but it is clear Wilfred has grown quite a lot and will probably turn out to be a much better Arch Duke then Sylvester, yeah that's pretty easy, no competition there. Charlotte works hard to take over Rozemyne's chores but it turns out to be much more difficult then she had imagine. She starts viewing her older sister as some type of goddess because of the little she has to take over that Rozemyne did.

So finally who took over everything that Rozemyne was doing? Justus took over managing the book/paper workshop in the Temple. Charlotte and Wilfred took over managing the Playroom during Winter Socializing, they also helped with harvests and tax collection as the High Bishop. Elvira expanded the book and paper making industry like Rozemyne would've done. Leise and Hugo created and added new recipes for the Italian Restaurant to use. Fran, Gil, Tuuli, and Hugo contributed to new books. Ferdinand took over the rest of Rozemyne's High Bishop and noble duties leaving him completely drained and remained terrible at saying no to Sylvester. Ferdinand ended up being utterly overworked. No one introduced new trends or came up with new products.

That concludes volume 3, I didn't really mention anything about volume 4. I'll add more on it later.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 27 Apr 2021, 01:09

Just finished reading Part 4 volume 1 part 3.

Rozemyne has several new retainers. 3 new Knights, takes a lot to replace Brigitte. 2 Scholars, and Philine is one of them, yeah. 2 new attendants, one is Angelica's little sister.

Not sure why but I've liked Philine ever since she was introduced.

Seems like the first volume of Part 4 is laying all the groundwork for Part 4. So time is being taken to detail all the new characters and how the school is setup, etc. While I'm still enjoying the series, the parts so far have not been that exciting. But all the new culture of the Bookworm world is quite interesting nonetheless.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 12 May 2021, 11:45

The latest part is prepub was pretty good on that note book 12 just came out the last volume of Part 3.

Prepub spoiler
  Spoiler:  
Rozemyne performed one of her songs leading the music professors to ask the third years to perform more and they discovered she had created several other original songs as well that are unlike any other they have ever heard.  So now they are inviting Rozemyne to a tea party.  She’s composing another original for it.  We know they aren’t really originals but songs she already knows.  

She managed to make the professor who was teaching them how to create High Beasts to faint from shock.  That was a bit funny.

Next she figures out how to compress her mana even further making the professor watching it note she had done the impossible.

After she gets in the Library she activated the rabbit magic tools that assist Librarians.  Which apparently requires archnoble magic or a couple.  But it was also quite the accomplishment.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 30 May 2021, 19:47

Lord Myne wrote:
12 May 2021, 11:45
The latest part is prepub was pretty good on that note book 12 just came out the last volume of Part 3.

Prepub spoiler
  Spoiler:  
Rozemyne performed one of her songs leading the music professors to ask the third years to perform more and they discovered she had created several other original songs as well that are unlike any other they have ever heard. So now they are inviting Rozemyne to a tea party. She’s composing another original for it. We know they aren’t really originals but songs she already knows.

She managed to make the professor who was teaching them how to create High Beasts to faint from shock. That was a bit funny.

Next she figures out how to compress her mana even further making the professor watching it note she had done the impossible.

After she gets in the Library she activated the rabbit magic tools that assist Librarians. Which apparently requires archnoble magic or a couple. But it was also quite the accomplishment.

Quite great chapters <3
  Spoiler:  
...She’s composing another original for it. We know they aren’t really originals but songs she already knows.
Well, mostly the music, coz Rosina is arranging New Lyrics for it... hehehe. Kind of recycled Songs. jajajaja

Man! I can't wait after that part and went forward to read the Google-(shit)-translation of the new chaps in the original Japanese web-novel ... [Now released last Monday...] And now eager to see whats is coming forward...

A lot os self control... not to go again there. XDDD

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: